7870 not detecting surround(HDMI) until reboot

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by dirthurts, Dec 19, 2012.

1. dirthurts

dirthurts Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Not sure what's causing this.
    I switch between my monitor/speakers and my TV/surround system with a receiver.
    When I switch to the TV, I'm not getting audio until I reboot the system.
    Any ideas as to what is going on?
    It used to work perfectly.

2. dirthurts

dirthurts Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Anyone have a way of forcing the detection at least?

3. Blackwolf41

Blackwolf41 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7870
    Im getting the same thing, Switching from Surround Sound to my Headset . The Playback Device has Problems when I try to open it. I go into the CCC and I see the Default Audio Device and switch it over sometimes, I dont know why there has to be a Audio Device for youre card I just find that Stupid. I also get Static while using the Headset Playing World of Tanks , but no Static when I play it with the Surround sound. My other Games sound just fine using the Headset so I dont have a Clue. Im running the 12.8 Drivers also. Thank You PS Please be nice and Help this Old Fart out

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Had the same problem until I updated the HDMI Audio driver in device manager

A simple Right click > update driver worked fine for me

Before updating I was getting a "Not connected / Unplugged" error in sound manager

5. Blackwolf41

Blackwolf41 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7870
    Im not running HDMI Audio Because All I have is a Plane Jane 19" Montor , but I tried it anyway, didnt Help I still have to reboot to get it to Switch from Surround Sound to Headset. I spoke with XFX and he said this was a First for Him. He also said that CCC would not have anything to do with this Problem and I should Install the 12.10 Drivers because they were Design for this Card Hum. I geuss I have something to do this Weekend now.

6. Moegames

Moegames Guest

I have some audio issues as well with driver 12.11 latest betas...if my computer goes to sleep while i leave the room for a while ..while playing music or something..when i come back and awake the computer to use..the sound is playing but cant hear it and it automatically switches to another audio digital device which i do not even have connected. I only had this issue when i went to the 12.11 driver so maybe that is the issue..not sure yet.

I must reboot in order for the sound to be working again.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
  7. Blackwolf41

Blackwolf41 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7870
    Hello Moegames I was Wondering if you came up with a Fix to youre Problem

8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Same problem here....I just unplug hdmi for a second...no reboot.

9. Blackwolf41

Blackwolf41 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7870
    I noticed when my Monitor went to Sleep, and woke back up I was having problem switching from Surround Sound to my Headset so I decided to do a Little experiment two night ago, I change the display time on my Monitor from 1 Hour to never just to see If that work. So far no Problems. But I would Really like to know why this is Happening, Maybe a MOBO Bios Udate ?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Updated video driver and audio issues are gone, I can now switch from hdtv channel's(football game) and hdmi imput1(my pc) and still have sound....Yeee-Haw!!!

11. Blackwolf41

Blackwolf41 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7870
    12.10 or 12.11

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  13. Blackwolf41

Blackwolf41 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7870
    Ran the 12.10 Drivers and didnt help, Monitor wakes up from Sleep Mode and playback Device will not open, Strange.

14. ccorkin

ccorkin Guest

GPU:
    Ati Firepro v8800 2Gb
    I had a similar problem, but found I has a defective HDMI cable (which was a cheap branded cable), so bought a high quality cable from Richer Sounds and work fine.

15. Blackwolf41

Blackwolf41 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7870
    I dont understand it , I ran the 5770 and never had a Problem with the System . Maybe I should just go down and buy an HD Monitor to see If that would fix it