GTX 670 Stuttering

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Aveon, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Hi

I have been using a ASUS DC 2 GTX 670 for over 6-7 months now.

Very recently I have been experiencing Stuttering in most of the games . The stuttering is very rare however it occurs for 20-30 seconds before the games restores itself to the normal frame-rate. This happens very intermittently . some of the games that I played and had this issues included, Red Alert 3 , DmC , Ghost recon Online etc.....

I haven't overclocked the card at all. The card runs at factory settings and I have tried updating the drivers as well. Not sure of what is the exact issue.

2. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Have you tried resetting the NVIDIA Control Panel's settings to default? Maybe you changed something there? Or perhaps it's related to V-Sync? Try turning V-Sync on and off in the control panel.

Additionally, are you using a third-party program for in-game settings like NVIDIA Inspector? If so then maybe some settings for specific games are conflicting between it and the Control Panel's own settings (but usually Inspector just overrides CP settings from what I know, so it shouldn't be a problem).

Also has there been any changes at all in your system recently? Either software or hardware-wise? Changed the OS? Upgraded the OS? Changed the Motherboard's BIOS?, new Windows startup programs? New programs at all that runs in the background maybe? Anything at all?

And, perhaps last thing to ask, are all of your games showing that issue? Or just "some of them" while others don't have the problem?

There's so many questions when it comes to finding a culprit on a computer, ugh...

3. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    I have done clean installs of the drivers so I suppose that should have reset the NVCP settings.

Vsync stays on in most of the games.All the games I mentioned above have vsync on .

I haven't played other games so not sure if it's a common issue. No change in hardware or the OS .

4. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Sounds like V-Sync dropping you to 30 FPS at some parts of the games to me.

5. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    I have tried both Vsync on and off still it does not work.

lately I have been seeing this issues in more games like Rage as well

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013