Sim City 6 (2013)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Virtue, Oct 5, 2012.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Yeah, Eurogamer Sweden gave the game 10/10. lol

The game must travel better.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  2. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    http://www.ea.com/news/simcity-update-straight-answers-from-lucy

Lucy Bradshaw, the REAL reason behind SimCity's failure, she stuck the DRM idea on the throats of Ocean Quingley and the rest of the staff, not to mention the throats of the THOUSANDS of customers who vented their lungs out on forums that they do not want DRM, but she still continues, just like i continue to vent for a week here the opposite, that somehow, DRM and always online and server sided saves is a good idea!
    fine with me, il just wait for a crack, disregard my promise, this game will never be the way it was supposed to be!

[​IMG]

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Thousands isn't that many though.

Tens of thousands of people complained about Diablo 3 and the DRM, while millions couldn't care less.

If i thought of poorly of the game that you do, then i wouldn't be waiting for a crack, doing such a thing just sounds like an excuse to get it for free.

I either support a PC gaming or i don't, i don't want any part of stealing the future from it.

4. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Not where I live.
    Here we actually OWN the physical copies of the games, programs, movies and music that we purchase.
    And its ours to do with as we please, with the exception of making copies for distribution.

5. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Why would you even want to play cracked version of a game if it's so bad and broken? If I thought of a game as poorly as you think of SimCity, then I wouldn't even want to play a free version since it'll be a complete waste of my time.

@Redemption80 thank you for thinking and being responsible.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well as much as i have become disillusioned with PC gaming recently i still don't want it to fade away as a gaming platform, and even just talk of piracy on large forums like this brings the platform into disrepute.

It could be talk about an offline crack to use with the paid for game as i had to do that when Steam gave me the finger, but i don't believe for a second anyone who hates the game and what it stands for would pay for it.

Alexraptor, when it comes to PC games it really isn't though, your law might say it is, but you only own the disc.
    The contents will always be the property of the publisher, and you really can't do anything with it, other than scamming a buyer of course.

7. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    I own everything, the data on it as well.
    What I do not own is the copyright.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No difference though, you can't do a thing with it legally so why argue about it.

Console games yes, PC games no.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no you don't own the data. you are buying the license to play the game. If you read the EULA you'll see that playing the game is pretty much the only thing you can do with it. apart from throwing it in the bin, pretty much. here's an example of the The Witcher 2 EULA http://store.steampowered.com/eula/eula_20920

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    SimCity is the top selling game on GMG, even at £44.99, wow. success? did the online DRM work? think so. and people say this online DRM doesn't work...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013

11. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    EULA's are not above the law, not here, maybe in your backwards country they are.
    And I am talking about physical copies, independant of STEAM or spyware like Origin.

Only applies to modern PC games with DRM.
    Older games only require a CD key solely for installation and can easily be sold or traded like any console game.
    And even with modern PC games not all have DRM or copy protection.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Same goes for physical copies. it's not digital distribution exclusive. EULAs also apply to all the countries, no need to get personal and bash countries only because you are wrong :)

No, it's not only modern games with DRM. It goes back a good few years and it has nothing to do with whether a game has DRM or not.

Older games, yes, they required a CD key. Even older games didn't even require that. what is your point? Can you pls list a few games that don't have copy protection nowadays? and even if you do find a few, what does that have anything to do with the fact that you're still only buying a license to play these games? I showed you white on black already yet you still refuse to accept that you're wrong.

13. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    No you are the one who is wrong.
    EULA's do not override fundamental laws of nations, at least not in this country.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    really? can you prove that? if you do, I'll leave it alone. if you don't I'll just suppose you're pulling it out of your arse. Oh btw, what exactly are you saying? that you own the game code that comes on the disk? because I can tell you now that no matter where you live, that's not the case. you don't own that data. it's ip of the developer/publisher. you can't legally sell it etc.

15. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Thats where "copyright" laws come into play.
    I am however fully allowed to sell, trade or loan out the entire program.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ok, so you can't prove that your country's law overwrites EULAs yet you're still back talking crap. Legally, as soon as you accept the EULA, you're only allowed to do what is allowed in the EULA. It doesn't matter if you live in a beach hut somewhere in the Caribbean or in north pole, EULA applies to you as soon as you accept it. now stop making yourself look even more stupid and accept you're wrong lol.

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Even in USA EULA is not the end all document. EULA is just a form of contract, and there are many laws that overrides contracts. They are written in broadest possible sense because they are ass-covering documents.

Besides, this discussion about ownership of games is highly misleading. When you buy a book, we all know you can't just copy the book word for word to sell, just like with a game. Yet we never say you don't own books. You own the right to use the single copy of the product, which is pretty much what ownership is everywhere else... so why can't we just call that ownership in games?

Edit: Minor grammar fix.

18. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Exactly right on every point.
    And here in sweden a contract is invalid if it infringes on a consumers legal rights, which pretty much 90% of EULA's do.
    And as such they are never enforced by the authorities.

As an example, Hackintoshes are illegal in the US per Apple's EULA's which stipulate that their OS may not be installed on a non-Apple machine.
    Yet, here in Sweden its perfectly legal if you own a legitimate copy of the OS, and you have the freedom to tweak or modify the OS or any program for that matter as much as you want for personal use.

Why? Because again, one-sided License Agreements are never above the law here.

But that is a discussion for another time and place as we are now way off topic.

19. djcasey

djcasey Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb SLI
    any progress in SimCity SLI profile ?

20. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Alright, so I just had a nuclear meltdown in my city. What to do now?