Nvidia GeForce 314.14 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by T_R_V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. LazyBum

LazyBum Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090
    Same here. Very juddery. Back to 314.09 which are best drivers for BF3 so far for my system.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Yep same for me.

I was playing Armored Kill DLC and its very jittery/stuttery, lots of streaming fps drops.

314.09 was very smooth compared to these, almost not a single hickup.

3. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    @Tj,

no more BSOD or crashes in BO2 (with code 0x3B) since I replaced my OC Q9650@4GHz(8,5x471) by Q9650@4GHz(9x445), which means a RAM freq decrease from 1571MHz to 1484MHz.
    I also increased Vcore from 1,275V to 1,28125V (So a little bit..., not significantly).
    GTX580@900MHz
    I applied the advises for this error code and it seems to work !
    But it is only 2 days tests (3 hours gaming). I will say "YEEEAAHH!" definitely with some more days of testing.
    I cross the fingers.

If the issue is solved, i will now increase the core frequency of my GTX580 to test at 920MHz.

4. westk

westk Guest

GPU:
    BF3 green earth keep.. same as the last WHQL

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Cool :)

Yes me too now that I lowered timings and voltage (I guess i've always set them to loose)

Btw, try your old cpu OC but keep your current cpu voltage, maybe you just need more cpu voltage and ram OC is fine.

And speaking of BF3

I was playing at my regular gpu OC I even lowered my ram OC or raised it a bit with higher vram voltage and it didint make any difference, it streaming stuttered in all cases.

6. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    Thanks for sharing this unusefull information. I thought this forum was for people having problmens with this driver with a stable system. I don't give a thing about your unstable system and the problems you get cause of that. Get your OC in order.:puke2:

7. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    My system was fully stable (24hours P95 small FFT and Blend with no errors + 12 hours OCCT Large Data Set with no errors).

When I got my first BSOD and crashes in BLack Ops2, due to the fact that my system was fully P95 and OCCT stable, I thought it was a driver problem, this is why it was shared here.

In fact, it seems that even with stress tests ok, my OC was unstable in Black Ops2, and only Black Ops2. All other application and games are stable.

So your comment is maybe more unuseful that mine in this case...

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Sorry but your post has even less useful information :p

Just so you know, since our findings bother you so much, my cpu is IBT, Linx, Prime stable and yet it failed by some cpu/system ram demanding games after certain time.

Also certain drivers can have an affect on OC because they use system ram<pcie>cpu for communication. Check PhazeDelta1 comment and what he said about 314.14 vs 314.07 drivers. This 314.14 driver is not the only one that can have such side effect and its a BETA.
    btw Nvidia likes to tweak a lot and sometimes 100% stable system OC can become unstable quick - uses more system resources instead of gpu (all 290.xx drivers) and needs some fine tuning, mostly by ram or slight voltage bump.
    I've seen it before in the past and im not the only one. For example one Quadro driver (i think some 295.xx driver) BSOD and i never had bsod with driver before, reverted to older Quadro or std. geforce and its like it never happened.

Bye.

Some more info about BF3

KZ modded has this jerkiness/stutter too, so it must be something with this 314.14beta.

Its like so:
    70fps cap >> 62fps >> 70fps, all in 0.5-1sec. Sometimes it went down to 52fps or so, but it felt very jerky, 314.09 didnt have such drops or such big transitions - if they were they were smooth.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    311.35Quadro is so much better compared to this, BF3 is very smooth.

Tombraider is ok too, but there are some strange spots on certain characters - similar to DeusEX HR with tessellation, 314.14 has the same problem.

10. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    See you at the next driver release. When you will probably have another weird bsod. Yes oc's can't always be tested 100% for stability. But if you get this kind of bsod's and its the CPU and not the GPU that's unstable post it at an OC forum.

11. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Hey man,

what's your purpose ?
    Here, we help each other.
    If you have only unuseful comments to make, go to another forum.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't think I've ever said that a driver is bad until this one but as well as not being particularly stable for Tomb Raider, these drivers break Dead Island for me with extremely low GPU usage across both cards (10-15% and so low that the temperature never goes above 48 C!) and terrible framerates of sub-45 fps even with v-sync and forced AA off. Not only that but movement with the Xbox 360 controller is horribly laggy and juddery.

I've just reinstalled the v314.07 and not only is Tomb Raider smoother than with these betas (sadly it still crashes) but Dead Island now runs flawlessly at 60 fps with 8xCSAA forced (using the 0x10C1 flag). I did a custom clean install for both as well.

These drivers are certainly not great for my PC and the first drivers which I've used which have serious performance issues with several games.

13. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    314.14 seems all over the board for me, some games run fine, or even better than 314.07 (far cry 3, AC3) others run ok, (WitN has a bit of a stutter but nothing major, have not tried with 314.07 yet though) and others hate it (Dead Island is giving me the worst stutter yet, very picky that game, worked fine with 314.07)

However the OS seems silky smooth compared to 314.07, could just be me though, idk, may switch back just to see what changes...........

14. n4f13666

n4f13666 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 5700 XT
    We need new driver that support TOMB RAIDER.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What it really needs is more patches.

16. ggp759

ggp759 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680
    With these drivers i cant seem to be able to monitor the gpu in game. using msi afterburner or evga precision nothing shows ingame like framerate,gpu usage etc. what am i doing wrong? thanks

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its probably monitoring conflict.

I had something similar, but only with no gpu usage. It started when i installed evga precision and after i removed it stopped reporting gpu usage. I had to remove both, reboot and reinstall msi afterburner to get it working again.

18. ggp759

ggp759 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680
    Thanks but still no luck. Did what you described. Does it have anything to do with steam? the games am playing are from there.

Edit: actually i tried assasin's creed 3 that is not a steam game and it works there? Really cant understand this.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I see, maybe try and enable this by those games

[​IMG]

20. ggp759

ggp759 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680
    Thanks. Found the culprit. It was sweetfx i had enabled for those games. Dont know why that causes a problem though. Also another noobish question. When you alter some settings with nvidia inspector for a game does the inspector have to be on every time i play the game for the settings to work? Thanks