Crysis 3 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    I thought Farcry 3 was fun, I didn't take it seriously and thought it was enjoyable.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Well.. i'm sort of enjoying Crysis 3.. but I can't see myself replaying it.

The original game I have completed about 4 times now, I really love the suit controls in that, now it's like... you don't really get to chose other than armor and invisible, I'm guessing it's due to console controller limitation?

I'm having mixed feelings now with Crysis 3.. I really like the water effect, especially the reflective light through the water.

I'm finding the cutscenes are pissing me off.... To the point of not caring and skipping them.

The ingame music is annoying, I've turned it off and the game feels a bit more immersive now.

Overall, it's an "okay'ish" game.. but not Crytek's best game as they claim it is.

3. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    DLD I can see why you wouldn't like Crysis 3, but man your comparisons are cringe worthy.

BO2 and Warfighter as examples of GOOD singleplayer shooter while Crysis 3 being a failure is... well, Fluxeor stated my reaction nicely. I mean, at one point you were complaining about the lack of hands-on nature of Crysis 3... then you bring up two of the most linear, handheld shooters in the market as the better game. What in the heck man lol

4. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    You would think that after winning two alien battles, people would show a bit of fu#$ing appreciation..... but noooooooooooooo!!!

Anyway, finished the game... for me Crysis 1 is still the best: better story, better gameplay etc. Then Crysis 2, then finally Crysis 3.

I finished the game in Veteran level which I thought would be enjoyable, but it was just a huge bag of frustration.

5. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    I think the coolest visual effect is the light reflecting off of the water...just incredible.

6. rdvenom

rdvenom Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 7870 1200/5400
    I installed the crysis 3 patch 1 and now when I start the game vsync isn't working. I have to go into the graphics options, disable and reenabled vsync before it kicks in. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So, finally installed. Using 314.09 titans. getting 50-99% gpu usage, @1080p, hitting Vram wall on second level where you first enter the dome. Fps going from 45 minimum to 50 avg, maxing at 60 (vsync). Also getting flickering of grass as I walk around.

Using this Sli flag (0x0C0320F5) as the default one only uses my second gpu :3eyes: and leaves the first gpu idle.

Have tried limiting fps at both 60 and 120 with and without Vsync along side D3Overider, but makes no difference. Aero and Visual themes set to turn off via exe.

All setting very High then threw MalDo's mod in there using Ultra preset (key 8) with SMAA x2, dropping aa to FXAA or none doesnt seem to make a difference to fps.
    Temps are hitting 60-70 (on friggin water).

As fa as gameplay goes, im not really paying attention to it atm until i get performance sorted.
    Any hint/tips for some fps gains (other than lowering gfx settings) would be awesome.

CPU is sitting at 3.6.

8. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    I set grass animations in the distance to 3.
    Fog shadows to off

Here are the tweaks I use.

r_SilhouettePOM = 1
    r_ssdo = 2
    e_particlesshadows = 0
    r_FogShadows = 0
    e_ShadowsPoolSize = 2048
    e_ShadowsMaxTexRes = 1024
    e_MergedMeshesInstanceDist = 3
    e_viewdistratiovegetation = 82
    e_GsmCache = 1
    e_ShadowsResScale = 3.4
    e_LodRatio = 20
    r_TexturesStreamPoolSize = 1024
    r_ChromaticAberration = 0.0
    e_ParticlesMotionBlur = 0
    e_ParticlesForceSoftParticles = 1
    net_blaze_voip_enable = 0
    r_MGPU = 1

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks Darren, will give it a go now.
    Also, i overclocked to 4.8 and turned on HPET, then using that set timer resolution tool its reporting back 0.500 milliseconds. FPS seems alot smoother now with 55 avg, 60 max Vsync.

But then as i was running around, myself and the ai got glued to one spot and tracer rounds remained frozen in mid air just past barrel point and had to alt-f4 then Ctrl+alt+del.

Game is a little borked huh.

Edit: Wow, Cpu is hit 75-80.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  10. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Wow, that is a little high for game! What I have noticed is that this game is very sensitive to any high cpu over-clocks.
    I've been trying to my 4.3 i7 950 to run with HT but I have to knock it back to 4.2 or eventually I get blue screen.

