AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA 7 (12.100.17.0 February 26)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. MaxiM

MaxiM Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7870
    Any word if there's any performance gain in ArmA III with those drivers over 13.1?

2. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    Haven't noticed a gain when I switched to beta 7 yesterday. Seems about the same but I am on the 6 series so.

3. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    Doubt it, The driver released before Arma III released...

Wait for 13.2 Beta 8 or above to see if anything is added.

4. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    So far I'm happy with these drivers. But at this stage (I just got a new machine) I'm probably happy with any driver. :p

They appear stable to me.

5. Ppzek

Ppzek Member

GPU:
    MSI 6870
    ATI AMD, FIX the dam flickering on win8 +Photoshop Cs6, no basic mode whatever magic trick will fix it, fix it. Seriously ill never buy ati again....

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

And your sure it's nothing on your particular setup? Do you have the issue with other drivers? Have you tried other drivers? Using OpenCL? Try without OpenCL? And the last major question, have you reported the issue directly to AMD via their bug report form?

If you haven't done all of that, your anger is void :p

7. sherrypizza

sherrypizza Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990M 2GB
    +1 for that. Plus a bit poor gaming performance under Win 8, so I shifted back to Win 7 last week, noticed a huge performance gain.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You guys can't be serious - Arma III hasn't even been released yet. It's still in alpha stage for goodness sake.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  9. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    I believe in this:

When many games are released for testing, they are called "betas", even if they are alphas, because beta sounds cooler. Now everything is "beta": internet search engines, cellphone apps, etc.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ArmA III is still in Alpha stage, the Beta isn't out yet.

11. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    I'm okay with Arma 3.

12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Bloody hell, its been almost an entire month AMD

So what, is a final coming out or we waiting for yet another beta?

Its half way through 13.3, the driver which was supposed to have the memory latency fixes, so when's that going to be done, this month or pushed back 1-2 months from now?

I wish the driver team wasn't so damn spastic, they go from "No drivers" to "You'll be installing a new revision every 2-3 days" mode off and on like crazy.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I don't remember 13.3 being said to have the memory rewrite, from what I do remember it would be a later driver than 13.2 but it wasn't specified further. :)

I don't expect more from 13.2 either as we're in March so 13.3 b1 or a WHQL directly maybe, guess we'll see next week as that seems to be when they usually post drivers.
    (There's a 13.3 build for that one specific GPU modified to work on other AMD hardware though but that's a bit special.)

14. Tobi

Tobi Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7970M 2GB GDDR5
    Hey guys, I’m new here, and just recently purchased an Alienware M17x with a 7970M video card [thus, I’m only now starting to get used to all the terminologies]. Anywyas, I’m currently running Dell’s recent and updated drivers. However, I wanted to know, how can I install these new beta drivers? Can I simply install the new drivers over those of Dell’s or would I have to uninstall as many have suggested in the thread?

ps. wasn't sure if I should make a thread out of this, so figured I can get a quick answer from this thread...

15. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Use atiman uninstaller. It will clean your windows and make sure a new install works flawless.
    I find this driver pretty solid on my machine. Benchmarks score about the same as always, and games like tombraider and crysis3 do much better.
    Don't know yet about 7xxx series of cards (getting one in a month or so) but they seem pretty good so far.

16. Valagard

Valagard Guest

This just hard crashed my computer in Planetside 2

back to 13.3 b2's, I may not be able to use openGL, but it doesn't kill my comp