Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Just thought I would post this fix for anyone having the stuck on initializing problem when joining a server. Maybe the world and his dog already knows but I only sorted it last week.
    If you are running Avast go to the 'real time shields' then 'behavior shield'. Enter 'expert settings' and then 'trusted processes' and add the bf3 exe.
    Used to have to use task manager to close the game at least 3 times a day but the last week or so has been a pleasure.

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Played yesterday for a couple of hours and for some reason the game "feels" to run much smoother than 4 months ago when I last played it. The settings are 2560x1440, everything maxed with 4xmsaa BUT with vsync disabled in-game yet enabled adaptive through control panel and also enabled mouse raw imput. I don't feel any mouse lag and the game looks and runs great. 90% it's at 60 fps, but when it drops a bit it's not even noticeable anymore, so I guess it's the adaptive vsync that works good with this game.

When thinking of it, the graphic engine is the only thing I actually love about this game (even though it could use some more destruction like in BBC2), can't wait to see what EA does with it in their future games (BF4, DA3, ME4? etc).

3. jmikkelson

jmikkelson Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    hey signex,
    What new maps are you playing. Is it one of the premium downloads? I don't have premium so I guess I'm stuck with old maps.

4. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Honestly not a fan of the direction the battlefield franchise has gone.

Haven't been able to bring myself to buy any of the expansions because it just feels like wasted money.

I mean really, games these days are barely allowed time to mature before the next sequel is starting development, all the while they are working on pushing out DLC you have to PAY for as filler content in between.
    I mean why should I pay for all these add-on's when with a new game everyone will shift to is on the horizon?
    Because unless the setting of BF4 is vastly different than BF3, I don't see many playing BF3 when it comes out, as there really isn't anything memorable about BF3 IMHO.

Also bugs me how they lock out the community from being able to create mods and maps, just so they can sell their precious DLC.

5. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC

Like it or not, that is the way the entire industry is moving. What we used to get for free, we are now mad about having to pay for. Video games of all sorts still provide the highest dollar to entertainment-hour ratio.

6. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Which is why I have not purchased a single piece of BF3 DLC.
    In fact I have doubts on wether or not I will even get BF4.

At least CryTek still knows the value of mod SDK's.

The only kind of DLC in games I can really justify spending money on is Singleplayer, as its nothing that gets outdated or old or ends up being wasted money once people move on to other titles.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  7. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Unfortunately the people who remember the golden age of PC gaming are getting older and dropping out of the market. The DLCs for BF3/COD, etc have been successful and are becoming the norm in the industry. I would prefer a developer add as much content as they can into the original product and only add afterthoughts or customer requests into DLC products instead of being in development square one with planned DLC in mind, but that is the old way of thinking.

8. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Well theres a reason why more and more indie developers are entering the scene.
    Because the big companies just produce crap these days.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I've always thought of "DLC" as a console oriented type thing since all the newer consoles can connect to the web then with the introduction of "DLC" for PC games, There was a pretty fast slow down of PC games being shipped with Mod Tools, when overlier games in the same series had mod tools.

Now the publishers want money for "Extra Content", which is fine really, it's just the way they are going about it is not cool.. by not letting people make mods like they used to..

There are newer revisions of games now that don't have mod tools that would not exist if it were not for mod tools.

Just trying to think about that hurts my brain.

If EA was a person and I could strangle said person. I would.

I actually hate the term "DLC".. Downloadable Content.. No Sh1t? Really? It's downloadable? Well Blow Me Down..

10. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    I'm fine with the concept of paying for truly extra and new content.
    I am not fine with paying for content that should have been there in the first place, and have simply just been diced up to make you pay twice or three times as much to get the complete experience.

I like ME3's way of doing multiplayer DLC.
    Its all completely free, new maps, new characters, new weapons, new enemies.
    Instead its fueled by completely "100%" optional Microtransactions.

11. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    I had/have no problem with the 'premium' pack with Bf3. I have had my money worth out of this game and still enjoy the assignments and extra content it brought to (imo) a great multiplayer game.

Mafia 2 on the other hand.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  13. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Got a small upgrade to my PC yesterday from a 8800GT 512mb to a GTX260 896mb, made a bigger difference than I thought, bumped up from low to medium and my K/D has improved a fair bit.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  14. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Screenshots of the End Game maps.

Operation Riverside
    [​IMG]

Nebandan Flats
    [​IMG]

Kiasar Railroad
    [​IMG]

Sabalan Pipeline
    [​IMG]

Love the snow map and Riverside looks great.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Snow maps are always the best, I'm puzzled on why Alborz Mountains was the only mountain/snow map in BF3 so far...

16. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i was hoping for a huge jungle mapp also, but i'll settle for that snow map, looks good.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I would love a map where it has rain that is thick, and is dark, and needing the use of flashlights and night vision to see...

18. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    if anyone is getting "disconnected from EA online" today do a manual PB update. after i got an update manually the problem stopped. just thought i would share...

19. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    cool! thanks for the update.

20. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I have do to this regardless before EVERY game... or else it simply disconnects! Have been doing it since BC2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.