Can't get DD Out Through Extreme Music Card!!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Canadianguy, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    Can't get DD Out Through the Spdif Extreme Music Card!!

I finally found the creative module!I have it plugged in,have spkrs in 5.1have the jack set to I/O,I enabled spdif out and kept spkrs as default in the control panel,when I disable spkrs Console crashes to ,or is it one or the other?I pick Digi Bitstream out when I try to enable DD live in the Encoding it will jump back to off by itself and says something to the the line of"The creative device has not started please reinstall app"Ive connnected optical out to my reciever.

In the control panel do my spkrs have to be disable for the Digi out to work?

Spdif set to default communicatin device?

Using Danial K Drivers.

Help!!

Suggestions would be appreciated

http://[​IMG]

http://[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  2. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    Okay...everything is working except when I try to test spdif out it says"This Device Is being Used By Another Application"?

Spkrs - Default communication Device
    SPDIF Out - Default Device
    Jacks - I/O
    Digital Out Bit Stream
    Encoder - Dolby Digital Live
    Window 7 64bit

Anyone with this error?

3. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    Did you clean out your reg and run crap cleaner before you installed? You may have delete start menu creative and program folder over again. But make sure you stop creative service before you doing so.

4. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    Try this:

Spkrs - Default Device
    SPDIF Out - Ready
    Jacks - I/O
    Digital Out Bit Stream
    Encoder - Dolby Digital Live

In DDL, settings, output selection-SPDIF Out.

Read below- To enjoy DDL select this playback device-Speakers

And when you select Speakers as default device you can't test SPDIF.

5. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    Okay I put all the setting like you have there and Spdif is ready and when you select Speakers as default device you can't test SPDIF I don't understand,well I do sort of?Testing is like playing it?Sorry If I'm not catching it tonight.Its weird why you have to keep starting in the Adminastative services,mine shuts off fast.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    "Default Communication Device" is only for VOIP.

Hey what drivers are installed? Creative released a new set on Jan 25 that fixes the following issue:

It's possible WMP isn't the only app affected.....

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  7. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    SPDIF test works only if Dolby is disabled in audio control panel. I don't know why. For games I have DDL enabled, for DDL encoded movies you can disable it. On your receiver must be some sign if DDL is active. Try VLC media player, disable DDL in creative audio panel, play some Dolby encoded movie and in VLC menu: audio-audio device-A/52 over SPDIF.

8. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    My reciever isn't showing a signal come through but i can see red through the opt cable and a light in the module.I have the spkrs Default I have the spdif as Ready in control panel,you say now disable it?My VLC player has that setting to.Under recording tab control panel LIne In should be disabled and where it says to "listen" should it be spdif out or spkrs?I cant see what else wrong Im doing?I'm using Danial K Drivers.

9. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    If you watch and listen already encoded movies you should disable Dolby Digital in Creative audio console. For playing games enable Dolby digital in Creative audio console. For recording, I don't know, I don't use it.

Edit

Do you hear any sound from receiver?

10. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    So I figured out he problem ...it was user error on my part!I have 3 optical and 2 coaxil at the back of my reciever and I usually switch 1 optical back and fourth so I plugged it in and evrything is great!!

Thanks Kinfa and everyone else for your replies!!

11. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    I was just wondering because my PC was connected to Analog to my reciever and now it is in Digital to.I can actually switch back and fourth in the input selection on the receiver to hear the difference.

Is that bad having to 2 signals coming at once when playing music or something?