Crysis 3 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Feb 24, 2013.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    -I wanna get my first playthrough over with (don't get me wrong i'm enjoying game very much, it takes you to some solid places, really immersive so to speak), anyways once i've seen the campaign i'll do it again on most difficult but just concentrate on having fun, then perhaps concentrate on a level or two. the alien animations are great, when they get splatted with the alien tech especially. :)

2. Gibbonlimbs

Gibbonlimbs Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 4GB Jet****** SLI
    Hi,

I was underwhelmed by the performance of my 2 680 4gb on my first play through of the game, especially when you first enter the dome and the section when running through the field getting blasted by the tower.

I since then have turned on hyperthreading and installed Maldos config, the performance increase is fantastic.

Using Maldos config I have loaded ultra settings and turned on advanced DOF. I am now running completely maxed X8 MSAA and im butter smooth 99% of the time. This is @ 1920x1080 no vyscn 120hz monitor.

3. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    If you download the cpu timer tool you will get another boost, I can send it to you if you want.

4. Cnstntgrdnr

Cnstntgrdnr Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    1910 mb max vram usage with txaa 2x and vsync+triple buffering. Holy crap! My 670 is in pain. I can feel it. First time my card became marginally audible too.

I Just played the dam mission, you can chain some kills and it feels awesome -> fire explosive arrow from elevated position, kick dumpster on top of second squad and follow with stomp on the straglers :D Haven' t felt this good since murdering an entire forsworn camp as a werewolf in skyrim :p

I am a very bad person

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

5. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Can someone please tell me how i can disable motion blur on crysis 3? in option doesn't works

6. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    nvm :D

7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i installed C3 on my other comp last night. it has dual 460's and its running old WHQL 310.70's. the game ran GREAT, i was quite shocked.

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i was reading yesterday on mycrysis that there going to patch in an ADS sensitivity slider. can't wait, it's so twitchy when your zoomed in...

9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    http://www.dso gaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/crysis-3-pc-performance-analysis/

*Remove space*

Unoptimized game..

10. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Indeed, the target tagging without LoS is some serious handholding.

Remove that, and add in like 2 more of larger level and this game would've been superb. As of right now I consider this game very good, but short of greatness due to these shortcomings.

11. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    *sigh*

This game just runs so terrible on my system. :(

12. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    Friend*, maybe the problem of AMD cards is heavy tessellation but I'm recommended that you may upgrade to 2 x GTX 680 or 1 x 690. :)

* - I'm missed you due to not chat about few years and I remember you :D but I will send to our PM. ;)

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The 5000 series was a bit slower with tessellation but I believe AMD improved that in the 6000 series (Which is the GPU series he has according to signature, plus Crossfire at that.) and then again with the 7000 series GPU's.
    (I forgot exactly how the hardware works for this technique.)

EDIT: No idea how that compares to a NV 600 though, obviously the 600 would be faster in general since it's a newer GPU model compared to the AMD Radeon HD 6000.
    (Or what the full name was again.)

14. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Quite to the contrary in my case: C3 runs very well...

on my system, but...the game itself is terrible. A failure. Just like Far Cry 2 and 3, it is BORING. Apart from ''superb graphics'' it does not bring anything in terms of gamer's motivation to play it. No logic. The player is ''tutored'' too much - he cannot move to the desired direction, cannot take and use this or that (because the game's mechanism does not allow it, yet, the picture clearly suggests that such action(s) is (are) possible)...

No more thrills like those experienced in Crysis 1 and 2, and in Far Cry. No more that special feeling of ''actually being there''. It's not a GAME, it is a game of make believe (''we don't believe, we are not convinced, so let us pretend''. No sir, not me. Uninstalled).
    ------------------------------------------------
    Consider this example:

Remember that episode where you (Prophet) have to ''kill'' guns (3 of them) on the tower? Now, the guns are firing all over the place, which includes the field seeded with mines planted on the surface of the ground. NONE of them explodes as a consequence of the explosion(s) of the gun-grenade(s), yet these grenades are shaking the rocks around you and sometimes even DIRECTLY hitting the mines! And, the single bullet from a rifle activates those mines! What a scam!
    ------------------------------
    To the movie and entertainment industry:

I propose the new category to be made in designating the games and movies, in terms of their appropriateness for different ages (like, ''18+'' - meaning that such material is not appropriate for the people less than 18 years old). I propose the introduction of the UPPER limit. The number, in this case would be supplied with a star (*). Thus, Crysis 3 would be labelled as ''10*'', meaning that it is not appropriated for the people more than 10 years old...:banana:

15. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    I couldn't get very high objects to work on my 6950...Psycho would glitch and it would slow the game down considerably. Otherwise it's been running fine.

16. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I disagree. I thought the game was quite fun. More fun than Crysis 1 and 2 were for me, at least.

Though it didn't have that really memorable moment for me like in Crysis 1 when you were in 0-gravity flying around in the enemy space ship. Still very enjoyable game.

My only complaint is that there aren't enough levels.

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I can understand people feeling let down from comparing this to FarCry or Crysis, but Crysis 2? The heck lol

18. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    OK, I don't mind if you disagree. But, the remark you

made regarding Crysis 1 tells it all: no such memorable moments here, in C3.
    What to memorize? Stupid jokes and preposterous comments made by my British companion (a wannabe Captain Price, is he?)? ''Wowowo..blah blah blah...''. Illogical ''solutions'' of the developments, which require me to pretend that I did not notice what I DID notice and which made me burst with fury...
    Remember the old tune: silence is golden?
    Well, anyway, I have never uninstalled a game with so much relief like I did with C3.

But, then again, I must say I might be spoiled by playing lots of GOOD shooters lately: I'm still shivering when I happen to recall certain moments from Black Ops 2, which I finished by the end of December last year and Warfighter before that...

@Gaizokubanou: I think I understand your point, but let me remind you that, at least, C2 introduced something NEW to the ''series''. At least, I did not have to STRUGGLE to CONVINCE myself, was not forced into playing a game of ''make believe'', I was really THERE - a soldier confronted to the REAL enemy and my actions really made all the difference between live and die ...

Even worse are FarCry2&3: collecting those miserable herbs and/or diamonds?! After that gorgeous game called Far Cry?! What a decline...

19. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    Warfighter and Black Ops 2, GOOD? Crysis 3 terrible? Man, I want some of whatever you've been smoking.

20. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Better quit with whatever u use now (for smoking).

Live a good&healthy life like I do: lots of GOOD games, and no smoking at all... I do so for many millenniums now (in terms of a human calendar)...