Resident Evil 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Fan79

Fan79 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia XFX GTX295
    I turned off bloom effect and game is woking fine now :S

very broken console port :puke2:

2. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    LOL ... Seriously !!! Resident Evil 5 looked really good on PC this is just :puke2:

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Exactly, a lot of your favorite games are crap though, a matter of opinion. ;)

@deathfrag
    Yep, a matter of opinion and yep its boring compared to this, also has crappy LOD detail.

They can fix these low quality textures, but you cant fix something that's boring or dull like Aliens Colonal Marines (Duken nukem Forver) even with turbo ultra high texture resolution.

Yeah looks like a very long game, that mutation/boss variation is cool :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  4. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 & G12+H55
    Any way to disable the mouse filtering when aiming? :3eyes:

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Try this?

[GAME]
    MouseBaseSpeed=1.500000

instead of 2.0

btw I was looking around and found this info at some Chinese forum @ LostPlanet2

Google translate
    TextureMipLimite=2

default is at 2, it stays unchanged until 256, i mean cfg. If I select 512 or higher it reverts back to 2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

at 256+, more precisely 1024 i saw ~ 20mb higher vram usage, but i didnt notice any real texture difference (walls, certain objects), character floor/reflections look detailed by default.

I've have it so atm and every setting stays and doest revert or gets deleted

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I don't know what that setting actually does, if it's mip-map bias or however.

0 up to 32 is accepted, didn't know it could go higher still.
    (Negative doesn't work so it's not texture bias.)

I can't see any difference whatsoever between 0, 1, 2 or 32, of course actual texture quality is a low, medium, high command.
    (highest isn't in the game exe as a valid setting as other MTFrame engine titles sometime use.)

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  8. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    I have to agree with you. It seems that most of the people complaining about how this is the worst game ever have let the media and bad reviews get to them. I loved RE5 and this game isn't as good as RE5 but I am still very much enjoying the game. One issue I was having that didn't seem to effect anyone else was SLI flickering. I run dual GTX480's and run the game maxed @ 3072x1728 and cut to 30fps (I find games like this and Dead Space have the atmosphere ruined by 60fps, it just isn't as scary). Anyway I found with the SLI flag that Nvidia gave to this game created major flickering in certain parts of the game (the first 5 mins there is a scene where there is a street light lighting damp pavement and the light reflecting off the wet ground flickered something awful and another one was the outdoor party scene before you have to get the key-card in the 1st part of Leon's story-line). I tried various things to get the flickering to stop and the only thing that worked was running in single GPU mode. The problem was to run @ 30fps smoothly @ 3072x1728 I needed SLI. I know Dead Space 2 and 3 use "deferred rendering" lighting technique so I used the SLI profile from Dead Space 3 and it fixed the issue. If anyone else has this issue you can try this for a fix. And to anyone who liked RE4 or RE5 give this game a chance... it's good.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    just finished the 2nd campaign, 17hrs!!
    will start the 3rd one tomorrow :D

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And how do you know what my favorite games are?

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    @-Tj-

I see you have added MSAA to the config. Does that work for you ? (did you set a certain flag ?)
    Ive tried all values that was in the exe, but made no difference. (also tried C1 flag)

12. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    About 100 times better. I was dropping to 20fps in the bench (the bit in china with the massive zombie count where the gas bomb goes off) and averaging around 50fps through the whole bench. The actual game runs completely different, i rarely drop below 120fps and when it drops it's only to around 95.

Never had frame drops in the no mercy mercs mode either which has insane amounts of enemies on screen at once.

13. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Hi guys

Some of you have the out of memory error with nvidia cards?

Thanks

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    I didnt experience any yet.

I've seen your comments before by various games, anyway idc bash it all you want. :p

I think not, but i've put it there for the sake of it :D

Im using very high SMAA values though so it eliminats almost all of it.

15. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    haters gonna hate no matter what and these days people are extremely picky and complain about everything, I have Resident Evil 6 on ps3 and it's actually not bad and I still play it but the latest patch kinda messed up a few things on the console version

16. Witcher

Witcher Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    First aliens colonial marines and now this game. Why the hell developers are still using dx9. Graphics of this game sucks. Very bad textures and AA.

17. Billerdo

Billerdo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    Alan wake uses dx9 too, the same Serious sam 3, dx9 doesn't means bad graphics, bad programing means bad graphic/bug/etc.

18. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Okay so -Tj-

I saw your config, and made some changes to mine. I've got to sleep now so will check out changes later. Where did you come across those extra tweaks?

The game with SLI flickering is too painful to play right now. Someone a few posts above mentioned using DS3 SLI flag, will try that and report back my success.

19. kaneos

kaneos Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 TI
    I tried the DS3 sli profile and it works fine but still a pretty bad gpu usage

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm just trying to get an idea of why you got defensive when I stated I think RE6 sucks.
    If you're enjoying the game, fine... great even. Doesn't bother me in the least that you like the game.

I was simply stating that to me, the series has been on a very steep and quick slide down since Resident Evil 4.
    RE5 looked great, but was a crap Resident Evil game. And in a lot of ways, it wasn't even a good action game. I really didn't like RE5.

But, RE6 is, IMO, terrible. I really have a hard time finding anything positive to say about it. And it makes me incredibly sad to do so as the Resident Evil series has always been one of my favorites.
    And Leon has always been my favorite character in the series. But... from start to finish I didn't enjoy the game. From story, to presentation to gameplay... everything about it just felt rushed, half assed and dull.