AMD Catalyst 12.10 WHQL_Modded for LEGACY GPUs - SUPER STABLE SUPER PERFORMANCE

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ankinferno, Oct 31, 2012.

1. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Hi, ottomanhero

Its really good that this Driver provided you with some boost, well bro I've disposed my HD 4650 :( :D so I'm not able to test or combine any new Modded Driver..

well I will try to test new driver on my friend's 4870 if possible..

By the way. If you want you can also try my new Modification which should provide you with a much higher boost.. here is the link :

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=373669

Oh and ya you can also try other modded drivers in this forum, In my case I specially like 11.12 Hybrid by kevsamiga1974

link : http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=370745

Happy Gaming friend . . ;)

2. mkflawless

mkflawless Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire ATI 4870
    Hi,

I'm using Kev's Hybrid 11.12v7, and i was wondering if i could use your performance patch for 4000 series (i have a crossfire of 4870).

Would this provide me any performance boost?

Thanks for your hard work.

3. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    mmm,, well You can give it a try because its easy to use those files not like Install and Un-install, btw

I had used the 11.12 R driver but did not use the R7 version,, they are nice, so if use the patch then please provide a Feed Back if possible.. ThnX

4. ottomanhero

ottomanhero Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4810 HD 512 mb
    Note : I already saw your reply but thats not the answer im looking for

Hi, im having the same problem with this user, i had the process to recalibrate my win 7 experience index in background, so i decided to take the test manually after terminating the exe.I know the win 7 experience index is not important, but i wonder if that error would have any effects on my video playback or something else? I sometimes connect my PC to my TV via VGA cable, to watch some movies with my brother.I wonder if this error would make movies less smooth? :3eyes:

5. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M

:) :) , No.. Every 2D and 3D will work perfectly even If you don't perform the WEI , no matter what ever driver you use (12.6 WHQL or any modded) WEI does not affect's performance :)

6. NihilCredo

NihilCredo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 @955/1250
    Sorry for the dumb question, but since the OP doesn't explicitly state it: do these drivers support ONLY 4000 and under GPUs, or also 5000 series ones?

7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Try running a reg ceaner before installing new drivers

8. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Well The INF does not Includes 5xxx series detection string, so Plain Answer The driver will be only detected by HD 4xxx and lower.

EDIT : If you edit the INF then HD 5xxx series can also be detected BUT, As because of not testing, I cannot say what performance changes will it bring for the HD 5xxx ..

You can give it a try if you want. :)

9. kc220

kc220 Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    Hi! I have installed this driver recently. This works perfectly in the test mode but after I disable the test mode, it seems like the driver was not installed. How can I solve this problem? :(

10. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    By keep using Test Mode.
    There's no other way if you're using 64-bit Windows.

11. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Open Command Prompt with Administrative rights then execute these two commands:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Restart the system, It will work,

If It still does not, then download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider

Link :
    http://files.*****.com/ngo/dseo/dseo13b.exe

Then sign the atikndag.sys and atikmpag.sys
    (located in <Systemroot>\Windows\System32\Drivers)

That will Definitely work,

EDIT:
    well I have got my hands on a HD4xxx card,, let's see If I can manage to Mod a more recent driver...
    Till now Test results are going better than this 12.10 WHQL.. just stuck more with the Driver and Inf Signature.. will sort it out ASAP...

12. vodanh

vodanh Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 4890 1GB
    I am running windows 8 64 bit with a 4890. My dxdiag shows dx11 but I can't find dxcpl.exe .... do I need to install anything like SDK etc? or should I already have the warp dll ( don't see it either ).

13. MichaelT

MichaelT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970m 3GB
    You need the directx sdk, which is now part of the windows software development kit I think, but the warp is just a software rasterizer, so I would not bother with it. Hope this helps,
    Michael T

14. vodanh

vodanh Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 4890 1GB
    The chart does look rather abysmal using software. Thought that we could get some things working with dx11 enabled but doesn't sound like it.

Thanks again for the modded driver ankinferno. Seems to be working so far. I can't wait to play some games with it when I have some time again ( mostly Starcraft II and Diablo III ).

15. Jeffredo

Jeffredo Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 460 1GB @ 875 Mhz
    Are these modded drivers for the HD series legacy cards only (2000, 3000, 4000)? No X series support in other words?

16. vodanh

vodanh Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 4890 1GB
    I've ran into my first issue since using this for Windows 8. I am unable to run Movie Maker from the MSE. It says the computer does not meet the minim system requirements and asks to update the video card driver. I think this is probably related to the driver being unsigned. Any work arounds to run Movie Maker?

17. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Yes the Driver only supports Legacy GPUs.

Hmm its not because of the driver being Unsigned, Its because its not fully compatible with Win 8..

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  18. vodanh

vodanh Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 4890 1GB
    I set Movie Maker to run in win7 compatability mode and its loading now.

19. Jeffredo

Jeffredo Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 460 1GB @ 875 Mhz
    Well, the X Series (X700, X800, X850, X1800, X1900) were the first "legacy". That's why I was asking. So they are just for the HD series (2000, 3000, 4000), right? Not the older generation of legacy cards (the X series)? I own an X850 XT - I want to make sure I can not use these on for it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  20. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    No, they are for 2-4K.

You either want the special version of 10.2, or 9.3 and below for X1950 etc...