13.1 Reloaded driver for legacy users...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kevsamiga1974, Jan 28, 2013.

1. labodj

labodj Guest

GPU:
    AMD Mobility HD4670 1GB
    I think it's better to do a simple thing:

in first page write down the instruction to install your driver:

-Download Atiman Uninstaller HERE
    -Install it
    -Open Atiman Uninstaller 7.0.2
    -Choose A ecc ecc....

Any bug reported without having followed install instruction will be ignored.

Best for you, longer but better for user, do you agree?

2. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I agree, but it should be common knowledge for everyone to do a clean install with drivers anyway. And the install method of these modified drivers is normal, same as original catalyst, no test signing method or difficult to follow instructions needed.

For now to satisfy both conditions on conflicting PS working feedback I will leave .11753 up for the moment, and re-upload .11774 again above it based on these conflicting reports that .11774 does or doesn't work.

If the non working user can confirm working .11774 working with a clean install. I will delete the .11753 version, or if not just make up a special version for him with .11653 (which apparently works for PS for him in his case)

Best I can do to satisfy everyone.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  3. Slowflow

Slowflow Guest

GPU:
    I have been running the rage openGL (atioglxx.dll 6.14.10.11298) placed in my photoshop folder for a while, with excellent performance, due to the fact that openGL performance was constantly changing in the official catalyst driver releases.

Prior to using your 13.1_Reloaded_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_ocl, I was using TWL's 5.10 drivers.

Tested so far:

Photoshop CS5 = All is well
    Devil may cry 2013 = All is well
    AC Assault Horizon (previously with twl's had screen corruption on certain graphical effects) with 13.1_Reloaded_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_ocl = All is well
    Rayman Origins = All is well
    Batman AC = All is well
    Borderlands 2 = All is well
    Darksiders 2 = All is well

About to give skyrim a blast to see if all is goog there too! Thanks a lot for your efforts bro, much appreciated. :)

P.S. Please provide the checksum for the dowload file it is CRC-32=7BCFFC52

4. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Sorry if you think someones don't telling the truth......but it's not me.....don't wana wast my time doing stupid things.

I know and appriciate your hard work because I know that AMD do something good but brakes something else so that's one of the reasons so we are all here in this forum triying to find "the last and the best one".

However....I have always a right clean install so it's not my case......but I think PS are not the same....they change someting in there releases to improve it (thats what a friend using PS for his job said to me) and I also think it dipends if PS goes in conflict with somethig else or has a problem, that's why someone works and someone don't.

Today I tested 13.1 official with .11672 and PS works fine...the photo dosn't go away with graphic processing on.......whats the next step??

5. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Not anywhere did I never said you wasn't telling the truth. I never said you we're making it up. I never said you didn't have any problems with PS.

I said you might well be correct about it in *your* case/configuration. Please read back what I wrote and actually meant.

It's just that conflicting reports create a big problem and nightmare for me in testing. I take *all* reports seriously whoever they are. No matter how big or small.

I try to help. I don't want to waste my time doing stupid things either, that's why I've left you .11753 out of kindness to try to see if you still have problems with PS, but you never responded back over the new upload, just packed your tent and left.

I can't fix things that are broken for you if you don't help in that case diagnose them first therefore.

The point is...........is it PS @ fault or the driver @ fault. This I don't know.

But .11774 (which works for others) to .11672 is a big jump down missing out a lot of OpenGL bugfixes for legacy cards in the soup, just to fix/workaround a driver that doesn't work in a different version of photoshop instead of CS6 for only one isolated case.

I also download the free trial of PS CS6 x64 to help just as an excersise in completeness and couldn't indeed reproduce the issue with .11774. Both OpenCL + OpenGL are on and working correctly.

PS does a check @ each start for capability/compatibility, and if it doesn't test ok on the GPU functions PS will turn the advanced GPU functions off.

6. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    don't worry, I know that you don't say that to me........I just only want to say that you can trust me, only that......sorry I didin't want to accuse you of nothig.
    However.....I will try .11753 and I tell you.......I didint have much time today.

7. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    If this doesn't work, we try .11733 one more attempt, and if not, I will make you up a special Joe 69 version containing the benefits of higher other 13.1R components/bugfixing, and the .11672 of legacy official which has to work in your version of PS for you, ok....

I'm just working my way backwards to nail your problem. While I leave the main .11774 up for others *unless* significantly more PS CS6 fail reports come in which I believe to work. It's all I can do about it really.

In a few days all will be fixed up for you.

8. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Thanks a lot.........your a genius!! Soon I tell you about .11753

9. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    I just tested.........dosen't work same problem. Fortunaly not many guys have PS!!! Or better, my PS!!!!!!

10. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Right..to save time because uploads are massive and each take 1 hour. Just going to go straight to .11672 and put OpenCL components back @ legacy standard to play it safe. Special Joe69 version.

I'll upload corrected special version, which should *work* in your PS, because the difference in the working PS OpenCL/OpenGL components compared to 13.1 official in PS will now be zero in this special version.

