Gamers not that interested in new Xbox if it blocks used games

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 9, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    My TV (which is from 2006btw) is 1920x1080 @ 30 hz, but i have set it to 720p with 60hz.
    though its not really 720p since i have to use underscan/overscan. so the resolution is lower.

I assume newer TV's dont have to use underscan/overscan ?

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I doubt it, i imagine some of the £200 supermarket ones might do, but my present LG TV from 2011 doesn't and the 2008 Samsung i had before that didn't either, both also had actual dedicated PC modes as well.

3. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    this is not that much of a surprise, so many people are relying on trading in old games to get new ones for less $$'s. If that is not possible then the sales will go DOWN... badly...

4. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    What's a console :confused:

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

I think it's Call of Duty 10....But yea, agree...

Also Im sure the next Call of Duty will be on the current console generation.

Activision's Call of Duty Cash Cow! will not rely on next generation console sale's.....

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    gamestop is just trying to keep there stock holders from dumping them. gamestop not the only one that will lose profit, but then there the ones that will lose the most cause they like to sell, Opened games at new prices.

Don't mater I dont shop at Gamestop at all.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im just gonna import some games on the cheap then sell them at a profit on trademe for less than retail. (Nz ver of ebay/amazon)

Second hand but never been opened. It'll work...what! it will....shut up.

8. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    since when is a good pc expensive to ppl that live in EU or those that live in richer parts of the states?

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Nope, my 2009 tv (can't remember the name, not a cheap no name brand) and my 2011 samsung don't have either, what it does offer is some form of display scaling/stretching, both had "just fit", which is pretty much what you want to use on everything.

It probably supports it, but it's just not needed.

10. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    +1 True. I can see a parent somewhere having some free time to spent with his son, popping a game in the PS3/4 for some gaming
    or friends again doing the same. Popping a game in, login online or start an Split-Screen and go. That's what console are all about mostly.

Simplicity..

11. sardine

sardine Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070
    my problem is being a dad,

i like to still play the odd game and so do my sons.

rather than me playing Halo4 for an hour or so then my sons playing it upstairs split screen. i would now have to buy 2 or 3 copies of the same game.

as soon as i play it downstairs on main TV its locked to that console. i would have to buy each of the boys their own copy as a fight would start out whos xbox would have it installed on.

unless 1 copy allows same ip or 3 installs i doubt i will be investing in a new console.

it would be good if it was like steam and i could logout downstairs and the boys login upstairs. but then thats one console at a time. it just sucks money grabbing and never thinking of a large family sharing one disk.

12. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    The Nintendo Wii U ain't all that special hardware-wise but if Sony and Microsoft do not allow used games on their consoles then it will be an easy winner for most gamers. If MS and Sony concede this round i can see a lot of people migrating to Nintendo and PC.

13. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Would not buy anything made by Microsoft.

360 is poorly designed.

FABLE,FORZA,GEARS,HALO. No thanks.

People waffling on about PC, it's not much better gaming wise or at all.

RPG'S, crysis a 2007 game woo hoo. Poorly made metro 2033.

If your a gamer.

PS4
    PC

is the only way to go moving forward.

Sony buys studios, delivers new ip's.

Microsoft pay millions for early demo's and early dlc. pathetic.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    They both do the same thing, Sony just make more SP heavy exclusives while MS does more MP aimed stuff.

Other than Forza I prefer the Sony ones, whether they can afford to keep supporting the PS4 remains to be seen, MS could easily buy exclusivity to lots of previously multi platform titles.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050

Kind of contraindicated yourself with this post...

16. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    My tele is on the old side and can only display 1360x768 and I'm using an overclocked 670 on that. :D :infinity:

17. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Err.. there are MILLIONS of people in the EU and richer parts of the states who cannot afford a good pc... or food.

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Then reduce the ****ing prices of games. That's why I gave up on buying console games. 60$ is wayyyyy too much. Been a long time since I paid 60$ on PC thanks to steam or GMG vouchers.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Never going to happen, no point in Sony/MS making a console if they can't take their cut.

20. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I was raging, ghosty.

I meant as far as games go.

I play atm PS3/PC.

I never bought PS2/XBOX, only had PSX. Before that was all computers, Amstrad,amiga etc and back at the beginning of time Atari woo hooo.

I think MS new machine will be a lot of Kinect 2.0. With some harder core thrown in.

PS4 will be hardcore with some move or whatever thrown in.

I Have quite a few games on PC.

Just completed DMC and i'm playing Deadspace 3 atm. Much better with unlocked fps.

But I just hate some people that waffle that pc is the only thing worth having.

I mean Metro was a poor game, the whine of the guys voice was suicide inducing.

BF3 is another game that excels on PC. number of players and size. But I don't think any of that will matter for PS4/720. Large scale games will be easily done.

So for me it will be PS4&PC.