Realtek HD Audio Drivers?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Radikalman, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Radikalman

Radikalman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB / OC
    Hey guys, I have been wondering for a while now why Realtek haven't been releasing updated versions of their onboard HD audio driver? I mean it's not an issue as I don't have any problems but I was just wondering why they stopped at 2.70. Have they released a new onboard sound chip and stopped supporting HD audio? If anyone knows do tell! :D Thanks in advance!

2. Radikalman

Radikalman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB / OC
    Nobody knows then I take it??

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    They only release drivers as they see a need.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Realtek doesn't update drivers like everyone else. Usually it's a one time deal unless there's a bug or something. Then it's takes like 3 years to fix it.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Best advice you can get is disable your onboard and get a source with higher quality.

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    A Xonar DG is a good choice and its very affordable.

7. David

David Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6700 XT
    This. If you're really looking to improve your sound don't expect it from new drivers to your onboard sound. A Xonar DG/DGX is very inexpensive option.

8. Radikalman

Radikalman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB / OC
    Haha you know what, I actually did get myself that exact card and I can't get the bloomin thing to work :mad: but I'm glad you guys mentioned that now because I completely forgot about the thing :p

It shows up in device manager all well and good but the problem comes when I try and install the drivers. With the official driver set I can't even get past the beginning of the installation because it doesn't detect the card even though windows obviously knows that something is there. Third party drivers (I can't remember what they were called now) installed just fine but no audio was being produced by the card with them installed.

Before you ask, indeed I did disable the onboard realtek chip so I'm not sure what's wrong with the card. Any ideas?

Radikal

9. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    That strange, do you have another computer laying around that you can test the sound card in.