i fixed the 99% issue!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Direwind, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Josefkaner

Josefkaner Guest

GPU:
    Visiontech 5970
    Ok, so after enabling/disabling amd.exe it finally stopped again.....this is so weird! As silly as it sounds, I'm just going to leave my computer on from now on! Only seems to jump back up to 99% after rebooting!

2. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC

This 99% issue has been present for months during several drivers revisions. I don't remember it causing real problems except a little more heat and electricity consumption. Though, I thought they had fixed it for good now... I think the Radeon HD5xxx et HD6xxx series where more plagued with this issue than other series (Not sure)

ANYHOW...
    SUGGESTION OR FIX :

No need to leave your computer ON.
    When you boot your computer and the second card is stuck at 99% usage ---> Run any FULLSCREEN game that will use the second card, and EXIT the game... The second card really should downclock to its normal idle state.

That always worked for me during the time the drivers were causing this issue

I hope you wont be frustrated or bothered by simply running and exiting a 3D application, because it's more than easy and quick to do and for once, we have a way to circumvent an issue... unlike many software issues where the customers just don't have any known ways to fix the problems.

Cheers !!!

(also, you can report this issue (one more time) to AMD using their form report but be sure to have the latest drivers available for your card, otherwise they most probably won't consider any bug reports from outdated or not 'officially' supported drivers)

3. Isbre

Isbre Guest

GPU:
    290X Matrix H2O
    Is 99% bug back again with latest drivers? And on what series? I am 100% sure I dont't have it at least.

4. Josefkaner

Josefkaner Guest

GPU:
    Visiontech 5970
    And.....it's back! Took your advice and opened up ASC 3 as soon as windows loaded and both gpu's are still at 98-99%.......... :( About to sell my 5970 and just buy a 7870.

5. Josefkaner

Josefkaner Guest

GPU:
    Visiontech 5970
    Since I still have my XFX 5850 I decided to re-install that card. Unfortunately.....it's doing the same thing now! I give up...

6. Shadow786

Shadow786 Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 6870 Stock
    Yeah you're not alone I have always been getting it until that temporary fix you mentioned earlier. running on a fresh install of win8 with latest beta drivers only.