Geforce GTX TITAN Owner Club

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Agent-A01, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    If raising voltage didnt increase the boost clocks, wed have no prob. maybe bios flash will fix that

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Welcome:)

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

Well the thing is when it down clocks voltage goes down with it
    In my last ss the first two tests show it clocking down every time volts get lower form 1.19v to 1.16v in the last two tests voltage is more constant 1.20-1.225v.
    So if we can just force the card to use max voltage it wont down clock since you can see i lowered what the card can see as wattage.
    Not that it would help
    but its easy to do just take a wire and connect the ends of the 3 R5M0 like this.
    Dont go over the top with solder just connect the ends with wire :)

[​IMG]
    like i said it did not really help much at this point yet.

This card could never run 3d11 at 1200 before mod now it can but it still throttles alittle in gt1 gt2.
    From the slower card to the faster card just like that :nerd:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  4. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    If you play games with Physx then slam that 480 into a spare pcie slot, if you don't then don't bother with it.

5. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I'm interested in finding out which of the two drivers available for the Titan,is the best. What drivers are you guys using? I've finally recieved mine,and I'll be installing them later this evening. I know I can try both,or an earlier driver,but I still want to know what you think. Thanks all.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    yeah im gonna wait until i get my waterblock before i go for higher.. i could cause the card to downclock and voltage stayed the same throughout the downclocking so not much we can do for now. looking to be at 1200-1250 on water without downclocking.. i can hope though. time will tell

only used the latest beta.. how about you be the Guinea pig :p

7. pmt411

pmt411 Active Member

GPU:
    Twin SC Evga Titans
    Titan SC Sli not performing properly

Just got a blow to the gut when I hooked up my Titans and they are running SLOWWW! My friend said that he thought it might be the Rampage III that only has PCIE 20 slots, and this may be. However, when I ran the Valley Benchmark I noticed the cards are hittting 80 C and appear to be throttling down to about on third their frame rate until the temp drops on the card. Hence I am getting 3245( Titans) instead of the 2225(480 gtxs) for a score in Valley Bench but still the Titans are way under performing. Any ideas on what the problem is??? Irked!!

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    can you raise the temp to 90c it should be 80c by default and run your fans a little higher rpms

9. pmt411

pmt411 Active Member

GPU:
    Twin SC Evga Titans
    I can try but where do I go to access the fan control and temps control??

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    evga precision x 4.0 or the latest msi afterburner

11. pmt411

pmt411 Active Member

GPU:
    Twin SC Evga Titans
    Ok, I will see if I can locate and download.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
  13. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    pmt411 <<

Check the slot-speeds on your motherboard, and make sure that both the ones you used are full speed.

If you have two x16 slots that are spaced well apart, prefer those over two x16 slots that are spaced near each other.

Ideally you want to avoid placing two cards back-to-back, where the air intake to one is occluded.

Note that sometimes mixing speeds can have a detrimental effect stutter wise.
    (eg. two x8 can sometimes give more consistent SLI performance than one x16 and one x8).

-scheherazade

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    his friend put them in for him. maybe you can d/l gpuz click on the ? to start the render test and note your pcie 2.0 speed. ie 16x 16x or 8x etc

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    ^ damn hes getting 24% power target at 95% gpu load..

yeah your score is screwed up.. use msi afterburner take a pic of the graphs to see what its doing under load.. btw that score is what i get with 1 titan.. maybe your cards are doing like 60% usage or 1 card is only working

17. pmt411

pmt411 Active Member

GPU:
    Twin SC Evga Titans
    Well, I dont know if the motherboard is a factor or not but I have clearly established that the cards are throttling down due to hitting 80C. When I manually turn up the fans to 80 percent, the 80C isnt reached and the cards are noticeably faster. I ran 3dmark11 in basic mode and got a score of barely 17000 with fans on auto and nearly 19000 with fans on manual set at 80%(pretty loud by the way). Are there some other benchies that will tell me how my cards are doing as opposed to how they should be doing?? I tried raising the allowed temp to 85C but everytime I hit apply it resets to 80C.

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
  19. pmt411

pmt411 Active Member

GPU:
    Twin SC Evga Titans
    I hit the ? button on CPUZ and it says at first that both cards are in 2.0 by 16 but when I actually run the test, one card says 2.0 the other 1.1. Do I have one of the cards in the wrong slot??

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    If you're talking about GPU-Z, that is normal. When the GPU is not under load, the PCIe slot will shift down to a lower speed. Also the rendering app for GPU-Z doens't have an SLI profile so it only uses one GPU. Shortly after starting it, you'll see your second GPU down clock and your PCIe bus speed drop.