By the way, I set the presets all very high but shadows and objects to high. Then I run the game with the tweaks in the autoexec above.

11. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    same here..overclocking my cards to 925/1425 and processor to 4.9ghz helped a little..i play at 1080p fxxa texture resolution shading and game effects set to very high..rest all high..manages to stay above 60fps

i can confirm that turning on hpet makes the game run smoother..no difference in fps though

12. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Considering it's by far the most graphically advanced game available today and could NEVER be played at very high detail on any currently available console, I bet the development was done predominantly for PC and then ported to Consoles. It's far easier to create the game using high resolution textures, DX11 features, etc... and after the fact dumb them all down in order to make the various graphics settings available in the settings and for each console.

These ancient consoles did in fact limit how far Crytek could take the games graphics, but It is FAR more difficult to create a crappy console version and port it to PC along with all the additional stuff.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    While I'm aware these are fairly old posts...

It is true. BF3 looks very nice, but it is not a demanding game. I can run it at Ultra Settings without issue.

Crysis 3 looks much better, more attention to the smaller details... and does require more resources to run.
    But, I can run it very smoothly at a mix of settings on Medium and High with FXAA and texture detail on High.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol face, crysis 3 runs better on my PC than Far Cry 3.

Have to say, as a die-hard fan of the first crysis, C3 is really impressing me so far. Must of spent atleast 3hrs or so just on the first part of the Dam level (the area where the Cell soldiers are having a tool box meeting by the river) just trying different ways of taking out enemie ai. Have not done anything like that since the FC2.

Psycho, Why does she keep calling me Hardware? - Brilliant)

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    FarCry 3 runs better for me.
    The fun thing about how PCs work. ;)

16. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Grass in this game looks terrible. Reminds me of default Unity engine grass. In comparison, Crysis 1 used photorealistic textures for grass. Weird.

Anyways, visually game looks good. I can run it at 2x MSAA, 1080p and High-Very High settings combo.. textures all set to Highest of course. Game runs at 35-45-55 FPS (after tweaks. 45-55 FPS), keeps fluctuating and only one or two large areas give some slowdown for me. I tweaked the config for some extra performance as well later (few FPS gain, but tbh I actually turned on a lot of high quality stuff with tweaks instead of turning them off :p).

To be honest, this game shows nothing you can't do with Unreal 3 engine with few workarounds. Game looks good but so far I am not wowed by anything in the world. Water still looks flat and fake (and I have turned on every water feature I can using Cvar) and I really don't give a **** if it reflects light or not when I can still see unrealistic hard edges on water borders. It still doesn't look natural so nothing amazing (infact, someone made this using UDK, with dynamic wet surfaces and water stream simulation.. even the cloth in UDK looks better than C3 cloth from what I have seen in-game).

Gameplay and storyline?

WAY more fun than Crysis 1 and 2. I despised Crysis. Overhyped piece of **** that it was, the moronic story and boring gameplay bored me to tears. Cryris 2 tried to improve the story a bit, which I liked (but cmon, these are like action movie quality games, that's the kind of writing we want from them.. not Tolkien quality). Crysis 3 seems to have gone a step further. Still, all Crysis games have by far the most retarded settings and characters which keep changing cause even the developers have no idea what game world and which setting they want.

Gameplaywise, they took Crysis 2 and increased the map size a bit to allow for more running around than it was possible before (also, a lot of DeusEx like vents and vertical areas to use if using stealth). The problem is, the game is NOT designed for stealth. It just gives you the illusion until you realize that AI is too ****ing stupid to even bother with. So far I end up hacking turrets, stealth killing as many as I can, then when detected, kill everyone but shooting them in the face. So the game allows me to switch gameplay styles on the fly, which is nice and similar to Crysis 1 (in C2, stealth was even more pointless).

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  17. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
  18. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    So much generalization going on, Crysis was not over-hyped at all since it provided exactly what was anticipated, if not more. In no way was it excessively promoted by the developers or the gamers, because they didn't have to, the game spoke for itself. Considering it came out in 2007, it really did at the time, revolutionized PC games to an extent.

