Nvidia GeForce 314.21 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Domhq, Mar 15, 2013.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We have an optimization that we are considering but we need to discuss this with developers as we dont know how this will affect the game as it moves to BETA and then final release.

2. Benny_26

Benny_26 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix + SA850
    Did you also updated the game to the latest version?

The drive and the game update are sort of combo

Tomb Raider Patch 1.0.722.3
    -Addressed an issue in ”Shipwreck Beach” where the mast on the wooden ship was occasionally missing depending on the player’s path.
    -Fixed a gating issue in “Research Bunker” where the elevator would get stuck in an unintended state.
    -Fixes for multiplayer connectivity
    o An issue related to security certificates that stopped many users from connection to Square Enix servers was resolved.
    o Improved messages when you are unable to connect with Square Enix servers.
    - Improvements to voice-chat for multiplayer
    o New Push-To-Talk feature, by default mapped to F1.
    o New voice-chat volume option.
    o Improved overall quality of voice-chat.
    -Fixes for crashes on startup in specific situations when no audio output is available.
    -Fixes for various reported crashes during both single-player and multi-player.
    -Movies are showing up again when using SSAA.
    -Cost of TressFX reduced, especially in combination with SSAA.
    -TressFX memory usage reduced for AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround setups.
    -TressFX simulation and graphical quality improvements.
    -New Ultra-quality shadow mode for contact hardening shadows. This is not enabled by default in any quality profile, but can be enabled from the advanced settings.
    -Improvements to fullscreen/windowed switching and multiple display handling.
    -Various UI improvements.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    back to 314.07, lost fps in valley, maybe some others did not test everything

4. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    Thank you for the answer ManuelG
    Here are my settings : everything on max with vsync and triple buffer except AA and Depth of Field
    http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/261515TRSettings.jpg
    If I use 2880x1800 or lower the hair looks normal but in 4k it's flashing

Edit : I did a comparaison between 2880x1800 (left) and 3840x2400 (right), the exact settings linked above, only the resolution change, that's what I've got
    http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/491297HairComparaison.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013

5. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Did these disable SLI for anybody else?

Edit: This was possibly the dumbest post ever - i forgot to enable SLI after driver install -.-

6. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    [​IMG]

That happens to me too. It happened before the patch as well when I used TressFX with 4xSSAA or if I had everything on low but with TressFX enable, I was using the 311.35 Quadro drivers then.

It only happens now when I have my res at 3840x2160, it works fine at 2560x1440.

7. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Oh god, does this mean I have to switch between BF3 and TR with these drivers? Tj can you confirm the problem is still there?

8. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I'm liking these for Tomb Raider. Went from about 62 AVG. FPS (314.14) to about 79 AVG. FPS (314.21). I don't use Tressfx or tessellation anyway, way too much of a frame rate hit for very little improvement in looks, but with it on (tressfx) I went from something like 13 FPS to about 27 FPS now.

I have not had a single crash yet with this game on my GTX 460. No weird glitches or anything. Tressfx even looks ok, but her hair clips into her too much and it looks silly to me. Excellent game so far. Looks great, runs great, fun too.

Can't say about other games, don't have any others installed right now.

9. Napster

Napster Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia GTX980Ti SLI
    Getting massive stuttering in BF3. Wonder if this is BF or the Nvidia Drivers.

[​IMG]

10. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Thanks for the confirmation, it is the drivers. The last TR Beta driver did the same thing to BF3, and switching back to 313.07/09 fixed everything.

11. XrayGuy

XrayGuy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX Titan
    These drivers are a big improvement in terms of fps and stability for Tomb Raider on my rig. I'm now able to play with TressFX on, with near everything maxed out (Shadows on normal, and DoF off because I hate it) at a consistent 58 to 60 fps. Here's a pic of my benchmark results:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/596998335445007799/38CD577DDB4F3D1F088A721CA0E4742154FA52AA/

I played the game for around 2 hours straight after running this benchmark and no crashes or major issues occurred. The only thing I could find wrong during gameplay were some paper objects flashing in and out of the floors a few random times, and the TressFX hair can still make the frame rate dip a little during closeup cut scenes. Other than these issues, the drivers are great, and definitely improved my experience playing the game.

12. djcasey

djcasey Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb SLI
    any progress in SimCity SLI profile ?

13. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Kepler boost doesn't work for me at all with 314.21 and 314.14, which results in huge loss of performance in every game. Kepler boost works fine with 314.07 and earlier. Am I the only one with this problem?

14. snaipo

snaipo Guest

GPU:
  15. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I do not have this issue with my 2 gtx80's.
    Game is now perfect and get more fps dan 2 hd7970 with the same
    settings TRESS FX exclusive screen tesselation on, 2xSSAA ultimate

Try a clean install, its not a driver problem.

16. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    my core clocks on both cards are stuck at 702mhz any suggestions

17. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    These drivers won't accept my Afterburner OC and run at 1006Mhz throughout the Tomb Raider Benchmark. GPU usage is 99%.

EDIT: Reinstall with clean install option fixed it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its so so, 314.09 is still smoother for me.

Although i re-enabled set platformclock and removed dynamictic command and it seemed to help a bit.. I had both disabled with 314.09 and yet it was still smooth.

19. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    BF3 runs better with 314.09 for me too. if you use renderdevice.forcerenderaheadlimit 1 its not too bad. Using 0, 2, or 3 make it really choppy though.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    weird i found 2 the smoothest with any driver, also 2 frames to render ahead in bf3 driver profile.