Windows not loading Nvidia drivers on occasion.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Varna, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Varna

Varna Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Having a strange issue with my PC. Recently got a new MOBO/CPU so a fresh install of Windows 7 was a given. After everything was good and running I started having an issue... every once in a while windows would not load the nvidia drivers. It would just boot as if I had no drivers installed. I tried reinstalling but the issue persist. A quick restart fixes this but it's obviously not something normal.

Anyone have a similar experience?

2. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    I am not certain but I actually have somethign similar occur too every once and a while.

How frequently does this occur for you?

This has remained the same for me even though gfx cards, RAM, and PSU has changed.

3. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
  4. Varna

Varna Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Thanks. Lots of those guys had the same card as me too.

5. MarcusarilliuS_

MarcusarilliuS_ Member

GPU:
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 670's
    Same here with 2x 670's. Installed last night.
    Went to watch a 3D movie so had to disable SLI because TMT5 doesn't play 1920x1080 res with SLI enabled for some strange reason, it sets res to 1440x1050 so 3D doesn't work.

Anyway, as soon as I disabled SLI got a BSOD, then the really odd part, when I restarted I had no GPU drivers installed, and on top of that, which is really odd, no network drivers.

So I reinstalled gpu and network drivers and everything seemed ok, then did a cold boot this morning and GPU drivers are gone again. Network is untouched this time though.

As these issues only started happening yesterday I can assume it's the 310.90 drivers as other folks here are experiencing similar issues(minus the missing network)