Asus Xonar DG problem

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by MrDaniel, Feb 12, 2013.

1. MrDaniel

MrDaniel Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 660 Ti Jetstrea
    Hi,

I have just purchased a Xonar DG soundcard to replace my onboard audio as the front audio inputs and outputs were failing. Unfortunately I cannot install the drivers for it. I have tried both those from the disk (normally and in W7 compatibility mode) and the windows 8 drivers from the official website.

Trying to install the drivers gives the error "Please plugin your Asus Xonar DG Audio device".

My device is plugged into a PCI port, but no connectors were included with the device. Do I need to connect it to something else?

Has anyone else experienced this problem or one like it, and does anyone know a solution?

Thanks,

MrDaniel

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no, that's all you should have to do. oh, unless you're hooking it up to the front panel of the case, in which case you have to connect the front panel cable to the header on the xonar DG. other than that, it should work ok.

Can you check your device manager and see if it shows there? Also, try re-seating the card in the pci slot.

3. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
  4. MrDaniel

MrDaniel Member Guru

GPU:

5. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Is it showing up in device manager? Are you getting any type of prompt when starting Windows?

Messing with the EEPROM shouldn't be necessary. Try testing the card in another computer, you could have a dead card (rare).

6. MrDaniel

MrDaniel Member Guru

GPU:
    There's a "multimedia Audio controller" in one of my PCI slots. There's no more information than that though. There are no prompts when I start windows.

7. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I had this issue when I first installed my xonar dg, update the driver from device manager and browse to the xonar software folder, it should install the driver. Then restart your pc and try running the installer.

8. MrDaniel

MrDaniel Member Guru

GPU:
    I right click on the audio controller in device manager and choose update driver software, and have navigated to both the CD and my own download of the W8 drivers, neither work however.

9. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Have you tried reseating the card or a different pci slot ?

10. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    See if you could test it in a buddy's PC.

The UniXonar drivers are worth a shot too.

11. MrDaniel

MrDaniel Member Guru

GPU:
    Sadly all of my friends at university have laptops, so the first chance I'll get to test it in someone else's pc will be when I go home at easter. Also I can't use the other available PCI slot as my case is not very high quality, and it's impossible for me to undo the thumbscrew that I need to undo to use that slot unless I go out and buy some screwdrivers.

I'll look into the UniXonar drivers.

12. MrDaniel

MrDaniel Member Guru

GPU:
    The Unixonar drivers install, but I still don't get sound. What should my next step be?

13. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Are you using speakers or headphones? Check your Xonar Audio Center, make sure the output is set correctly.

14. MrDaniel

MrDaniel Member Guru

GPU:
    I've tried both headphones and speakers. Also, when I click to open the Xonar Audio Center nothing loads.

EDIT: I'm sending my card back to amazon, and getting a replacement. hopefully this one will work.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    dragging this back from beyond the grave maybe, but I just went through the same problem. My DG died on Monday and I got the new one today. put in in the slot, boot up, comes up in device manager but drivers won't install. same error.

I used the eeprom restore and it worked. you have to run it and then select your card from the list. problem is the instructions as to what to do are on the top of the page and you don't see them when you simply run restoree. but yeah, this little utility will give you a list of cards, once you run it, then select 12 for Xonar DG, it will fix your card. after that just boot to windows and install drivers normally. I have my DG back, god I didn't realize how bad the on-board sound was until I lost my DG on Monday. and that's only a DG. On-board couldn't even drive my AD700 headphones. weird. Anyway, happy now.

Let us know if you still have this issue.