Crysis 3 Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by CoMa666, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    You are saying that when you OC from 4.5Ghz to 4.6Ghz your game runs smooth, and on 4.5 it doesnt?

This forum is getting crazier by the day.

2. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    Exactly. And yes, i tested it on more then on one PC with 2500K.

3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't think it's the cpu, but can you give it a bit of an OC and see how it does then?

And please try out Single Player and see how that works. If it's still the same thing then there's definitely something wrong, if not.. well then your CPU needs a bit of a push.

Question: if you set your settings to high/very high in Multiplayer, by how much does the fps change, if at all? Because that would explain if your CPU is holding you back or not.

4. angmar

angmar Guest

your def having some sort of problem....though I am not sure what you need to turn on MSI on screen display and find out what clocks the card is running at and what gpu usage while your in the game cause you should be able to play on high settings albeit with without MSAA

5. angmar

angmar Guest

Better figure out whats wrong with your PC because I am only getting 33 percent cpu usage playing crysis 3.

edit: and 26 percent when I turn on V-sync

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
  6. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    Are you sure that you remember what CPU you have? No troll anymore plz.

7. angmar

angmar Guest

I'm not exactly sure what your trying to say here....

edit:if your referring to hyper threading I turned it off and it still doesn't hog up 99 percent cpu usage and the worst I saw it jump to was 84 percent in an open enviroment which is quite a bit different then the pegged at 99 percent cpu usage your saying your having. I wasn't trolling you I was stating that you may want to look into it maybe being something else possibly. I know my brother ended up getting some dumb virus on his pc that ran in the background and had his CPU pegged at 99 percent and he was complaining that his pc was going slow.

on a side note http://www.techspot.com/review/642-crysis-3-performance/page6.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
  8. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    Lets topic starter just try OC his CPU and everything will be clear. I know what i`m saying and its not virus or something. Its just strange engine of crysis 3.
    2500K @4500 CPU load in saved single player checkpoint = 80%
    2500K @4600 CPU load = 40%
    That`s the way it is. Just let topic starter try to OC...

9. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    try D3DOverrider and turn on vsync with triple buffering - make sure u add Crysis exe into it

10. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    i will try these things

11. haar

haar Guest

GPU:
    zotac 680 AMP!(1241,7000)
    when i tried the crysis beta online i was amazed at how well it ran, that was the reason i bought the game. and when run crysis 3, opening scene "here's my backup..." i get (1080p, veryhigh, fxaa) about 30fps to 60 fps when looking around...

i doubt it is yout processor because i have a 8350 oc'd to 4.5, hb 2400, ht 2400, ram 1866 ddr3 9 10 9 28 2t... (and seeing all the "1337" reviews of the intel processors makes me wonder if my 8350 is a "boat Anchor" compared to a 3570k)

reinstall the nvidia drivers, but this time, goto the custom tab, and select "clean driver" install... (i do all the time and it does prevent problems)

if that does not clear up the problems... return your computer to stock, no overclock, auto bios settings, standard ram settings... everything normal.
    same with the videocard. the check it again. if same problems... backup your OS, (windows system image)... and then install a new copy of windows, add all the updates, latest drivers, install crysis 3, and check again... if the same problem is occuring... then maybe it is your internet connection...

12. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I don't know if I missed something but you do know that crisis 3 runs a lot better with HT on right?

13. GokunDesu

GokunDesu Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680
    I fixed my problem by disabling vsync.. Now i play with everything at very high except Shadows ( Low ) and Water ( Low ) and 32x CSAA. Driver 314.07. Runs smooth at 55-90fps

14. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    After yesterday`s patch Crysis 3 run much better, and now i can lower CPU OC from @4600 to @4500 without fps loss. Great job, Crytec :thumbup:

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This and 10x this.

The more threads (cores) the better.