310.70 WHQL Quadro

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ati666, Dec 11, 2012.

?

310.70q vs 307.45q vs 310.70g

1. IQ better than 307.45quadro

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. IQ better than 310.70geforce

21 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. IQ same as 307.45quadro

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I agree with veteran about caling it a day, however i would like to make one last post in this thread on subject of IQ increase-

Over the last two days or whatever (My job blends the days so i get a little lost) I've tried -
    Quadro/Tesla 310.34
    Quadro/Tesla 307.45
    Quadro/Tesla 310.70

Results - I have none.
    I know that with the .34's i saw an increase with them and even recommended them to fellow Nvidia users on this forum, but this time i havnt seen even a slight increase going from driver to driver.

Driver Sweeper'red (w/e), Clean install etc, and yeah this time nothing changed.

I still stand by my previous posts in the other quadro's threads (Why can we only search back a little and not complete forum history), But this time I have not seen any IQ increase what so ever.

Now back to whatever the hell driver i was on to start with.

Ah, and my apologies for bringing religion in to a driver thread, im a retard an suck at making proper comparisons when trying to, well....compare things as an example.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I don't see how discussing drivers brings Guru3D a bad name like Rewt suggests, in the past i've had geforce drivers with terrible IQ and some quadros with excellent IQ, however these current quadros (310.70) are nothing to write home about, hell they even have same name as current geforce ones.
    so yeah we should let this rest and wait for next quadro and see how it looks, i'm still keeping this one though.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Poll practically assumes and establishes the difference between GF and Quadro.
    When in reality everything WE KNOW FOR A FACT so far points to no-difference between the two.

In fact there are more evidence about leprechauns and yetis than GF/Quadro diff.
    At least they allowed themselves to be photographed. Elusive GF/Quadro difference - not so much. NEVER EVER has it been documented/photographed.

So in conclusion... GF/Quadro polls are far less serious, then say
    YETI/LEPRECHAUN - WHO WOULD PREVAIL?
    poll on wild nature/animals forum.

4. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    My friend, are you saying that in your opinion the IQ of the previous 310.34 is better than 310.70? And I thought that 310.70 would have at least the same IQ.

wow that's interesting, I'm fascinated with the IQ of 310.34 and did not want to see a lower quality than that.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yes, but let me explain myself first.
    As like every other gpu user, when installing drivers i am sensitive to the smallest of changes in IQ and performance, Why? Because I, like yourselves have been doing this long enough to know when something is slightly amiss or in most cases improved, i mean thats why everyone installs newer drivers right?
    Some of us even chose to stick with a older driver version despite a new release either because of an increase in performance or/and IQ over the latest revision, and as far as the quadro's are concerned I hardly doubt this is because we're all experiancing a collective placebo effect.

I tried to prove the IQ increase of multple Quadro drivers by going back and installing them again to take screenshots. Instrestingly enough once the .34 quadro were installed i noticed no iq increase. this is strange to me coz i noticed the drop in iq when i went up from .34 to .70, so why no increase when going back.

As i said in my other post, of all the quadros i re-tried, none increased IQ at a noticeable level. So while saying that im certain that there was previously, im now no longer sure.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  6. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I can answerer that for you. Because there never was a difference in the first place. Think about it man. It's not some miracle that a driver you thought had IQ all the sudden looks the same. It's not because you used another driver and then went back. Connect the dots.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Again, multiple gurus have confirmed the iq increase, its that simple. And again, its my system, my pc, i know when ****s changing and thats that. But i would go as far as to say that the iq increase ive seen was nothing more than what could be acheived with just upping the sharpness level on your monitor, coz thats the sorta iq increase ive noticed and nothing else.

I get that some of you havent seen this iq increase lke some of us have, but why are the ones who havent so determined to dismiss it and call us/ imply that we're crazy and are just imagining things. Cool you havent noticed, well i have so maybe you need to get your eyes checked, i know what i saw, if you aint seeing it then there must be something wrong at your end....or maybe, just like with all things pc, performance varys from system to system. So many different configurations, so many different results. Is that really that hard to make peace with.

I wonder if theres performance differences between the q's and g drivers.

Typng on the vita is a fecken nightmare, i dont know how people with the so called smart phones or iphones do it without throwing the things at the wall.

8. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Undocumented IQ improvements have happened before in the past between drivers, and in those instances it held no barring on if it was a Quadro driver (unless it was a newer driver version that at the time only was out for Quadro's) just the driver version.
    During these times it was repeatable, screenshotable, and some times it was only for a certain game or engine.
    If Quadro drivers provided the improvement you speak of it would be a really really big deal. It would give a reason for the old scenes like Omega to exist again. It would be like General describes and there would be no point in using Geforce drivers again until the IQ was 'fixed' in Geforce drivers.

9. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Wait, so if a few people here confirm that the moon landing never happened, it automatically becomes true? Just because the others have no clue? It's not really that simple.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Um, I think the landing of man on the moon is quite a bit different to comparing driver versions and IQ. Again, so many different PC configurations in the world and no two will ever be the same, so things will differ system to system. Its no that much of a stretch is it?

But with your litttle man on the moon mentality, If other pc enthusiasts say you didnt see jack, an theres no possiblity, opportunity, room for any form of anomaly, variation, difference in somthing as complicated as computers, am i just suppose to believe them, even though i have others agreeing with me.

Nvidia is a corporation after all and like most, will never reveal company practises just be coz some kid who plays games fired off an email asking for the truth.

And with that thinking ill be asked - But why would Nvidia ever feel the need to give quadro gpus that slightly improved IQ? My reply is that when pay for premium product you usually get premium perks or what have you, other than that, i can only suggest that through those drivers, these little improvements may get passed down to Geforce variants, regardless of your binary comparisons.
    It fairly simple, the difference i noticed was like SweetFX sharpening fillter on vs off, quite obvious.

But I do find it interesting that AMD users have never, from my knowledge, had this conversation in their driver thread. Also why have we not received any input from the NV reps that frequent Guru3d on this matter, only one picture of a standard email reply.

11. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    And thats why Quadros are so f***ing expensive....

12. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    It's very simple Mr. Boobs. Iruwen was not making a comparison of the moon landing and Quadro drivers, he (and myself) are saying without any evidence to back your claim of IQ improvement, your hard hardheadedness is not all that different from the 'moon landing didn't happen' conspiracy. As in, you would rather believe that there is some sort of conspiracy of drivers right off the bat, rather then a large healthy dose of skepticism.

I literally never. Ever. Seen a driver that came out that only effected a certain card. The only time, and I can't think of a specific time, is if a new series had problems with IQ to begin with, and was fixed to be normal later.

Now I'll add my thinking. If it's not already obvious that is. You went in with a preconception that Quadro drivers look better, and with the backing of some other forum members. You did your own research with the specific goal of proving your disposition, making any results biased. And even when your own research suggested that Quadro drivers do actually look the same, it had to have been because you used another driver before. You were subdued by the placebo effect, you took the sugar pill and your stomach ache went away. And now you're grasping for straws to avoid looking foolish.

I was joking when I said I wonder how Nvidia reps can take this place seriously. But let's face it (.)(.), the email could have said "Quadro drivers look the same as Geforce drivers" and you would have still argued it... well the email pretty much did say that :D
    But I know, the email was not to you. Could have been doctored, faked! The screenshots, the email, the other users posting images that were doctored to support better Quadro IQ was actually a reverse conspiracy! The binary comparisons, well that's because some people have different hardware, yeah that's the ticket. Tell yourself what you need to, convince yourself that you were right all along.

13. beezee

beezee Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080Ti
    Seriously knuckleheads, who gives a ****!

For those who can see a difference... Great! Glad ya like the drivers with their improved IQ...

For those that can't... STOP pissing on the others parade for **** sake. Let it go already!:bang: Let them enjoy seeing whatever it is they think they see.

14. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    I think we have exhausted the topic as no further evidence has been presented.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    People like beezee and (.)(.) are easily offended.
    Nothing is stopping you from enjoying your fake Quadro IQ. Regardless what I or anyone else says, in your case ignorance is bliss.

16. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    this argument has been going for yearzzzzzzzzzzzz

17. beezee

beezee Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080Ti
    Oh no. See that's where you're wrong. Offended? By the likes of you? Hardly.

I really don't notice a difference one way or another, and honestly I could care less. If people see an improvement in IQ, great, if people don't, sweet.

But it's D-bags like you who get their ****s and giggles pissin' on someone's opinions or perspective. Point is, who cares?

Let it go little guy, you'll still a champ...:)

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Sorry for suggesting that you were offended by me, internet tough guy ;)

19. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    No, it s people like us who draw a line in the sand between BS and provable facts. How dare we care about wasting our time installing drivers with a false promise of better IQ!!!

As said before, if there is better IQ , show us. I'd like to see it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  20. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    @Anth Seebel,

Below is a comment you made in another post regarding Massive Microstutter in Far Cry 3. Do you remember if you showed any evidence that these settings actually did the "trick"? Do you think you could please "show us"? We'd like to see it."

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4473770&postcount=35