what GRaphics Card should i buy?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Nickkal, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Nickkal

Nickkal Guest

GPU:
    gt 610
    Hi all.
    my specs:

Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
    CPU Core 2 Duo 2.93 E7500
    RAM 2gb
    psu 550 watt

ok so i want to play the latest Tomb Raider 2013 game and i am asking what Graphics card with a low buget would do the job ??
    even if i have to play it on lowest settings and lowest resolution.

thx :)

2. dmitrice

dmitrice Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 8GB
    Budget?

3. Yeah my friend, that's a pretty good place to start ;). If budgets no issue, 4- way SLI GTX TITANS!! nah jk man, there a waste of money, well pretty much anything you buy will be a waste of money, its called planned obsolescence, and every human on the planet encounters it hundreds of times throughout our materialistic lives. But too answer your question, perhaps see how your 610 goes, maybe up the ante to 660 or 670...perhaps even 680 if that's within range. Sorry for the rant to buddy, not personal at you, just trying to stick it to the MAN!

**edit** Oh and btw man, when you play, you want abit of eye candy, if your not looking for that than you may as well draw Tomb Raider 2013 in a flip book and leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
  4. Nickkal

Nickkal Guest

GPU:
    gt 610
    thx guys :) hmm my buget would be up to 100 euros , but i was just wondering if the game would play on some weaker cards like the gt 620 or gt630 .

thx again :)

5. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    my advice would be save a little more to at least get a GTX650 or amd equivalent

6. Nickkal, you could probably run Tomb Raider with 2 tin cans and abit of string, it might not look good or even work at all... you get my drift buddy? Type of card = type of graphics quality and performance. Hence better the card better it will look and perform. But in terms of whether it will run on gt630, i don't see why not mate. The best bet is to look at the game and see minimum specs. Have abit of a breeze through this mate > http://www.gameinfocenter.com/pc-games/system-requirements/Tomb-Raider.html < Read afew comments down the bottom too.

7. Nickkal

Nickkal Guest

GPU:
    gt 610
    i understand you pal and if i need a better card i will get one,

its just that im not much of a gamer anyway so i just thought i could get away with a cheap card haha :)
    but check this out a gt610 playing the tomb raider 2013 :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP5WkUeHOpo
    also what card would i have to buy to get these days that will be the equivalent of the older nVidia 8600 ??

8. dmitrice

dmitrice Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 8GB
    Get an HD7750!

9. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Dunno, 650Ti at least or some 7850, 7770.