GeForce 313.95 Beta Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AMD@OPA, Jan 28, 2013.

1. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I see that as an issue with Bethesda. Nearly all of their games are in a beta type phase and we buy to test the betas out. :p

2. Terbinator

Terbinator Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Titan
    On boot-up/ start. By time i've got to opening Chrome the driver caves and i'm greeted with a black screen.
    See above.

3. udda

udda Guest

GPU:
    evga gtx680
    same her with beta .95 and the new .96! crash and reboot directly when the driver is updated.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    just played some skyrim after your posting and no problems for me.

5. jimbobjames

jimbobjames Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 8800GTS 640Mb
  6. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    TIP:
    That or disable Windows from installing drivers automatically "Google", otherwise Win 8 will install a 304 series driver on top of what you just installed off the internet, causing all kinds of night mares.

These drivers have been rock solid here. No issues in any games installed. First driver since the 306.97 to not have minor issues.

Will keep for now.

7. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    I've narrowed it down to sli for me. If sli is disabled then game starts normally. Soon as I enable sli the trouble begins. Someone mind posting the latest sli bit so I can compare and eliminate that possibility? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  8. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I am on windows 7 using surround setup with 3 monitors, there is an issue with the confine taskbar to center display.

Any one using triple monitors experienced that ?

Also how are these drivers with windows 8?
    Is the task bar centered with these drivers and windows 8?

9. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Done trying to figure these drivers out. Back to 310.70's - Which work fine btw.

10. DribbelDog

DribbelDog Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 FE SLI
    I actually had the same problem at first. Turned out that it was the EVGA Precision OSD which made the game crash here. So if anyone has the same problem: turn off the OSD in EVGA Precision (and perhaps MSI Afterburner has the same problem).

SLI Scaling with 2 670's in Crysis 3 is just... not there. Perhaps they really just optimized it for the 690 for now. Usage on my primary card is about 99% and on my secondary it's about 4-5%.

Other than that, great drivers so far as far as I can tell. Far Cry 3 is really smooth and I happened to be playing the Wither 2 lately, and performance seems vastly improved (even though it wasn't all that bad to begin with); from around 80-90 fps to 120-130 fps in some areas (which is very welcome since I'm a 120Hz gamer).

11. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I saw in the release notes that D3D clamping is not supported on Fermi or later. I thought it used to work on these graphics cards as well but maybe I was wrong. Doubt it though, because it seems my LOD bias setting is also broken and I'm positive that worked in D3D before.

12. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090

Thanks for the info, i tried once again and it was still the same. sli looked like it was -badly- working as gpu usage varied between 30-40% on each gpu (i use ab and g510 for real time monitoring) and fps were still under 30. But it looks like the 313.xx sets have been removed from the nv download page and do not show up in nvupdate for a good reason probably. Will wait for the next set

Edit- Nope, didn't try to compare them but should have

13. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Their is something wrong with these drivers for me. I know Guildwars 2 has just had a patch but.... before the patch/driver everything ran smooth. Never dipped below 60 and judder free (310.70's). Now though the game seems to stutter and not seem smooth even though it reads 60 at all times via Afterburner.

I'm gonna go back to the 310.70 and report back as if it was this driver or the patch...

EDIT: It's not the patch! It's this driver. Btw I'm not overclocked on gfx. No stutter or un-smoothness with 310.70.

14. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    That really seems to be SLI related then, I just played again and it's smooth as silk (considering GW2 standards) with just one card. Or maybe it's the AO change, have both of you enabled Ambient Occlusion maybe? And did you try the new smooth VSync option? And have the SLI bits changed?

15. FiShBuRn

FiShBuRn Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 690
    is this driver better than the last quadro?

16. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    For your GTX 690 it should be, or else NVIDIA is doing something horribly wrong.

17. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Saw the 313.96 set on nvupdate and gave it a go even tho i did not see it on their website. I'm glad to say that it fixes the GW2 issues with 313.95's and performance seems to be back to normal. I'm glad cause they seem pretty good with farcry 3 as well.

18. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I did not change AO ever. Any driver. I don't use VSync either driver. Yet their was stutter in this driver and not the other I mentioned.

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    LIKE I said before. Clamping worked PERFECTLY before.

Then people complained about not being able to NLOD SGSSAA in DX11.

So Nvidia 1UP'd that and made it ****ing automatic and completely broke Clamping in the process. Now the rest of us who don't need/want NLOD most of the time have to suffer.

Who knows if they will ever bother to fix it or not.:stewpid:

20. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    It still works, it just has a dummy control now. Setting it to Allow in NVCP and not touching anything in NV inspector still works automatically i have tested this in Serious Sam 3. Setting it anything other than Auto/0.000 will force a constant NLOD value for finer-tuning. Why would you want to CLAMP NLOD but still apply SGSSAA? its a blurry damn mess. The reason clamp is there is for compatibility with some engines not handling Negative LOD correctly. but now that you have the options to adjust it yourself, this need not apply.