Lucid Virtu MVP - Quick question regarding Virtual VSync

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SlackerITGuy, Dec 30, 2012.

1. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Since MVP 2.0 was scheduled to debut at CES, has anybody seen any info on it? a video, an article? something?

2. click4dylan

click4dylan Guest

GPU:
    PNY Geforce GTX 580 1.5GB
    no and i have a feeling that those who have motherboards shipped with the original version will be required to pay for the new one, if it will even support older motherboards

3. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    I'll try later on my system i-Mode vs d-Mode to post the results for far cry 3 also.

4. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Still nothing out of CES regarding Virtu 2.0 ):

5. bioCor3

bioCor3 Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 670GTX
    Well the Z77 motherboards are pretty good. I've found that changing drivers also fixes the stutter problem in BF3. Sometimes a driver version needs a clean install or you just have to try another driver until it works right with your setup then stick with it if it has good FPS and IQ.

Overclocking the CPU to a decent clockspeed massively helps BF3 and also ensuring all your BIOS settings are correct. Sometimes slightly incorrect voltage or too high settings for things like PCH and other settings makes a few stability problems, so read up on other peoples settings at overclockers and other sights to get good advice and settings right. I noticed a huge improvement with the GTX 670 on Z77 with CPU speeds of 4.3GHz and above.

Having BF3 on a partition other than system partition, usually C:, (I like G: for games around 500GB), with BF3 one of the first games on that HDD/SSD. RAID0 is really good for loading times, even on HDD, and increases the amount of partition space when using SSD (mega fast load SSD RAID0).

With Origin, you can copy your BF3 to the partition you want (as well as other Origin games. Then install Origin to the new partition and set the Games Installation directory to games folder inside Origin on this new partition, then copy BF3 and any other Origin games into this games folder and install them again from in Origin. Because you have copied the game files already to the location you are now installing BF3 to, the download will go really fast because the files are already on the disc and don't have to be downloaded. It's a good idea to set Origin to keep the install files as these are actually just a couple of small files.

I also backup all my Origin games folders to an external hard disc so I can save time by not having to fully download them again from Origin if anything goes wrong.

With my current setup, even with stock CPU clocks, BF3 fine at ultra settings maxed out. With 4.6GHz or 4.7GHz on 3770k and the GTX 670 on ASUS Z77 games cain. A second GTX 670 seems almost overkill with just a 24" LED so I'm leaving it a little while longer to get a second card. Even 3200x1800 downsample resolution runs fine. I use a top notch Noctua heatsink and Corsair case with great cooling that is also whisper quiet for best effect and ye grande Corsair 850W PSU.

Yeah and make sure to update Intel HD graphics drivers. I haven't used Lucid in a while as it was a bit crap at first.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  6. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    You should try 307.74 drivers. Works great on my system. Hyperformace and Virtual vsync enabled. Running D-mode.

7. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
  8. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    d-Mode is best to use .......for discrete GPUs > than integrated graphics.....
    -------------------------------
    Try to delete the Lucidlogix Technologies program file's folder after 30.... then re.....( from Task Mgr :end process {Ekag20nt.exe} prior....)
    ASUS Patent Licensing for LucidLogix is still a ???

Bought mine Z68 M/B.....Trial still...

Apparently Virtu MVP (lucidLogix) best for video encoding......(conversion)...
    [​IMG]....weird (when check for update says : already up to date)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  9. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Wow, thanks for the heads up, quick question, in Battlefield 3, do you have to enable VSync in game in order to run the Virtual VSync?

10. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Yes mate.

Vsync on ingame, Virtual Vsync on in Lucid MVP.

As ive stated before it works awesome untill the game crashes. Keep an eye on your vram usage, with Lucid running its signficantly higher and theres a memory leak which eventually leads to a crash (for me anyway as well as many others)

Dont know about this new 2.0 if its fixed, but when I emailed Lucid support they were aware of the issue.

11. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Just tried MVP 2.0, v-sync problem is fixed on the latest drivers (using 313.96 on i-mode)!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  12. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    So, I've been trying MVP 2.0 mostly on GW2 lately. :)

I'm getting much better performance in I-mode than in D-mode, with the latter showing some visual artifacts, while I-mode is just perfect (v-vsync and hyperformance on).

I've also been using 313.96, but I've tested today with 314.07 and they are working 100%.

I've also tested I-mode MVP vs D-mode MVP vs no MVP with the framerate cap at 60 (regular windowed mode), and the GPU usage to achieve that framerate is lowest in I-mode MVP (so the GPU has to work less for the same outcome), so the benefits of MVP are indeed tangible for me.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  13. MrMentor

MrMentor Guest

GPU:
    ATI
  14. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Hate posts are really not needed. I've read those articles a long time ago (when they were posted), and most bugs have been dealt with.

I've found out that most people ditching MVP haven't even tried the software themselves. Have you?

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm thinking of trying it out, although I have an ATI card, being in the wrong section.

Anyhow, Vbs, I was hoping you could help me out a bit.

All I want to ask you is - is it worth it? My main interest is in the Virtual Vsync, maintaining good fps with reduced screen tearing.

I could see you helped out slickric21 with it and he came out happy - maybe I will be too? :D

16. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Virtual V-sync is definitely worth it.

To understand why, first read this article page to understand what is a proper triple-buffering implementation, with 2 paralell back-buffers: http://www.anandtech.com/show/2794/2

Unfortunately, that triple-buffering implementation is only available currently on OpenGL. Direct3D games use a different one: instead of having 2 parallel backbuffers, Direct3D creates a buffer queue, where the buffers are placed in serial, one after another (commonly known as a "frame queue"), so instead of the front-buffer being swapped for the back-buffer containing the most recently completed fully rendered frame, it is just swapped to the previous one in the queue - and this is where input lag comes from.

What Virtual Vsync does is implementing a proper triple-buffering technique in Direct3D, that's why it doesn't have input lag (contrary to using e.g., D3DOverrider).

They have a 30 day evaluation on all their software, your best bet is to try and see! :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  17. JLevi

JLevi Member

GPU:
    Nope
    Has anyone managed to activate Lucid MVP on a Z68-board?

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ok. Thanks for the reply. :) I'll give it a look. (when needed:D)

19. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    I'm using a Z68 board, but as far as I know only Z77 boards were OEM licensed to use with MVP.

I did buy the MVP 2.0 from them, so I got a license key to activate it. :)

20. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    @Vbs, can you please tell me how did you set up Virtu's virtual vsync with GW2? I'm trying the i-mode but won't work. I put onboard as primary GPU in BIOS, and in Virtu control panel I added gw2.exe and put d-mode. Also enabled ingame vsync and fullscreen. Using latest Virtu MVP and Intel HD drivers, and Nvidia 314.21.

EDIT: solved. Problem was the SweetFX injector.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013