ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cipao

Cipao Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon
    Yes, in full screen HD movies do not lag. On your drivers 12.10 was not lag, but it was not DXVA, lag appeared after applying DXVA libraries. Strange that the older version of Flash 11.2 HD movies in Firefox normally.

2. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Ok, I will take a look at my 12.10 package and see if this problem persist. I will update this post after testing the driver.

3. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    EDITED
    The 12.10 modded driver has the same problem as other drivers....However it does fix the performance lag in some videos.

On another note
    My 12.10 x64Bit driver was an incomplete driver. Thus the fix for flash videos only happened by chance. Although as of recently I did manage to come up for a fix for flash videos but it involves breaking a Amd Catalyst Feature. The reason for it not being released would be because I'm not quite sure how legacy users would feel about breaking a feature to partially fix another.

4. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    Yeah it is pretty sad, but my old Windows 7 computer that has 2.4Ghz single core processor with an Ati All In Wonder card x1900 card actually doesn't stutter as much as my laptop with Windows 8 with flash 11.6 video.

I know that with switchable graphics, video will stutter a little bit more than with a single dedicated GPU, but I'm surprised.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

5. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3

After countless experiments and testing I've finally manage to reduce the lag with flash videos, however almost every method I came up with resulted in something being broken. Here are my results

To fix Flash Videos in Windows 8 I can update the dx9 files to the latest version, but as a result it will break the Camera App along with performance in games.

Next I can use old files from previous drivers and this will allow Windows 8 Users to keep the performance improvements along with a working Camera App, but by doing this it would result in a lost of AMD Catalyst Video Features

Now to solve one problem in the first method which involves updating the Dx9 Files. I can fix (you have to do this yourselves) the performance problems in games while keeping all performance improvements along with AMD Catalyst Video Features by providing the dx9 dll files so users can place them in the game folder for the game they would like to play. However this will still result with Broken Camera App

Other Thoughts
    I will continue doing experiments and testing to find a better solution.

Update 2 Camera App (Never-mind Seems this Fix is only possible if I use the second method)
    Camera App is now working, but performance still remains the same. I probably won't be able to provide an alternate solution to allow Windows 8 Users to benefit from the performance in previous Dx9 Files while keeping all the features included in the latest DXVA files.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  6. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    Ok thanks for the update. Hopefully there's a way, but if there is not, no sweat, I know how much hard work you put into this.

7. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    It's quite obvious to me really why drivers and flash lag on legacy if they are not in full screen mode...

Because flash switches to software video decode when not in full screen. And this is dependant what "processor" you have. And if your on something like a modest dual core laptop, this might be the answer.

In other words, without using full screen your cpu is doing all the decode work, in full screen your gpu does the decode.

And everything outside of the range 11.9<>11.12 is buggy with DXVA. Catalyst 10.9/10.10 video files even cause BSOD's. So you have to tread carefully.

8. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    That makes sense why some flash videos have that moment where audio skips for a split second. Full Screen is better, but still a tad lag on some sites compared to 11.2. I have a triple core AMD processor, but being my laptop is a couple years old, that could be it too.

If it helps I just connected to my schools site via VMware and they have Windows 7 and flash 11.5 work fine on my laptop!:)

9. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    HW acceleration works on IE 10 in windowed mode. The program is available for Windows 7 too.

10. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    So it does, but the hardware accelerated rendering does not except in fullscreen.

11. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm...none of the dx9 files that work with Hardware Acceleration contains a code that would allow the Camera app in Windows 8 to function correctly.....Started from Consumer Preview all the way to 13.1.

Well, the problem I was having with my drivers was due to the software rendering (windowed mode) not functioning correctly. It would use the whole cpu to decode the video and end up causing extreme stutter (lag) in videos.

In regards to DXVA, I use the ones from 11.11c.

12. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Ok one more head's up...

If you are using a pirated copy of win8 and the crack is a Pirate crack, then Camera App will not work at all..

Using Kms-Micro for activation then the app will work..

So.. buy Softwares dont do Piracy ... :p

13. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, maybe you are right, my version of Windows 8 is unactivated so it's possible. But for that to happen AMD would have to include a code in there driver to render the camera App useless when Windows 8 is not activated. I need conformation before I can conclude that the Camera App not functioning was intended rather than unintended

14. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    What's weird is that anytime I experience stutter in flash video, my CPU has less usage than when it was fine. It must be hardware acceleration that's causing it, the GPU is trying to encode the video but it is failing which is causing the stutter, but on the other hand if I disable hardware acceleration from adobe settings, nothing changes. To add a point to the DXVA, 11.12 I found to work with the Camera App too!

15. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:

16. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    thanks troci02, I tested the tool and it works, it seems this tool does not disable after reboot when enabling Driver Enforcement Signature so it is convenient to use if you don't mind pressing F7 on every reboot. A way to bypass this would be choosing shut down instead of restart so Windows uses it's Hibernate Feature to keep driver enforcement signature working. (Just a thought, I have yet to confirm if this method actually works).

Other Thoughts
    I will refer Windows 8 Users to your forum when I create the guide.

17. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    7 not F7 :D *

To enable the boot menu just one time, put this in cmd or create a shortcut:

shutdown -o -r -t 0

(it will restart the computer)

Cheers :)

Edit: F keys work. My bad.

18. si_s3p3t

si_s3p3t Guest

GPU:
    Ati/Mobility 4570/512Mb
    just install new hotfix.. and my gpu name has been re branding.. ati mobility 4500/5100 series --> %AMD9553.2% ..:roll:

19. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Ok, Ill fix it and release it in the next Beta.

20. Cipao

Cipao Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon
    Simple, just edit the INF files.