And if you want the run and gun type of linear gameplay with the addition of a stupid stealth ability that doesn't help immerse the gamer into the game at all, go for it. But saying that is what WE want is very wrong.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  19. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I'm running the game at 1080p, Very High, Low Motion Blur, TXAAx2 (plus SweetFX LumaSharpen and the demanding autoexec.cfg tweaks below). It runs at 20-30fps on the first level. Almost unplayable but damn it looks great ;) Still not on par with the pre-release videos though (eg. I can't even tell DOF is enabled - broken perhaps?).

g_skipIntro = 1
    sys_MaxFps = 60
    r_MultiGPU = 2
    r_overrideDXGIAdapter = 1
    r_overrideDXGIOutpur = 0
    q_ShaderFX = 3
    q_ShaderGeneral = 3
    q_ShaderGlass = 3
    q_ShaderHDR = 3
    q_ShaderIce = 3
    q_ShaderMetal = 3
    q_ShaderPostProcess = 3
    q_ShaderShadow = 3
    q_ShaderSky = 3
    q_ShaderTerrain = 3
    q_ShaderVegetation = 3
    q_ShaderWater = 2
    r_TexMaxAnisotropy = 16
    r_TexMinAnisotropy = 16
    i_mouse_accel = 0
    i_mouse_accel_max = 0
    i_mouse_smooth = 0
    cl_fov = 64
    r_DrawNearFov = 65
    pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 68
    r_FullscreenPreemption = 1
    r_FullscreenWindow = 0
    r_GetScreenShot = 0
    r_Gamma = 1.10
    r_MotionBlur = 2
    r_MotionBlurShutterSpeed = 0.0005
    e_ParticlesMotionBlur = 1
    r_DepthOfField = 2
    r_ColorGrading = 2
    r_DeferredShadingAmbientSClear = 0
    r_ColorGradingDOF = 1
    g_dofset_minscale = 1
    g_dofset_maxscale = 1
    e_CoverageBufferReproj
    e_GI = 1
    e_GICache = 7
    e_GIIterations = 10
    g_radialBlur = 1
    g_DOF_Ironsight = 1
    g_useHitSoundFeedback = 1
    r_buffer_sli_workaround = 0
    r_ChromaticAberration = 1.5
    r_HDRBloomRatio = 0.15
    r_HDRBrightLevel = 1
    r_HDRGrainAmount = 0
    r_SSAO = 0
    r_ssdo = 2
    r_Sharpening = 0
    r_FogShadows = 1
    r_FogShadowsWater=1
    e_Tessellation = 1
    r_watertessellationhw = 1
    e_TessellationMaxDistance = 30
    r_SilhouettePOM = 1
    r_SSReflections = 3
    r_TessellationTriangleSize = 8
    e_LodRatio = 40
    e_ParticlesObjectCollisions = 2
    e_ParticlesShadows = 1
    e_ParticlesForceSoftParticles = 1
    e_ViewDistRatio = 100
    e_ViewDistRatioDetail = 100
    e_ViewDistRatioVegetation = 100
    e_ShadowsMaxTexRes = 1024
    e_ShadowsPoolSize = 4096
    e_ShadowsTessellateCascades = 1
    e_MergedMeshesInstanceDist = 8
    e_MergedMeshesViewDistRatio = 50
    e_ShadowsResScale = 40
    r_TexturesStreamPoolSize = 512

20. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    The only thing Crysis 1 revolutionized was a bunch of PC gamers with too much money and time on the hand jacking off each other in forums about "ooh my machine now gets 2 more FPS, THIS GAME IS TEH BEST.. WILL IT RUN CRYSIS?? LOLOLOL MASTER RACE".

DeusEx was a revolution. Crysis was a ****ty FPS with **** setting and a legion of tards sucking Crytek off just for adding few more pixels just like with Farcry. Maybe next time, actually play more than 2 games in life before talking about what is "revolutionary" in gaming.

@Andrew LB
    Not drunk enough to think Crysis 3 was a PC game ported to consoles, unlike you (the whole broken mouse aim which moves on grid, auto-locking everything pretty much gives it away).