Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Does your game crash with SLI when using AFR2? That's only issue I've noticed, using AFR1 the game is fine, but it cuts my framerate in half when using it. There defiantly are issues with SLI and this game. Have you said anything at the official forums about it? As they're pretty good at including fixes for the issues addressed there in the patches they've released so far.

2. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    After a lot of tweaking it's fairly optimized at best. But considering the low draw distance, major texture/vegetation pop-in and low-quality AO, the game should never dip below 50-60fps on a good SLI rig.

What about when there is action (gunfire, exposions, fire) on-screen? My fps drops from 60 to as low as 30 at these times. Are you running DX9 or DX11? PostFX on Ultra? What SLI bits are you using?

Stable with AFR2 on my system.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Hmmm. Interesting, what drivers you using? Inspector tweaks? Any game tweaks?

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    When i played on my SSD the game ran even better then my previous 6970 videocard.

Now back to my normal 7200rpm hdd the game runs much slower.

I believe someone else said the same, that he installed it later on SSD and he gained almost 20fps?

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Uninstalled, feck this crap.

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I play in DX9. 1080p forcing 4x SGSSAA. Inspector settings here.

My FPS is 70-80 when running around. Dips to 60 during action. Never seems to go below 60. Seems pretty ridiculous to be dropping that low, to be honest. Guess it depends on what settings you're using. You have to avoid letting this game drop below 60 because once it does, it seems to stutter and run even worse than what the frame rate seems to indicate. 60 Feels like 60. 50 Feels like 20.

Worth noting that in my GamerProfile, I completely disable FXAA (dont need it) and SSAO (looks ugly in this game - I prefer it off - saves on performance too) under PostFX. I also disable CloudShadows because.... I don't think it does anything except eat frames.

I think it actually ran better in DX11 but the AA modes in DX11 are bleh. I have the game capped at 120 FPS, and here is a screenshot in DX11 with just 4x MSAA. Still at my cap.

7. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    What AO flag is being used for this in nvidia inspector? I just noticed mine is auto set for dragon age 2. Is that correct?

8. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    My settings:

DX11, 1080p, 4xAA, FXAAx2, Alpha Coverage x2, AO/Cloud Shadows/Motion Blur/DOF disabled, all Ultra settings except Water set to Medium, Vsync disabled, FPS limited to 60, plus a few other tweaks.

Test at Orphan Point:

Walking around: 60fps, 90% GPU usage.
    Shoot gas tank on dock for explosion: 24-38fps (takes 2 minutes to get back to 60fps), 50-60% GPU usage

Test at Orphan Point (MSAA disabled):

Walking around: 60fps, 30-50% GPU usage.
    Shoot gas tank on dock for explosion: 60fps, 45-55% GPU usage

9. BigDario

BigDario Guest

GPU:
    GB 7970 OC Windforce
    Hi there everybody!

I'm trying to force MSAA in Far Cry 3 using 0x004012C1 in AA compatibily (nvidia inspector), but it happens that I have some major glitches like shadow and water totally disappearing as well the DOF effect.
    Obviously i'm using dx9 and updated to last driver version, and I've disableb the MSAA of the game.

Has someone experienced the same problem? Did you resolve?
    Thank you!

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I switched to Dx9 last night after my performance on the second island reached an all time low. Even then I still get stuttering. New patch please.

11. F.A.Q

F.A.Q Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 FTW Sig 2.
    Buy a new GPU!.

12. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Weird...Should get more than that Milamber..
    My setting almost the same except:
    DX9 + SweetFX, 1080p, 0xAA, FXAAx2, Alpha Coverage x0, AO on /Cloud Shadows/Motion Blur/DOF disabled, all Ultra settings except Water set to high, Shadow medium, Vsync disabled, FPS limited to 90,
    And lowest fps around 48 to 80 or more in some area.

And i add this line in gamer profile to remove stuttering ( suggestion from someone)
    MaxFPS="90" Gfx_Maxfps="90" (should be same number and works best without Vsync)
    It is located behind ShowFPS..

Hope that helps :)

13. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Stone Gargoyle see my post above to remove stuttering..

14. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    If you are using vsync then you should set the max fps to the same vsync you are using 60 or 30 = 1 or 2 in game. But, if you just us 60 or 30 you really don't need the vsync in game setting.

15. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I've given up on DX11. I tried DX9 and it never dips below 58fps. Now performance is fixed, is there any way to eliminate the shimmering AA? I'm trying various combos of MSAA, SGSSAA, FXAA, different AA flags but the shimmering is still there.

16. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    Anyone know a good working SLI flag for DX9? I have to run it in DX9 because I'm running the game in 3D Vision with Helix Mod Fix. SLI seems to work decently but the usage of my first GPU is about 10% less than it's on my second GPU (first GPU hovers around 87% and the second is around a constant 96-99%). The game runs quite smooth but I'd still like to get both GPU's working properly at their max. SLI used to work great with my old 460's (both had 96-99% usage) but once I upgraded to my new 660's the first GPU has had a bit lesser % of usage (although the performance difference is obviously huge). I used the same (310.70) drivers for both setups.

17. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    That's caused by FXAA. Kill it in your GamerProfile. With SGSSAA, you shouldn't need it.

18. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Egads DX 9 looks fugly incomparison to DX 11. DX 11 all the way for me.

19. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Looks exactly the same to me. In fact, forcing better AA modes makes dx9 look even better

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Small differences because of the SSAO, otherwise it would be exactly the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.