Official AMD Uninstallation Utility!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Derko1, Jan 18, 2013.

1. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Have you ever thought that maybe those files dont have to be deleted?

The maker of driver sweeper has more knowledge than AMD engineers?

2. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    Guess I'm anal but hate useless files and unused/orphan registry entries on my computer. My problem.

3. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Go send money to the creators of pc optimization software. They lie more than pinocchio.

4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    ATIMAN is pretty good. When I used it the first time It was of course bad, however I later found out the version I used at that time, was known to be unstable so I got the latest version of ATIMAN which is called v.7.0.2 and It did its job without causing any errors. Oh, just so you know, Driver Sweeper will not remove everything, it does leave some files behind. So if you ever notice you are having driver related problem that an uninstall should of fix, then you should try ATIMAN.

5. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    Yeah works good on windows 7 but not on windows 8 so if you are on 8 don't use this.

6. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    it messed up my wifi drivers pretty good, wiped out some registry entries and I had to just go ahead and do a system restore.

7. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Which post?

Which post?

Thanks

8. randomizer

randomizer Guest

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Reverting to older system restore. Killed my power options in Windows 8.

9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    if you disable UAC, run as administrator, there is no better uninstaller than atiman's 7.0.2...it's a professional work...not something lucky...works in all windows versions... :) if you have problems then you made mistakes...cheers!

just run automatic (A) it will clean every thing...and don't forget (C) after reboot

10. Balazsryche

Balazsryche Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7850 2GB
    This utility just killed my freshly installed Windows 7 x64 yesterday when I tried to uninstall 13.1. The operation was succesfull, but after the reboot, the OS never loaded again, neither normal or safe mode. Tried to repair it from the disc, no luck. I had to install Win again. :( Never had a single problem with driver sweeper.

11. kerranG.

kerranG. Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    This screwed up my SO (w8). AMD seems to be trolling us, nevermind...

12. Someguy316

Someguy316 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5850 2GB
  13. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I've hardly ever had an issue using the uninstaller in the driver package. These things always cause issues.

14. kerranG.

kerranG. Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
  15. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Probably because that was just made nearly before the weekend, you'll have to wait til next week. Patience is hard. I'm sure you work weekends too and respond on forums and twitter during the weekend and take your work home and live and breathe work, because an uninstaller is more important than anything else in your life.

Would have been nice if AMD did Q/A this app better on Win8 though.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013

16. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    F*****g s**t, this thing just killed mine Windows 7 x64 installation. Windows cannot boot witn 7b BSOD. The same acts atiman uninstaller, so no normal cleaning utility for me, again :wanker:

17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    atiman's uninstaller (especially 7.0.2) cannot destroy anything because it has internal verification system for proper booting up.

18. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Watch your language and go grab a beer or something. And you're trolling. Nothing happens AT ALL on Window 7 from the latest atiman uninstaller! Used it many multiple times. It works perfectly fine. Any problems with the latest one are purely between the chair and monitor.

Older one had some issues with AMD chipset drivers where chipset stuff was screwed up, but that's been long fixed.

19. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    You can call me troll or anything you want me to be. I just gave you facts, that on mine system any atiman gave me broken system, but I always had a system restore point. But this time I decided, that AMD tool on completely AMD system will work just clean, but it didn't, which made me very angry :bang:. I don't know what do you do, but I am writing programs for anything, starting from Linux ending with iOS, and maybe I know alot more about computers than you do, mate.

20. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Don't use this... It made my computer not able to boot and any repairs just failed.
    It left my computer out of use for ages... Though it gave me an opportunity to install a SSD (which seems so odd in a computer this slow, was going to wait until other parts for new comp arrived).
    After going through the HDD, it still left plenty of folders with AMD/ATI stuff in them.
    It's worth noting that at first it blue screened, which I pretty much ignored and ran it again, after it asked to restart it didn't boot up again.
    EDIT: Win 7 x64