screen Resoloution surround vs eyefinity help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by -GI-Joel, Jan 7, 2013.

1. -GI-Joel

-GI-Joel Member

GPU:
    ati6950 unlocked 900/1400
    Hi all

Just bought a 660ti 2gb to replace my 6950. I mainly play FSX on 3 screens at a res of 5040 -1050 on my ati 6950. I swapped out as i was getting ****e shader performance. ATI doesnt like shader 3.0 and artifacts all over the show. Since swapping out to the 660ti I cant get a res 5040 -1050! Max I can now get is 3840-1024 also the screen spanning seems to stretch and warp the display. Artifacts have gone but now the stretch squashness is making my **** itch. Any ideas on this would be great. Cheers :bang:

2. trevorjpearson

trevorjpearson Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Hey Joel,
    The Nvidia control should let you get the native resolution. Double check that first. The resolution your stuck at is a 3:4 resolution (fullscreen). There might be a checkbox somewhere that toggles full or wide screen.
    Otherwise it sounds like a driver issue. Update your video card driver. if that doesn't help, unplug the other 2 monitors and see if you can get your native resolution on those.

3. -GI-Joel

-GI-Joel Member

GPU:
    This is weird. All my displays are set to native 1920-1080 x2 and 1680-1050 x1. This should span to 5040-1050. when I click on the enable button the surround goes to 3840-1024 with a refresh of 75hz. It seems to go by the higher refresh but doesnt give the option to drop down the refresh rate to 60hz which I presume would give the option to select the resolution of 5040-1050. I have also updated my driver with no change to my problem.

4. -GI-Joel

-GI-Joel Member

GPU:
    Guys, Im not getting anywhere with this problem. When I switch from multi display over to surround the highest res I can select is 3840-1024@75hz. I would like to have 5040-1050@60hz but nvidia control panel is not seeing this resolution. Its really making my poo itch. Anyone got any advice? Cheers Joel.

Thanks to trev for the response:)

5. trevorjpearson

trevorjpearson Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Nvidia surround has a requirement that all monitors need to be the same (resolution and refresh rate). Maybe Nvidia will release drivers that will get this to work some day.

Some people have tricked windows into using the same driver for all monitors with some success. I guess it could work but could also cause a lot of new problems.
    I think you can use MonInfo to copy one driver and force another monitor to use it. Here's a link to a guy that explains the process.
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1697040
    I would google this fix some more before trying it. Unless some other Guru has used the wrong driver for a monitor before.

I think the only other solution is to sell and buy monitors until you have 3 of the same res/refresh.

Take luck.

6. -GI-Joel

-GI-Joel Member

GPU:
    The link provided with the info worked a treat. I can now game in 5040-1050.

Cheers Trev.:flip2:

7. 907rider

907rider Guest

GPU:
    2x Asus 680GTX-T 2gb
    I'm having a similar issue but with some difference's, i have a 680 GTX "TOP" from Asus. I too am trying to mainly run FSX, and use the nvidia "surround" feature. Here's my problem, i have 3 monitors 2 are brand new and one is about 1 year old, they are even all of the same brand but the older one is a slightly different model. Two are hooked up via DVI and one is via HDMI, all 3 screens have a native resolution of 1920x1080, they even all have the same refresh rate. When not in "surround" mode they all work flawlessly in their native resolutions, but as soon as i try to use "surround" mode the highest total resolution nvidia control panel will allow me is 5040x1050, and everything looks like complete ****. :bang:

Am i off my rocker in thinking that the res should be 5760x1080?!?

I have all the latest drivers and such, i also have tried setting my own custom res in the nvidia control panel but nvidia has locked that out when surround is enabled.

any ideas on how to get these working without having to try the "tricking" idea?