BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Oh I wish I had known about this on my first play through, it's like night and day!I was using well over 2gb before with this tweak I am now at 1400mb! Very happy here, it's definably worth trying out as for me at least, it completely solved my over usage of vram.

2. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    No. Draw distance has quite minimal effect in VRAM usage. (LOD settings in engine)

I'd very much have to agree. It seems like they are, in fact, rendered in 2D sprite in far distance. This, in effect, provides performance advantage as well as considerably lower memory footprint.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Inside you see >1.5gb, outside surrounded by the floating buildings >2.5gb.
    I've disabled gpu culling through the .ini, it really ruins Crysis 3 imo, and i haven't even tried this game with it enabled.
    But yeah i'm gonna give this a 10/10, i'm totally drawn in and i'm gonna buy every bit of DLC too haha :D

4. rochyroch

rochyroch Member

GPU:
    Palit 980GTX SuperJet
    it's the 'Dynamic Shadows' setting that's the killer for me,
    i can pretty much have everything on 'Very High' or 'Ultra' setting,
    but if i have 'Dynamic Shadows' set to 'Very High' or 'Ultra' every now
    & again when i look at certain things eg. the animated portrait statues or
    Cornelius Slate's dead body my frame rate drops from a solid 60fps (v-sync on)
    to exactly 30fps.
    If i set 'Dynamic Shadows' to 'Normal' this problem goes away.

5. angmar

angmar Guest

I am loving this game so far and it is def my favorite of all the bioshocks. I am 4-5 hours in and really don't want it to end I have been trying to pace myself as to not just bang it out in one sitting although it is easily fun enough that one could easily get lost in it's world for hours on end. I definitely recommend dishing out the cash for this game as it is WELL WORTH IT!

6. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Not liking it one bit, boring combat...just find the whole game annoying and dull :/

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    WHAT A GAME!!

Just got it finished and it lasted me a good 10 hours (or so steam says so).

I did explore quite a bit, and found nearly all the hidden items, power-ups, etc

The game is great fun, the world is alive with vibrant colors, a mesmerizing setting, the chitter chatter of people talking and children playing really add to the atmosphere.

I also liked how they actually made Elizabeth both a very likable character and a useful one too. She throws you coins, ammo, health, salts, that she finds around the world and you can use her to open those tears that bring in guns turrents, and cover to the world.

The musical score is also amazing, the music when the bird comes in is simply heart pumping stuff!

ALSO THE ENDING IS FREAKING AMAZING!! (no spoilers but its VERY well done indeed!)

8. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    whats the best AA options ?

9. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Wow, Gave it a try and I don't exceed 1.5gb.
    Nice one!
    Makes me wanna play it again now.:)

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i think we will see BIOSHOCK: MOON. Which will take place on MOON lol. Write this DOWN my friends.

11. aidor

aidor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Nice tweak Dorak!

Just one little problem (and sorry for my poor english, i'm from spain):

When you aim using ironsights, you can see the crosshair just for one second or less. It's not very annoying, because it's barely noticiable, but it's there.

This is happens to you too? Maybe there's a "fix" for this little issue and you found it...

Thnaks in advance
    --------------------------

....and hi Guru3D! this is muy first post here.

12. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    I am playing through again with new tweaks and its soooo much better :)

13. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    I just finished the game, and I must say, my mind was blown. Did not see the ending coming at all.

First Tomb Raider, now this. Sigh, a shame that I'll have to wait until May for another hit, though I suppose Slender: The Arrival will have to do for now

14. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Finished the game today. Very nice. My main crits over this compared to Bioshock would be:

Plasmids (Vigours) - very dumbed down and boring compared to Bioshock's. The only 2 I found really useful were Possess and Electro. They all pretty much had the same secondary functions too, hold button to lay traps.

Weapons - A nice variety but I missed the mods from the first game. They had the mods, but you didn't see anything change physically.

Enemies - I guess I just miss the Splicers, they were messed up and used awesome curse words. There was a distinct lack of cursing in this game, which I found odd. Infinite's enemies weren't that varied or interesting really. Not a deal breaker, just I felt Bioshock 1's were much richer.

Graphically, it's a visual treat. I'll likely play through again once the performance issues have been addressed.

I'm also a little disappointed that this scene didn't make it to the final version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOMVnRAV17g

Either way, fab game. Loved every minute.

15. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I found combat in original Bioshock a little dull as it seemed like sequence of duels. I prefer tactical combat like in Gears of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas, STALKER, Metro 2033.

How does Bioshock Infinite compare to the original game? Anyone?

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Welcome!
    Yes that happens, also i ended up re-enabling the HUD, at least until i'm totally familiar with the game.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Try it with a gamepad.

18. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    Just finished it at about 15 hrs, with a good amount of exploring, backtracking, collecting, etc.

$4/hr ain't so bad if you ask me

19. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    That makes it 2 of us, as i advised before, use an xbox controller or turn off the mouse acceleration.

20. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    What tweaks are you guys referring to? I am trying to find it with no avail :(