Make sure clean install to wipe out the old OpenCL components. And maybe think about upgrading to PS CS6 next time. Once you do, you can use the original .11774 again. Tricky bug. :)

* Special Joe 69 PS version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jvshoi5qdfzx7wz

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013

11. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Ok thanks a lot!!
    I have 1Gb connection with my PC and modem ADSL and here ,in Italy, a can download at aprox. 850-900 bps /sec so I download 150 mb in almost 2min!

12. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Ok......i build on .......and they work. thanks a lot

13. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Hei guys see this………..

…..Well……. I make a new test…………something tells me that I can’t leave .11672 (thanks a lot kev for all your big work) without attempting everything I can do for making work .11774 as well as others do in PS and even why I don’t want that kev has a big work for nothing, so……
    1. a clean install with Atiman like I always do
    2. Build on 13.1 reloaded with .11774
    3. All ok but not PS
    4. Disinstalled PS
    5. CC cleaner and Wise cleaner
    6. Installation of PS

All ok but PS still don’t work.

So……. Test all the possible options in advance settings in graphics processor of PS……..nothing to do…………… but at this point I have a great Idea:

change all the settings of 3D in catalyst control center!!!

Do you know what I notice……….you can take all the controls at their max but the only thing that never has to be put on is the filter edge-detect in smothvision HD control.

This will make PS crash (the photo will not be visualated) with all drivers above .11672 but not for it and under it!!!!!!!!!!!

Now a got running fine 13.1 reloaded with .11774 even with my issue of PS

Thanks again kev…….and I’m glad to give you this positive response of your .11774 !!!!

14. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    I don't know if this is related to the openGL issues but i just checked out Photoshop CS6 on my system.

OpenCL is disabled and greyed out. Isn't this supported on legacy cards?

i am running latest 13.1 reloaded Win7 x64.

15. Slowflow

Slowflow Guest

GPU:
    Yes Sasquatch_04 it is supported, you have to install "AMD App SDK runtime" files from within the driver setup, you can do this post driver install, as it won't replace files if the same is already present.

16. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    I didn't realize it wasn't included....Thanks for the help :)

17. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    A little tip...

People willl find themselves with a much easier life if they should always run with CCC 3D application settings page at defaults *always*, unless they need something specific turned on (or make a profile), Like the edge AA 12x-24x filter. I don't believe they test out all the forced options apart from the defaults with every driver released to make sure it works in every game or app, and more so on legacy cards.

Even on legacy cards where the drivers are supposed to be relatively "bugfree" and "mature". X-fire and AA is still sadly one big headache. Creates less problems in apps and games that way, because (at least in crossfire) not everything works correctly in all cases, all of the time with some of these features and antialiasing forced on from defaults, and you are heading for one big headache this way instead of making selective profiles...

FarCry 2 for example, using edge detect AA forced in CCC and setting 4x or 8x ingame is broken from Catalyst 9.12 HF - 11.3 for example, and shows flashing black squares when playing. Below or above those drivers...fine.

You don't know what bugs and obscure problems you might be exposing, or what can of worms you're opening, because the options forced from defaults *don't* work in every case I have found, and you encounter problems.

Especially in Crossfire, and depending on what driver you are using. If you need AA or AF, turn it on in the app or game or make a specific profile. :)

Still it puzzles me how a Direct3D option for Edge AA can affect the OpenGL working in PS ?!?

A strange bug. But I never saw or noticed it because my CCC 3D application page is always, and always has been defaults ! It complicates testing...I don't try to force any options... :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  18. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Installing keeps failing when i try to install App SDK Runtime...

19. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Which OS ?

OpenGL and OpenCL were working and enabled/ticked when I last checked the PS CS6 x64 trial/Windows 7 x64.

Please make sure of clean install using ATIMan automatic mode to clear and clean out any old OpenCL/ATI CAL's. AMD uninstaller doesn't clean old OpenCL from the system properly.

However, I'll re-download and re-check the archive for correctness/corruption of the APP SDK/OpenCL components.

Just give me overnight...

::Edit::

Can't replicate the APP SDK failing to install issue. Tried 3 times, all installed and working every time.

However I did discover some minor errors on re-checking...

Fixed OS include tables install support in Windows 8 x64 for:

WMV Media Foundation Decoders.
    AVIVO64

Which probably wouldn't have worked (no problem on Vista/7)

I will also attempt to rectify the Windows 8 x64 CCC .NET 4 broadcast error at shutdown plaguing the original official legacy 12.6's and 13.1's fixed in my driver even though I don't have access to Win8 x64.

I'm going to attempt a workaround which may or may not work for those people affected by this problem. ( Doesn't happen on Windows 7 x64 due to .NET 3.5)

New upload @ main top link with these corrections tommorow...

:)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  20. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    The amount of effort you put into squashing bugs is noted and really appreciated by everyone, thanks again.

I've been getting a lot of .NET related issues these days....CCC installation package errors....XBMC freezing on exit....MotionJoy script errors....

I think i'm going to try .NET cleaner and see what happens.