Nvidia HDMI Full Range and Limited Toggler Tool

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Penal Stingray, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    I found this tool to set hdmi black level to limited (16-235) or Full RGB (0-255) with one click of a button make sure you restart your computer and also make sure ur PC monitor supports Full RGB if not you will get Crushed Blacks. you will notice your colors will get richer and blacks gets inky if your monitor supports it.

I am using Sammy 27 inch and for those Samsung newer model users set your HDMI Black level to normal from low after toggling to Full RGB.

Link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/Nvidia-RGB-Full-Limited-Range-Toggler.shtml

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    I'd be interested to know how it actually works. Is there some hidden driver setting for it or does it change something else. By the description it sounds like the latter.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Browse this (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=371214) thread.

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013

5. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
  6. Mangix

Mangix Guest

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I got to say these tools helped me alot.

sense I been using them, colors on my monitor look great.

8. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I used the avsforum one and my computer actually does look better on my TV now.

I didn't realize how the compression of limited RGB was ruining it, its hard to describe but the picture somehow looks sharper, probably due to having more colors to render individual pixels?

9. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    Exactly. Anyone can check with this image (in full size):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/nuker43/inputlag/TintBlueRGB.png?t=1287963155

If you see Magenta and Red words blurry, then you have RGB compression. If looks sharp and clear, you are using Full RGB correctly.

10. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 3070M

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    The text not the color. Did you reboot? Further, how is anyone supposed to help you when you posted the equivalent of 'car broke, fix'. Give us more details on your system. Particularly, display and how it is connected or are you actually trying this on a laptop?

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Try changing your HDMI black levels in your monitor's settings from low to normal.

13. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 3070M
    It's a Sony 3D Display and there's no setting for high low black level. I also hooked it up to a Samsung TV with the high/low black setting and it didn't do anything; still blurry red/magenta text. There's a visible difference between limited and full, full has darker black levels and better colors, but the red text is still blurry. I know this is due to the compressed RGB, but how do I make it not compressed?

14. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You Sir are a genius! I would have never thought to do that. Now everything looks great. Both on my monitor and my LED tv.

Thank you. :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  15. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    heavy hermi is that you on your avatar?

16. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    i used the tool and what to select on NVIDIA control panel RGB or YCb...on digital format ?

17. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    Change Input Label to HDMI-PC. It's explained in the TV manual. :bang:

18. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    i was just reading another thread and someone mentioned the IQ debate about Quadros vs Geforce drivers. I know with this full RGB tweak, the IQ looks better (more shades of colors ends up making the image look better).

Do quadro drivers enable full RGB by default? This would explain why some people swear they look better...

19. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    this is very interesting, i know the full range is on for my desktop because i was able to switch to full range in the TV settings. But it looks like my browser is still showing compressed, because that pic is blurry?

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Only those with IPS panels can see the difference between Quadro and Geforce drivers. It doesn't enable this by default.