Dell becomes private owned company in $24.4 billion deal

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    does this mean they will stop using refurbished parts in new pc's and pass them off as new? THis many reason i wont recommended dell to anyone, other then the fact when I worked for them fixing the pc/laptops I would be fixing / replacing NEW PC/Laptops less then 3 month old with more refurbished parts like 4+ pc/laptops in one day

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Good luck to Dell....hopefully their quality will improve as a result.

I gotta ask cuz I found it weird. A few years ago, we picked up a Dell Dimension 4600. After opening up the side cover, we found an Asus branded board inside. We were told that all components were original except the harddrive and optical drive. So, this common or was this just some freak occurance?

4. Sqeak

Sqeak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI PE GTX670 2GB
    Dell doesn't make mobo's themselves, I don't believe, so they have to use other companies mobo's.

5. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I'd rather recycled hardware which has been approved as to new hardware which fails...OptiPlex 390 springs to mind...

6. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    i wonder what he is going to do with the company

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Make more awful Windows 8 tablets destined for a landfill.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Now some idiot analyst is claiming that the $2B USD that MS loaned Michael Dell is proof that Microsoft, Windows, Dell and the "PC Industry" is becoming irrelevant.....lol

No, Dell doesn't actually manufacture anything themselves. But, I asked tsunami that question because I've been inside several Dell Dimension 4600's and have only ever seen 1 having a motherboard with an Asus logo stamped on it. Typically, Dell doesn't use manufacturer branded motherboards, instead they have Dell stickers all over them with nothing to identify the actual motherboard manufacturer.