How to improve your Movie experience

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Prophet, Jun 19, 2012.

1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    "file not available",quess i`ll stick with vlc player....its done what i need so far

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah its great isnt it. i watch everything with it. cant go back to normal play anymore :D
    needed some time to get used to it though, some sort of motion sickness.

putting at 4x instead of locked to vsync even increases the effect lol :D

i mostly play with just max smoothness, locked to refresh rate of monitor, and the smaller movies have advanced svp shaders.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Cheers WhiteLighting that 4x is pretty intense. Also had to watch a few before my eyes/brain adjusted, then walked out into the lounge and the flat mates were watching tv.... Poor lads, dont know what their missing out on.

5. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Frame interpolation is great, but am I the only one getting to watch my movies turn to TV serials (TV Series) kinda video effect and loosing the movie feel overall.

I actually like watching game videos or game trailers with this, but not my 24FPS movies..

Then..there is also this effect in movies which have different variations of camera (direction) rotations and movement speeds; which gives a very sharp difference of perception that, the camera speed (in world space/in a scene) is either to slow (with smoothness) or quick (with smoothness) in front of your eyes. <- Which I think damages the experience of good camera (Direction) capture and movie editing.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  6. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I need help using Pot Player with 7970 + SVP 720p 48herz + 1080p 60herz . Madshi

I have Pot player 1.5.33948 beta + Lav filters - Video-Audio - Splitter - Wmvideo Decoder DMO in Filter Management.

On Custom i have FFdshow Video + RAW set to prefer or else SVP won't work.

MKV is set for LAV.

When i am running video 720p or 1080p it says INPUT : NV12 (12bits) OUTPUT YV12 (12bits). Is that good ?

So if i run 720p 24herz it runs good, 720p 48herz it runs good, if i try to run 1080p 60herz it eats all my cpu.

What do i need to do to make it run smooth and better for everything ? PotPlayer+Madshi + Svp.

Could it be the Potplayer version ? Could it be the Potplayer settings + filters , could it be the Filter settings LAV + FFdshow ? Could it be Mad's filter settings ?

I don't know where to start, first i want it to make smooth and use all the GPU processing it can use, then i want quality.

Please help

7. domigr

domigr Guest

GPU:
    amd 7770 hd asus(1gb)
    hello!!!i am new with svp and i would like a little advice..what settings are the best for my pc??i have an amd fx 6100(3.3ghz) and an amd 7770hd(asus)...the auto selected settings are 3g but i noticed that my cpu is on the 4th profile...i worked svp only with potplayer(default settings all)...i have just installed avisync and ffdshow just to run svp...i don't want anything else...thanks in advance!!!

8. Mangix

Mangix Guest

It's possible to use LAV with CUDA and SVP at the same time. I do this to save CPU resources as SVP is rather hungry.

9. Rimsky

Rimsky Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6970
    auto selected settings 3G is right

10. domigr

domigr Guest

GPU:
    amd 7770 hd asus(1gb)
    yeah but i noticed my cpu to work very high on a full hd mp4 file 1080p... it was range from 47-60cpu usage!!!

11. Rimsky

Rimsky Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6970
    try remuxes and you dont's think that fx-6100 3G is enought

12. domigr

domigr Guest

GPU:
    amd 7770 hd asus(1gb)
    i didn't understand what you said..:(

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Good, that means your PC is being used well.
    As long as the video doesnt stutter.

Video smoothing needs a lot of power.
    To get the best quality, it needs as much power as you have.
    My CPU use is around 70% total, 1 or 2 cores are very near maxed.

If its not stuttering, try a higher quality profile.

14. juke

juke Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    So, which is better? This Potplayer or Splash Pro EX?

15. domigr

domigr Guest

GPU:
    amd 7770 hd asus(1gb)
    potplayer from me!!!

16. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    Potplayer

17. chainik

chainik Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 5670
  18. chop007

chop007 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD5470
    Awesome

Hey prophet I just wanted to thank you for taking the time and writing this informative guide. I have always just gone out and bought the most expensive dvd player software, thinking it was the best.

I had some time to kill and came across your informative post on using potplayer. It is rare that somebody is so selfless and takes the time to write such a detailed and easy to understand guide. I followed it to the letter and now my video playback on my pc and to my HDMI LED Tv is simply superb. I cannot believe I have spent such a fortune on useless software when this guide of yours has been here and it is all for free.

I tell you, now I know about 80 percent more about the codecs, shaders etc etc than I ever did. I never knew this was so intricate. Your guide is perfect and the educated will know how to read it and follow instructions.

I hope your health improves and I hope you will write more in depth guides of this sort. I truly appreciate all your efforts and you have made me extremely happy and saved me a lot of money. Thanks man and God Bless.

P.S. I love the Einstein Profile pic, awesome.

19. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    You are very welcome and thanks for your kind words!

20. Xphome

Xphome Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB
    All the pictures are thumbnails, how am I supposed to see what to change?