AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA (12.100.0 January 1) Unofficial

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Your post is totally contributing to this 13.2 Beta driver.

About frametime latency, has anyone tried Afterburner and found its numbers accurate?

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    No, they dropped it because of what I said. I read Anet developer posts etc. It would have delayed the game even longer, and it just wasn't an option. They have plans to bring DX11 to the game still. If they execute that plan though is still a mystery.

I don't know what kind of performance those complaining are expecting, but Nvidia is struggling with GW2 badly. Just one of my HD 7970's can pull 60+ FPS everywhere, unless its WvW in Eternal Battlegrounds or LA (Any major city in any MMO drops FPS, even WoW on its old engine and FFXI). It will dip into the mid-high 30's then. That is completely maxed out. I turn Crossfire on, I don't see below the low 50's in EB WvW.

It is true though, that Nvidia is having FPS issues with the game, and SLI cripples it even more.

AMD on the other hand has huge gains at least with the HD 7 series and GW2. They have a benchmark on Anets site that shows HD 7 series on the top, ex. HD 7970. So anybody that is really thinking about GW2 as their main MMO, or even main gaming title, should consider an AMD HD 7 series card for sure.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Gu...ormance-Chart-Released-By-ArenaNet-46036.html

This is also OLD, and newer drivers such as this very set improve the FPS and IQ even more.

I probably wont get to do this till the weekend, but I will as soon as I get the chance.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  3. Didusieq

Didusieq Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GF RTX 3080
    Noticed a great performance decrease when playing Portal 2. Especially in maps with a lot of fast moving objects. Huge FPS drops. I had Vsync enabled and sometimes FPS goes to 100+ (should be 60), and sometimes cant play because of 20 FPS.

4. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Have a generic Query.

I am utilizing 12.11 (Beta something), the drivers are running fine with no issues till date on my AMD 6950 2GB card.

So does 13.2 drivers cut the cake?, is it worth it to update my drivers to this one which has frame latency fix for some of the games (fix was reported for 79xx series I guess).

5. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    Nvm i got it wrong*

6. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    See Red

7. mamboboy

mamboboy Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950
    I'm getting an 'Install Package Failure' error when it gets to the AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding part of the installation.
    Ran driver cleaners, CCleaner, installed .Net 4.5. Totally out of ideas now!

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    This is only for 7xxx

9. mamboboy

mamboboy Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950
    I have a 7950... just forgotten to update my profile (will do it now)

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The GCN architecture fixes are but the drivers probably work on any supported hardware (Older hardware shouldn't need those latency fixes anyway.) I installed it to try it but it works really well so far.

The official beta release should be even better (Of course I have no idea how it would be on older hardware, 12.11 was apparently a bit problematic there.) though I imagine there will be several releases just as with 12.11 so there's bound to still be some bugs and other issues that needs to be worked out before WHQL. :)
    (Same with whatever 13.x driver that includes the memory stuff.)

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    my point was it was specifically made for 7xxx, for tech reports to test with, god knows what it will do on earlier cards.

Maybe it will work great, maybe it will cause your rig to implode. Who knows.

i don't recommend installing it on earlier cards. wait for the official.

12. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Well, I can safely say this set doesn't make my 5650m implode, nor did 13.1 WHQL, unlike every rendition of 12.11 betas which BSOD-ed my laptop on every startup after installing any one of them.

13. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    wow, stop reading random internet forum garbage and go learn something. DX9 on pc and xbox 360 isnt even the same version, ps3 uses opengl. I also suppose the hundreds of pc exclusive games using dx9 is because of the two consoles right? Its all a bunch of nonsense created by the marketing push dx11 is getting and the internet warriors. They tried the same thing with dx10 back when crysis and halo 2 were released, but vista failed so hard they were at dx11 before people were happy with windows 7. To be fair dx11 is improved in many ways over dx9, but until recently I would target dx9 first. It doesnt make marketing sense to try and make people upgrade to play your game (unless you are targeting a certain audience like battlefield 3 did), and the market is still largely on cards with no dx11 support. On top of all that, lower end cards with dx11 support play dx9 fine but struggle with dx10/11 most of the time. Anyway, dx10/11 is slowly becoming the norm.. it just takes time. Nobody is turning on a switch to force everyone to drop the api/game engine they have been using for years, but at some point dev teams will have to move on to remain relevant. DX11 was released at the end of 2009 and was expensive to upgrade too at first, so now at the begininng of 2013 you expect everyone to have dx11 hardware and developers to target it?
    But ya, its the good old internet forum religion of blaming consoles for everything.

14. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    I appear to have hit a major snag..

After Installing the 13.2 BETA everything went fine - until there was a sudden crash
    during a FarCry3 session - sound froze and then I lost all control of input - screen went
    black and no amount of CTRL-ALT_DEL attempts wouldn't retrieve the TaskManager..

Started up in Safe Mode (with Networking) with a view to removing drivers, but when
    I attempted to remove the CCC via the Uninstaller in Programs and Features in Control Panel
    I got a message saying that no AMD software is detected..

On reboot the screen is showing vertical green stripes - I have only limited control and screen resolutions are not as they should be,
    though I suspect that this due to the limitations of the on-board GFX - I am unable to use AERO as well..

So, in desperation - I ran the AMD software removal tool - which I discovered on their site, and although this has
    removed the drivers, folders and software, etc - I can't get rid of the green lines - there's corruption right through the POST screen and I have no idea what to do next..

I have tried to re-load the 13.2 driver but system hangs when I get to the Windows start-up screen..
    I may have tried to re-install the 13.1 WHQL over the 13.2 BETA - would this have caused the problem?

It seems that I may have to remove some specific element from the borked driver, before I can retry..

- can anyone help?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    lines on the post screen would not be caused by the drivers, they havent loaded yet.

This is a hardware issue

remove the card and reseat it.

see if that helps.

16. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    I had to do a system restore after using amd uninstall utility. It messed up my WiFi drivers and didn't even correctly remove all the amd software using windows 8. Everything seems fine now after a system restore, no bsod or any issues anymore on my 5850m. Dishonored feels awesome now as long as textures are medium, and guild wars 2 feels really smooth at around medium settings. Not bad for a 3 year old laptop.

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    again, that would not effect the post screen.

18. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    ya you are right, didnt realize it was happening before windows loaded.

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Vertical green stripes are a telltale sign of your graphics card going south due to overheating; haven't seen one since my 8800GT days.
    I forgot which part would be the overheated one though, but it's either the GPU or VRAM.

20. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    If you turn off the power with the power supply rocker switch and leave it off for 5 minutes, then power back on and you still have green stripes in POST, if a reseat of the card and cables doesn't help, then it's dead..RMA time, sorry..