AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 December 2) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

From what I understand, this is only somewhat true for some OEM's.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx
    Claims that Panasonic, Toshiba, and Sony laptops aren't supported.

In any case, AMD does also note this:

Then that's on Dell, not AMD. If anything, you should also message them about it.

Are you absolutely sure your messaging AMD directly? In any case though, most people just report issues about a specific driver on the driver reporting form that AMD has (somewhere), not send direct emails.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

If you buy a laptop, or any OEM product, you should expect support directly from the OEM.

Should I complain directly to American Megatrends (AMI), a company that supports a wide-range of motherboards, about a BIOS issue specific to my HP computer, or HP, who probably knows the implementation of that said BIOS since it's their own product?

Regardless if it's AMD's fault or not for the bad drivers, they are not the only ones to blame. Dell can also provide drivers too (or some kind of fix; maybe it's BIOS-related?) in the event AMD's drivers don't work, for whatever reason. Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised if Dell just told you to go back to 12.10, or the drivers they provide on their site.

But whatever, feel free to throw your money where you want, it's not mine after all :) Basing future purchases because of an experience with beta drivers though is just silly imo, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would think so. At least wait until WHQL before complaining...

I am curious though, what exact problem are you having with these beta drivers (just saying you have a BSOD isn't too helpful; unless you described it before in the past on another post)? And have you gone through an actual in-depth uninstall process of the old drivers, and then a clean install of these drivers? Try a OS reinstall (while this might be a bit... overkill, it can fix issues)?

And also, just to be sure, you've used this to report the issue right? http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3F3E

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well i ran through a load of benches today, and all fine, Sniper Elite V2 (which caused a restart at the end last night), ran that 3x times one after the other, ran fine, Heaven, Crysis bench, Metro 2033 bench, 3D Mark 11 bench, all ran fine also, so bugger knows what happened last night. :p

4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Stay on topic!

5. zibbiezone

zibbiezone Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radon HD 5650 2705 MB
    Okay so I was having troubles trying to get Chivalry to work, and diagnosed that my driver is out of date. Every time I tried to update it through the website, but it always said I had an incompatible version. So I found this beta and tried it. Worked okay for the first few minutes, except I couldn't change the screen brightness. I had to go somewhere, so I shut down my computer and when I came back, I found that this beta was no longer on my computer :bang: , and neither was the driver I had before it, I was running on my base graphics.
    My question is, what did I do wrong? Is there something I'm supposed to do that I overlooked or what? I'm downloading it again now, but it will take me an hour before it finishes. Hope I can keep it, otherwise I've wasted a lot of money on steam.

6. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Deleted

7. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    21/12/2012 - :banana: Oh my god the world's going to be destroyed !!!

:puke2: MAYAN APOCALYPSE MY ASS :moon:

I want my new Driver now AMD.... :wanker:

8. kostaskaz

kostaskaz New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
    Does any of you who downloaded the latest beta face a problem with returning for hibernation/sleep (not sure which one my desktop does) ?
    I was away from my main workstation for quite a while and after proceeding to an en masse update of everything I'm trying to figure what's the source of the problem. My GPU is HD5850 btw.

9. kidsafe

kidsafe Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    This driver and all the 12.11 betas that preceded it cause tearing in games if I also have hardware accelerated flash open in another window. Sometimes Flash also behaves weirdly and stutters very badly. When I close Flash the tearing remains until I restart the game. The interim solution is to turn off hardware acceleration in Flash...so not a huge deal, just wondering if anyone else noticed this behavior?

10. bolan

bolan Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 7950 @ 950
    No, Flash runs fine on my end.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Flash runs fine for me to, as im back on 11.4.402.265, as when i updated it to the latest one (which came after that at that time), it totally borked my FF, couldn't do anything with it, no pages would load, nothing, the loading ciricle just stuck on really slow, had to keep killing the FF process, so went back, and set the bugger to never update :p

12. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
    I think AMD believed the mayan prophecy, thats why no whql for 2 months now :infinity:

13. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It could be there trying to fix there dodgy 7 series hardware.
    or keeping us waiting cause they have no frigging clue what there doing lol

14. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    AMD is in a transition to new driver release model. This means cutting back WHQLs to 3-4 a year (instead of 12) but with more beta/preview drivers. Also, driver release would coincide with major events, e.g, New Hardware, Holidays, Back to School etc.

15. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Important NEWS for all AMD GPU Users :

As Because the up-coming year is 2013, and AMD feels the the number 13 is unlucky so AMD has decided to skip the Catalyst version 13 and will directly migrate to Catalyst 14 which will be updated and made available in the year 2014 so No AMD driver is going to be released in this coming year.

Wishing you all a very happy holiday(s) and a beautiful New Year.

please keep using your old 12.11 beta driver for the rest of 2013.

thank you

--------- hahahaha that was a joke :flip2:

16. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well its the 23rd. and still no release :/
    guess we will be getting NADA from AMD before Christmas...

They really need to fix this flickering dam bug and also my desktop is starting to do the same type of flickering

when the game or desktop flickers the flickers vanish for ages. its like totaly random times that it will happen....

pissed off to say the least about these 2x 7 series cards i have.

17. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    You don't say...

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They can't win, everyone was up in arms when they were rushing drivers out every month that were full of bugs they didn't have time to fix, and now with them doing a Nvidia, taking their time on them, no rushing, so they can fix more bugs so we get a much better quality driver when they do release, everyones up in arms over that, its bloody hilarious, you couldn't make it up :D

19. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
  20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I'm using 12.12 embedded drivers on Ubuntu 12.10 x64 (3.7.1 Kernel) without any issues so far :) TF2 ran at good FPS (100+ most of the time; but still above 60 always).

I got the driver from edgers PPA