Crysis 3 vs Aliens :CM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SLI-756, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Crysis or Aliens?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2013.
  1. Crysis 3

37 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Aliens :Colonial Marines

48 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Should be Aliens, but it looks way too easy, and sounds like a shooting gallery more than a survival experience from everything I've seen and read. Also, quotes like this don't exactly inspire confidence. "We actually wanted it to be a very accessible experience"

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    If Gearbox was not behind it i would agree with you as Aliens vs Predator was average at best.

I think Gearbox will do a good job on the Co-op.

3. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Did you mean Brothers In Arms? Gears of War was made by Epic.

4. colorblindnejc

colorblindnejc Guest

GPU:
    HD5770
    Id like to say Aliens but Im going with Crysis. Remembering Gearbox associates me with the following ideas: Console style gameplay, zero immersion, simplification, lots of talks about gameplay which becomes nothing more than a few animations... Oh, and need I say Duke Nukem Forevah? :)

I like their older stuff... No wait, I really --really-- like their older stuff (specially Half Life related and BiA) but as the "next-gen" came all of their games look the same to me - made for consoles and badly ported.

Really hoping Aliens will be done right but from the video material so far... Im getting the above mentioned cons back in my mind... :\

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I'm going to say Aliens :Colonial Marines, just because I'm hoping it'll bring a refreshing change and slightly reminds me of the way great games like doom 3 or quake 4 made me feel.

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I put much time into Crysis 2 both campaign & MP, Crysis 3 looks more of the same so i'm just not too fussed tbh, however i've never played any Aliens game before and i've just recently become a big fan of Gearbox.
    Also Crytek dropped the ball with WarFace, something i'm pissed about, and one thing's for sure ea isn't getting any more pre-orders from me.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    No i didnt realise that and ive never played it but i know alot of people rate it.

For some reason i always thought it as made by Gearbox.
    Anyhow thanks for letting me know because i would have continued to believe it was made by Gearbox.

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Aliens: Colonial Marines. now, how is this going to be on PC, another dumbed down console port? will it support DX11? i can't mind much info on it... looks cool though, and after the let down of Crysis 2 i'm not looking forward to C3.

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Just look at the user accesibility in Borderlands2, we have a config file, we can disable blur & AA, we can adjust FOV and remember the love letter from Claptrap to us PC users.
    Gearbox took PhysX by the balls, who else has ever done that? And yes even though BL2 is dx9 is it really missing anything? I just love BL2 and for this reason i'm right behind Gearbox's next outing.

10. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    A few months back i would have said Aliens easily, however the more i see of it the more i think it looks very boring and it just doesn't seem to play as i would have hoped (the recent trailers look frankly terrible in gameplay terms).

As such i'm gonna have to go with Crysis 3 (but i really hope i'm wrong on Aliens).

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Crysis 3 is already bought and it looks fantastic. It looks like a mix from Warhead + C2.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Aliens: Colonial Marines

I'm seriously looking forward to both. But, I'm a huge Aliens fan. And from what I've seen/been told about the game... it sounds completely awesome.

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    sounds good. no biggie without DX11, because really, what does it bring to the table, not a whole lot really... sometimes if a dev uses it to it's potential but how offten does that happen....

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Gearbox also said that Borderlands 2 is only a small step in the right direction when it comes to PC games options and settings.

15. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    I too am seriously looking forward to both, and while I have great love for Crysis, I've got to admit a well done Aliens game is hard to beat!

Bring 'em both on!

16. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Crysis 3.

I`d love to say I looked forward to Aliens Colonial Marines more. But when I think of how scripted evented it will be.... when I read that since a few gamers can`t handle a 1st person Alien experience, so MILLIONS are gonna be forced to play it in kiddie asscam 3rd pov mode instead of the Devs allowing for both 3rd pov AND 1st person.... not to mention kiddie Alien Variant additions such as the vaunted Crusher, and the Boiler.... and these are just a few things we know about.... well I can`t get excited by these things.

Not to mention the utter errogance of GearBox/Pitchford. I`d have felt better if there was less back patting/high fiving "oh look what WE are doing... aren`t WE special" going on, and more "Egads I hope we do the material justic and blow Aliens Fans minds with this release. We`ll do our best".

So far Crysis 3 looks to be delivering a pretty immersive Next Gen visuals experience. As for A CMs, it`s better to hope for the best, plan for the worst. Take AVP 2010 as a good example. Rebellion INVENTED Aliens games. And with 2010 AVP, they STILL fell on their faces.

17. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    This for me was a major off putter aswell, when i saw the MP video with the Aliens in 3rd person i was shocked (and not in a good way), no way should they have done that.

I mean people really had issues with the Aiiens in 1st person?

18. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    what??? that's the stupides thing i have ever heard of! marines play in 1st person and aliens play in 3rd person? wtf. i might have to reconsider mu thoughts on this game now... wtf where they thinking...

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I could care less about that.
    I'm going into Aliens for the single player alone. I don't care about the MP. I want the story campaign.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Neither really, but Crysis 3 if i had to pick as that will at from what i've heard that will at least make an attempt at being open world, while from what i've saw of Colonial Marines it will just be another linear, repetitive FPS that has the Aliens name tacked on.
    It doesn't help that i have not properly liked a single game Gearbox has ever made.

Visually they are worlds apart as well, unless i have missed something then Colonial Marines is just another UE3 game, and while that is my all round favourite engine, it is really showing its age now.