Not sure exactly what is smart to do

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Mraz, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    So here's the deal, you can see my specs on the left, and let me just clarify this.

I have everything I ever wanted in terms of PC hardware, I dont have an SSD, I was thinking about getting one, but since it makes no difference in actual game performance other than loading times I decided not to buy one.

I have also considered about getting a sound card for my PC but I dont need that either since I use Turtle Beach X11, TB X12 and Razer Electra, but also I have a Pioneer home theatre connected on my PC for music joys, and those wouldnt take the advantage of a sound card.

Why am I bringing all of this out, so it doesnt sound like bragging, well here's why.

I have this 500 euro sitting next to me, and just stabbing me in the eyes saying SPEND ME NOW, and I just dont know what to do with it, or what to spend it on.

I already considered things as water cooling but I already have C. H80.

I have a mechanical keyboard and a kickass mouse.

I have two screens hooked up as well a 32'' Samsung LCD TV and a 27'' AOC screen for gaming, so I am settled with them too.

Any serious advice, anyone?!

Or should I just keep the money and leave it on the side for ''new'' rig that I wont be building for a while.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    another lightning

3. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Wouldnt that be a serious overkill?

I already have a scale of mid 70 to 160(at times) FPS in BF3 with everything on Ultra.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    He would just bottleneck himself, a 6300 isn't really going to handle two 680's that well.

With that said, whenever you have a giant pile of extra money sitting around and you're satisfied with what you have, just invest it....or save it. No point blowing it on useless things that you don't really need or even want that badly.

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    on 1 card maxed out?

6. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Yeah in MP game 64 players I have a constant of 70-110ish FPS, when turned towards wall or running through narrow corridors FPS really goes crazy over 140 FPS at times.

In really intense battles such as close quarters with a lot of explosions and walls tearing down etc. I get a smooth 70-90 FPS no problem, I've never especially since OC'ing the card even touched lower then 70 FPS it simply flies.

Ofc. I dont have MSAA on or, I have all set to Ultra with MSAA off, FXAA on, and Blur off.

If I only knew how to record a gameplay I would I have a ingame FPS counter in my upper right corner constantly on.

7. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    You can always donate to me. I need new cpu and mbo :)

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Then just leave your system alone. Enjoy it, and save up money. Take a girl on a date. Your options are endless :)

9. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    She takes all of my money...always!

Heh...a fellow native I see xD

I think Ill just stick with the money atm and wont spend it, maybe even save it up for a nice addition for this summer holiday!