UNiversal And Legacy Mods

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    I just tried your new drivers and it installed and is working perfectly! I now am off test mode too and it stuck! In my case since I have switchable graphics, it took the ID's for my 5470 and installed that as well! Thanks so much for all the hard work.:)

2. Renaldostheold

Renaldostheold Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 4670
    I installed the whole package. Then I installed your information package.

3. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    What will happen when all OLD drivers are finished testing and there will be no more driver left to copy and combine :) ..????

Guies are really working hard ... :thumbup:

AMD should be ashamed of itself . . :behead:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Try installing Kev Display Driver without the package then install the INF Mod. If that does not work use a driver cleaner to clean up all ATI files and then proceed to installing Kev drivers and the INF Mod.

5. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Well, if that happens there will no longer be a reason for us to combine and Implement new Tweaks for drivers anymore because by then Legacy Users would have a fully functional driver.

Other Thoughts
    Well I guess if It's to upgrade the driver to a later version of AMD Catalyst then it would still be necessary. But the Universal INF Mod can do that for you. (Once I get it to function without errors......When using it I don't experience any errors). Though the reason for that may be because I installed on Fresh version of Windows 8. So no other ATI package from previous installation could cause a conflict.

6. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    With my win 7 I tried the Universal INF mod. present at link :

http://www.mediafire.com/?butdb1bkn0yb9gk

in 13.1R thread without problems.

I'm using kevs latest 13.1R and once installed it normaly after a clean install, I installed the Universal INF mod. "over it" with his install manager.

Now, with this method of installation,
    -in the registry of windows there are all the comands that the inf mod gives you, but in C\windows\inf there are 2 couples of oem files (oemXX.inf and oemXX.PNR), two for CCC13.1R and two for INF mod..
    -Olso, and oviesly from the pesents of two couples of oems, in C\windows\system32\Driverstore there are two packeges of drivers (one for 13.1R and one for inf mode).
    -driver numbers of kevs 13.R are bean over righting from the new inf. mod. (if you run install manager only to see what you have on and not doing anything else, install manager now detects the present of the info mod driver numb)

Since now no problems, but can this situation (two driver packeges and relative oem files) give instability problems ??
    Did you make a new version of this Universal INF mod. because the one i have is a beta to try.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  7. hellhoundsx

hellhoundsx Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / HD4000
    links for the legacy driver is broken :(

8. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The Link for the HotFix 6 Legacy driver should now work......If mediafire blocks it again I will re-compress using RAR instead of 7zip file type

9. chadwik

chadwik Guest

GPU:
    HD 5470 / HD 4200 Hybrid
    I don't know if you have the same laptop as me (hp pavillion dv6-3142ea), but you certainly seem to have the same hardware combo 5470/4200. So I would really appreciate it if you could write how you got yours working with the signed driver. I followed your instructions in an older thread with no joy (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=374451).

10. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    There shouldn't be any crucial steps to installing this driver because Test Mode is no longer required for Drivers to function.

The First Step would be to Download the Legacy Driver.
    Clean up all previous installation of AMD Drivers
    Extract the Driver
    Install the Driver using Setup.exe (Custom Install allows you to choose the packages you would Like to install)

11. Ruslu

Ruslu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
    The link for the INF mod is broken.

12. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    What type of message do you receive when trying to download the INF MOD?

13. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    I love the hotfix 6 driver. I don't need to disable driver signature enforcement, or turn test mode on. Also, it has the regular catalyst settings :)

Where did you get the dx9 files? :D

14. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    HI dellon,

What did you change in this version of Inf mod. ?? because I have on the first one.
    I see even audio .7714 , even this gives you sound tab in CCC like .7702 ?? (I seen a sound tab in photo of 13.2 beta6 haves same .7714 ??)

15. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I'm not quite sure. Although it should be from an older driver. If I still had had Spider man installed I would be able to give you a better answer. Ohh, are you by chance talking about Catalyst AI (Regular Settings)? I think in my next release I will remove the new Catalyst AI Settings and disable it By Default so you can still keep your old Catalyst AI but also use the other 3d Settings that are unlock.

16. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    This HD Audio Driver uses 7702 the one that Kevsaminga found to be stable. However I INF Modded it and repackage it to add support for Windows 8. That's why you may see the version number in device manager to be higher than 7702.
    However, if you look at the AMD Catalyst Control Center in the Information tab you should see the version number is 7702 and not the latest.

Other Thoughts
    The HDMI tab has been missing for long time from the Catalyst Control Center I don'nt think AMD has manage to fix yet. I'll update you later on this.

17. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    I can tell you that is .7702 giving you the sound tab in CCC and Kev used it because he tested my sugestion because I told him that i remember that using 11.8 or 11.9 time ago there was a sound tab and I was sure that it was the driver.....see his threed with the photo of 13.1R with sound tab (page 14).......(Audio panels and tabs control/info restored into replacement CCC under Vista/7 just for Joe69) he made it for me !!!

I looked in the packege and 7714 comes opening atihdw76.inf also I see a mystake because you left APPS folder and there is nothing in it.

Why in the driver folder B1533409 there are more stuff then beta 1 ??
    These other things may change the drivers ??

EDIT
    In my CCC there is 7702 because using your beta 1 and there no hd drivers,
    if i will use beta2 they have 7714 even for win7 (W764a) so for not over rightning I have to not select them.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  18. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    No, I think this is perfect. The driver should install with default options and the choice to add more. I never wanted to turn AI off forever, sometimes I use it on.

19. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Yes, the 7702 does give you the sound tab (I never said it didn't) however more specifically it is the SYS file... It has nothing to do with the INF. INF are used for installation the SYS file is the actual driver. Not the INF.

More INFO
    Like I said before I took the SYS file and repackage it for Windows 8 because Kevsaminga confirmed it to be stable. I already knew how the tab file function even before it was mentioned....But I never was successful at finding one that works......So, I decided to use the files from the 11.8 driver and credited Kevsaminga since he confirmed it to be stable and working 100%. If you would also like to be credited along with Kevsaminga, for contributing to a working HDMI Audio driver that can be seen in the Tab. I can also put your name among the list of Major Contributors and also alongside Kev name.

EDITED
    Sorry, the HDMI Audio came from the Ati Catalyst 11.9 Driver. But I think it was reused. So there shouldn't be any difference. (I'll take another look to make sure)

20. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    For putting my name among the list of Major Contributors and also alongside Kev name, your nice but no thanks because i'm not making sugestions for the glory and mine was only a sugestion for alls benefict but it's only kevs hard testing (and hard work) putting on .7702 so.....who works haves the merit...and it's kevs merit.

So, if I understand, the .inf has 1714, but the .sys is the 1702 so I will always have 1702?