Vehicles of Guru3D thread #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Glidefan, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    I'm probably going to run some 225-50-15's or 225-50-16's on a 10 so not to worried about tire options. Anything much wider would be overkill for my power output, I want to keep it fun.
    The L28ET probably won't output more than 250hp with the mods I am budgeting for. Its mainly a daily replacement and comfortable car.

As for the pipes, like that except without the Pikachu kink. :nerd:

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay so I said a while back that I would post some pics of my 89 crx si here she is:
    First this was my first crx and the "custom" job a drunk diver did to her BTW it was a 91 hf
    [​IMG]

This is my 91 and my 89 side by side when I got the 89 home for the first time
    [​IMG]

And this is the 89 after the 90-91 conversion and fresh paint
    [​IMG]

BTW The money shot or as I like to call it the engine
    [​IMG]

And yes the car still has working AC I live in Florida we don't have winter.

3. mechazawa

mechazawa Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070 SSC
    The car

[​IMG]

and the ruckus

[​IMG]

not for everybody, but i enjoy them.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You can't turn it lol. I love the Ruckus but have no use for one as I could not ride it anywhere (if I go anywhere I have to hit the Interstate and a ruckus would be death).

5. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Love the original CRX!

I had a 89 Civic dual carb, after that i wanted to get the ee8 CRX.
    Problem was that i couldn't find one that wasn't tuned to death,
    or in pristine state with a price tag that would make a Ferrari jealous.

Well, then i found my Integra DC2, now i'm all happy! :)

6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
  7. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    My precious, a 1996 730iL. I've been doing a lot of 'restoration' work on it - mostly just restoring bits of trim that need it and refreshing the motor somewhat;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Installed rear VIP curtains (tailor made for the car so they're a perfect fit and coloured to match the grey interior), upgraded the TV module to something more modern, and did a boatload of work on the motor with a lot more improvements to come. I also converted the rear fold-down armrest into a hidden drinks container too haha;

[​IMG]

:)

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    thats really classy, nice :)

9. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Absolutely!
    You could really act as a limo driver with that car...
    Hell, i'd get in for shure!

10. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    That BM "Trauble u" W (730) looks nice..

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Guys offtopic but, is the fuel consumption increases in Winter? how to minimize it in winter ffs..icant go even 400 Km with 65 lt fuel :(

12. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT

Step 1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_heater

Also. check that ur car engine temps goes high enough in winter. If doesnt, then ur car thermostat might be broken and car uses more fuel.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hmm. cant do that in here but.at least wait a bit in the car without moving the vehicle. and HEAT the engine..then move?

14. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Cold engine uses always more gas. Block heater warms engine coolant water so its like starting under palm trees even in -40*c =)

Engine heats faster when driving.. just using engine without driving woud be waste of fuel. .. If its really cold, u coud add something front of the engine coolant radiator, so engine warms faster. But when air gets warmer, u shoud remove it so engine doesnt go too warm. ( check engine temps when driving )
    Corrugated fiberboard is good for that.
    Most diesel cars use that in here at winter. modern Diesel engines doesnt get hot so fast.

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Diesels often don't get up to normal operating temperature at all here in the winter, leading to one cold driving experience as the electric extra heating is weak as **** on most modern cars. Some VW's are particularly plagued with this from what I've read.

That's perhaps one of the best things about my old Honda, the heating is excellent! Even in the blackest of winter the engine heats up pretty fast. I have a DEFA engine block heater mounted as well, but there is nowhere to plug it in in the parking lot I use.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    in my garage it is sometimes -5..thats all. i..i just think that this is crazy high consumption over months ago. i asked some people and they said this is normal in winter..well..okay -_-

ohh and my home to office takes not more than 20 min..mostly 10 min..so the vehicle/engine wont get HOT enough to take advantage of the HEAt i think.

in my ex Hond crv. i was starting seat heat while i was infront of home..and the HEAt was HOT enough when i was infront of office lol.

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I know here in the states they change the fuel additives for regular petro during the winter to improve atomization and a few other things but still we use more fuel in winter time I know I see a 2-3 mpg difference between winter and summer in my civic.

Bigtime you may want to look into a block heater as another guru suggested if your seeing -5c that's about what 23-26F yeah block heater may not be a bad idea.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hmmm. i see..i guess there are some stuff to mix to fuel, or special fuels for this..true.. i use Shell..let me check if they have this kind of winter fuel or not ot a product that i can mix to fuel.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Remember I'm in the states and the EPA regulates all our fuel they reasently passed a law saying all fuel must have up to 10% ethanol in it, that's already claimed one fuel pump in my car as the seals weren't designed to handle ethanol.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    interesting..

i found out that there is Shell Fuel Save fuel..

http://www.shell.com.tr/products-services/on-the-road/fuels/fuelsave-tpkg/unleaded.html

it is in Turkish but well.. it is for UNLEADED or how u call it Fuel type..i will try that out..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.