RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darko76

Darko76 Guest

GPU:
    ati radeon 6870
  2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    everything is just fine, but i want to report a non the less annoying bug not bug but incompatibility, latest version of norton360 is getting crashed and not responding with radeonpro working on the background when i scan or when i open any norton window, i am get flashing dialogs and buttons...windows 8x64

3. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I don't know what the hell just happend, but Crysis 3 won't launch if I have RP (Derko1) running with C3 profile (regardless settings) :( ...yesterday it works and such.

Also, I thoroughly tested "Derko1 RP" with C3 (yesterday) - with forced vsync it apparently runs without ctd's, but I noticed that not all the time C3 runs fine and such - in 3 of 10 cases it hangs on "press enter to start the game" initial screen which never happens without RP...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  4. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I didn't do anything! No compliments for me... Japamd is the one that needs to get the praise. :)

5. u37

u37 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6970 *2
    RadeonPro v1.1.1.0 program may permanently lose the second card (I have CF 6970x2, windows 7 x64). This is manifested in the fact that the OSD disappears the second line, and the program itself, in the settings OSD, disappearing a second video card section.
    The defect does not occur frequently, about - once in two days. Unfortunately, after the "loss" video she never appears which requires =reboot= the computer. In this second video card works fine and GPU-Z shows its activity.

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    An user at RP's community discovered recently that disabling ULPS fixes that bug. I still need to investigate how to get the video cards temporarily disabled by ULPS feature, currently they appear as not connected thus making them invisible to RP.

7. Flisan

Flisan Active Member

GPU:
    980Ti SLI
    When using SweetFX with RadeonPro in Aliens, the game is launching as it should, but right after some manufacturer logos tha game crash/stop responding. If i try to shut the process down using ctrl+alt+del the computer crash.
    In BF3, the game launches, but after a second it shuts down with a error message in Battlelog.

Regarding the benchmark problem. I've set the direction at the desktop from day one and have not change it since then. Tried to move the location again today but the problem is still there.

8. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    I have reproduced the Crysis 3 bug, with the menu items (and the weapon customization icons for example) can't be clicked. This happes only with RP and disabling API monitoring solves the issue but you lose the Vsync + TB that is essential for proper gaming.

Fraps + D3Doverrider seem to do the trick and work just fine.

japanmd check your inbox.

9. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Don't know how programming works... but maybe look at Saphire Trixx... they do not change registry values when disabling ULPS through the settings. So they do it while the OC is active... it does require a reboot. SO not sure if it's not the same as temporary.

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, thats a registry tweak...

11. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    ok nvm then :(

12. Flisan

Flisan Active Member

GPU:
    980Ti SLI
    Might have a quick and dirty fix for that.
    Just change these two line in the profiles.xml file located at C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE

and

"Want_0" is the clock speed the card will use when "idling" and "Want_1" is the maximum clock, but i guess you knew this already :)
    The numbers are different depending on what card you have and clock speed.
    Doing so the card never goes to sleep and are running at maximum all the time, even at desktop.
    Don't know if it's even possible, but the best part is that you don't even have to reboot the computer to make the new value effect.

13. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Have there been any updates not mentioned that I should update my radeon pro to? The OT still says 12/19. Just wondering

14. Darko76

Darko76 Guest

GPU:
    ati radeon 6870
    japamd, I opened regedit and exported this registry key
    HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \Video\{52D2D4FA-3366-49FB-A46D-E8AB4D820F83}

Here is:
    http://pastebin.com/iw2L4CMe

15. Flisan

Flisan Active Member

GPU:
    980Ti SLI
    A small update to the BF3 + SweetFX problem i had/have.
    Not it says -"Post processing is not available" ingame.

EDIT: Searching for a easier way to make graph from a benchmark txt file, like FRAFS Bench Viewer etc. Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

16. BigDario

BigDario Guest

GPU:
    GB 7970 OC Windforce
    Hi everybody,
    I'm new to the AMD world with a Gigabyte HD7970 Windforce, and I've just started to use RP.
    I think it's a nice software with a great potential.

I'm having a problem with Skyrim and RP 1.1.1.0.
    I just can't use SMAA, but only FXAA and Morphological filter (I don't like them). I've tried as well to use SweetFX configurator in RP, but I can only force the effects (lumasharpen, vignette, vibrance...) and not the SMAA.

Could anyone help?
    Thank you and sorry for my english :D

17. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

with latest beta 7 driver no more problem with mouse on crysis 3 + radeonpro ON... but, both on windows 8 and windows 7 (fresh install), launching fifa 13 on the loading screen BSOD. Disabling radeonpro monitoring, no bsod.

it's very strange... in the past fifa 13 worked very well and withoud CTD or bsod in fifa 13...

18. Zurvan

Zurvan Guest

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    Sorry if this Q has already been answered but I have some issues with Arkham city. I'm trying to force SMAA and dynamic Vsync through Pro and still be able to play in Dx11. But I don't get the OSD panel to open when I enable DX11 features through Batman launcher.
    Now I know that there isn't that much difference between DX9-DX11 (expect for HBAO) and arkham city has a HORRIBLE DX11 optimization (devs never rally fixed it) but is there any way to play with DX11 and force dynamic vsync?

With DX9 I don't have any issue. (or do you guys suggest playing with DX9 and forcing HBAO through Pro? will it have an effect?)

EDIT: Solved the problem by disabling FRAPS. It seems that the program blocked Pro using OSD functions. :banana:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  19. Quinn13

Quinn13 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Thank you

This application saved my gaming, thank you

20. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
Thread Status: