13.1 Reloaded driver for legacy users...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kevsamiga1974, Jan 28, 2013.

1. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    You see in both driver CCC is the same version. Nothing changed.

It's probably the clean install that you did for it to now work, I did nothing this end to fix it.

I've made a slight change as to how the hdmi device installs for more hardware.

May or may not work for you, upload tommorow evening with the small changes.

audio tab and device works every time and is in the panel here as I showed in the screenshots (4870x2). Don't understand. What error installing with .7702 ? please post screenshot.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    For the clean install....bhooo.....all is possible,

For the error: I had an error for installing the (.7702) audio driver in the final (when you open the browser to see the install registry after installation), than after reboot go again in install manager to get a new installation but the install maneger didn't detect driver installed and than again error in the final.

Than I tryed to install manualy in install new drivers from a folder in devices>proprieties but the sistem told me when i tried to put them on that he can't in becase it's (the driver) damaged . What does damaged mean ?? An error in your uploading or my downloading damaged something??

Strange....Years ago, .7702 fit good on my pc.

Later, wen you put on download, will download, install and let you know.
    Thanks a lot.

EDIT:
    For investigation, I disinstalled this new one and than put on the last previus version of 13.1R with the CCC like the Photo above and the number of it is the same like the different CCC used in your last pakedge ( 2012.0216.2321.41809 ) !! I passed ATIman 2 times (the first for disinstallation than reboot and the second time for seeing if there something else but nothing, than CC cleaner and driversweeper 3.2.0.) and seamed all going oK, there was nothing else in the pc of ATI/AMD before the installation.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  3. player

player Guest

GPU:
    dv6
    mediafire notworkin?

4. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Download is working here... :)

5. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    XLR8 4060ti 16GB
    hey dude,
    tried your stuff about 1 month ago on my netbook (win7 x64+ mobility 4225) and dxva was broken (= bad, considering it's only meant for an HTPC purpose here). May I expect that working flawlessly as of today? :) Ty

6. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I don't plan to fix it in 13.1R, it's just for people that want to run with the latest files for legacy no matter how bad or slow that may be. 13.1 is finished with, nothing more to do.

2300M is pretty obscure to support no offence, if you can find an official driver where dxva works fine on 2300M, please let me know so I can add it to my notes to work with.

11.12HB is for the performance and stability driver and my main Windows 7 x64 OS driver.

The problem is I could fix up DXVA for one particular card, and then it's broken for another instead, so there is no right answer, or a one size fits all working component that will work across the entire 2K,3K,4K and mobility and non mobility desktop range. Huge task to get it right, even AMD couldn't manage it...

11.12HB is the one that get's the most effort, research, and fixes for legacy. :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  7. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Hi Kev,
    Now I have the sound tab with .7702 after a manual long clean up of windows and his registry….

…..time ago I’ve got a problem with my printer that didn’t go well…something happened (not sure, but I think a virus) that corrupt installation modules that “blocked” his drivers in C\windows\ system32\DriverStore\temp so when I uninstall and then install his drivers, windows “throws up” the drivers because there are always present and “blocked” in driverstore\temp.
    With “blocked” I mean that they can’t be deleted and if you want to manually delete them you can’t because you don’t have the complete control of it (only SYSTEM haves it) so to “unlock” and then delete, have to do this: double click on it with right>propriety>security……enter in this and put your user name in the list….and then make your user name take full control…..now you can delete and when you install new drivers they fit on good.

Remembering this, looking around in C\Windows\inf, I found a lot of (oemXX.inf and oemXX.PNF) ati stuff so I have now realized that the same thing is happening to me for the .7702 directly in C\windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository (where windows deposits drivers after installation).
    So here I had “blocked” 5 packages of CCC display driver instead of one needed and installed and 3 ATI HD drivers instead of the one installed.

These drivers “blocked” in FileRepository couldn’t be seen by atiman and driversweeper so after using them you “think” having a clean install but in realty you don’t !!!

However……...after ”unlocking” and deleting all old stuff in File Repository, deleting oemXX.inf (and oemXX.PNF) of these old ati stuff in C\Windows\inf and controlling (with regedit) in the registry that all the ClassGuids (taken from the .inf files of drivers package) of the drivers installed of CCC display drivers and HD audio are right and corresponding with there oems in C\Windows\inf………. without uninstalling nothing else then the .7705, .7702 is now on, works and…….sound tab in CCC.

This thing happening to me can help others to see if having a very clean install:

1. looking in FileRepository there has to be one ati display driver package and one atihd driver package (the ones installed),

2. in C\Windows\inf , has to be present only the 2 oem files (.inf and .PNR) of ati display driver installed and only the 2 oem files (.inf and .PNR) of atihd driver installed.

So kev not your fault, but not even mine because allways doing right clean install………now all OK.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  8. lucuzzu

lucuzzu Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512Mb
    hi,

thanks for your work!
    i've a problem with your driver.

I've deleted all previous catalyst installation also with a driver sweeper run.
    now this is the situation:

http://postimg.org/image/bfq3uec87/full/

in the information menù, isn't present the reloaded release.
    i've used the classical way with the ati setup, present in the main folder.
    I'm on win8 x64

what can i do?

thanks a lot,
    Luca

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  9. lucuzzu

lucuzzu Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512Mb
    i'm seeing that the version of driversweeper is too old. in the afternoon i'll try the 3.2.0....:)

10. lucuzzu

lucuzzu Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512Mb
    nothing.
    i've tried driversweeper 3.2.0+cccleaner, also in safe mode, and the situation is the same.
    any suggestions?

11. RavingRabbits

RavingRabbits Guest

GPU:
    HD4870XF
    Registered an account just to post this. Thank you very much for these drivers, it solved the video card ran out of memory error and graphic glitches in Resident Evil 6. Previously I was using the official 13.1.

Btw, after installing my HDMI audio doesn't work, have to uninstall it and use back the default windows one :) Thanks a lot again

12. Useless

Useless Member

GPU:
    1070 Ti - QX2710
    So Kev...!!
    This is your very last in this series isn't..?? nothing to do with the picture in your main post isn't...?? I want to be sure I downloaded the right one
    Last timestamp of changes by KAR 18/02/2013 19:20 GMT

[​IMG]
    Thanks

13. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Ignore version numbers.

Needed to install unsigned for Windows 8 (while fixing clock bug)

NO test mode/unsigned install etc.

The versions for Windows 7 are different.

14. Danny Nissan

Danny Nissan Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    Thanks for this driver again kev, i have been using it since february for my HD4890 and everything is working just fine.

I did do performance tests in some games (including BF3) and performance was the same (which is perfect!) as 13.1 legacy. Just want to have "latest possible" drivers and that you gave me kev, so thanks alot!

15. vodanh

vodanh Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 4890 1GB
    I was using 12.11 modded drivers in Test Mode disabled signed drivers on Win8 64 on a 4870 or 4890 ( i forget, got it used but drivers always say 4800 series now). Tried the official 13.1 because I wanted to disable test mode and re-enable driver sig detection. CCC would load but would not have any 3d related settings, only hydravision settings. Tried the 13.1 reloaded drivers but it wouldn't install the 8.970.100.7000 driver version. CCC would not load with the older version it was using, and still will not load with the 8.970.100.7000 manually installed.

16. aethius

aethius Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7770
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  17. Jinserver

Jinserver Guest

GPU:
    Visiontek HD 2400 Pro
    Hi, first post here.

Firstly I have a old ass HD 2400 Pro AGP to play retro games and emulators on. I had a hard time getting drivers to work on Win8, none of the packages did anything or detect the card, even the most recent ones.

Here's the problem:
    [​IMG]

-It doesn't install the latest 13.1 Win8 driver (8.97.100.7), so I can't use the latest CCC with Win8.

-It doesn't even give the option to install the latest 2012 CCC, it say's it's up-to-date, which is incorrect.

So what do I do, and how do I do it?

And if anyone could upload the exact working .inf for Windows 8 HD 2400 Series or Pro for AGP, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

18. OldMX

OldMX Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1660
    Hey kevsamiga1974 , your driver works incredibly good with all games I've tested on my Kid's computer, Radeon Hd4870, but there is one issue, Portal 2 original from steam wont launch with your drivers, but works ok with latest legacy from amd, any clues? BTW: Portal 1 and Portal Prelude work flawless, only P2 wont launch.

tia OldMX

19. fLuXuS

fLuXuS Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870X2 WC
    That's weird, it's a Source Engine game, on my 4870X2 I play CS:GO ( I think it has the same source version) without issues or all other Source games, but I don't have P2 on my account.

Can you try with the R13 hydrid? For me, it's the balanced driver for this kind of card.

Cheers.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  20. OldMX

OldMX Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1660
    Well this issue beat me up, ended up reinstalling windows twice, one clean install with the modded legacy drivers and another one with the amd legacy drivers,, Portal 2 startd to work again with the AMD drivers, dunno what happened but i really digged the control panel of the modded drivers :\