RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    japamd
    I've sent you a Save file of Skyrim to your Email

update : the odd thing happened but now it's working ,don't know what was causing AO problem . I was using modified INI file of Skyrim with uGridsToLoad=7 ,now I did new save file with uGridsToLoad=5 in INI and AO magically worked :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  2. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I had the same 60to30fps fallback in FC3 with VSync always on and DFC set to 60. But i fixed it. I had to disable in-game vsync and restart the game. With RP's VSync and without TB is scales just perfect. Try this, maybe it can help.

3. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    VSync in game is disabled. For me the best solution is D3DOverride (VSync ON, TB ON) ATM - no tearing even with 50 FPS (the lowest FPS I noticed so far). I hope that RP will be capable to handle TB as good as D3DOverrider.

4. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I have problems with recorded footage. In an editing program (I use Adobe Premiere) the frames get all messed up and there will constantly be black frames so it gives a flashing effect. There is no problem watching them in MPC-HC though.

edit: fixed by installing picvideo 4, which didn't fix it initially but ticking the box "Force YUV Output" fixed it.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    no need for d3doverride here...

never dropped from 52 fps all max here, no tearing at all...

even in some cutscenes at 49 no tearing...

only RP + Always on + DFC @ 59 + display refresh rate @ 59...smooth as butter

6. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    AFAIK the only allowed FPS for 60Hz with Vsync ON are: 60, 30, 15 and so on. TB allows any FPS below refresh rate with no tearing thus I don't understand how it is possible to get 50 FPS with VSync ON and TB OFF. And no tearing in addition...
    I think that Japamd should explain how RP works with your setting. I can't believe that VSync is kept on all the time. Japamd, could you shortly explain this phenomenon please?

7. Shmaks

Shmaks Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme
  8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hmmm, good to know, to be honest I haven't made tests with video editing programs. Other video capture tools work flawlessy with Premiere?

warlord, you're using a CF, right? CF systems don't need triple-buffering, the 60->30->20->15->12->10... FPS is not an issue for CF as AFR already serves as a 3rd buffer.

Honestly IDK what's going on, you're not the first reporting such issues with TB while using RadeonPro whilst D3DOverrider works as expected. Here's what I got from FC3 DX11

[DXGIWrapper::CreateSwapChain_Detour] DXGIWrapper::CreateSwapChain_Detour enter
    [DXGIWrapper::CreateSwapChain_Detour] pDevice=23d2d58
    [DXGIWrapper::CreateSwapChain_Detour] BufferDesc.Width=1920 BufferDesc.Height=1200 BufferCount=1 Refresh.Nominator=0 Refresh.Denominator=0 SampleDesc.Count=1, SampleDesc.Quality=0
    [DXGIWrapper::CreateSwapChain_Detour] BufferCount=1. Forcing triple-buffering

By default, FC3 uses only double-buffering (front/back buffers) and you can see (in red) it's being detected as so. RP then forces TB by setting BufferCount=2 while creating the device Swap Chain. The TB indicator shows as green when BufferCount > 1, which means the device has 3 buffers (front-back-auxiliar buffers).

I've uploaded a fix for Tomb Raider Underworld, download the installer again and let me know if it's working now for NBA 2K13. Try to disable AA too.

9. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    I think in game graphics were set to max + MSAA ,in RP AO was set to high .

10. Shmaks

Shmaks Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme
    Its wirks fine now. Shadowing great. Thanks for support:)

11. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    I'd like to be able to use RP to switch both my Afterburner profile and my Actual Multiple Monitors profile.

Currently, I use RP's script to switch the AB profile but have to use a batch file to switch the AMM profile like so:

Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe" dp "TV Only"
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 3 > nul
    F:\games\FarCry3\bin\farcry3_d3d11.exe
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe" dp "All Three"
    Obviously it's a bit messy and a pain having to do this for every game, so is there any way to do it all with RP or if not, could you consider making it possible please?

12. Shmaks

Shmaks Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme
    @japamd One interesting thing with AO in NBA2K13. During testing I noticed, that AO works differently. With "Replay panel" or game scoreboard in gameplay AO looks fine, but without them looks more better, amazing for me. I came to the conclusion that these elements (panel, scoreboard) would prevent a full-fledged work of AO.
    Here's demonstrable screenshots:
    1. Without replay panel: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8707/shadow1s.jpg
    2. With replay panel: http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8992/shadow2e.jpg
    Have you "faced" with like this in other games?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  13. teppic

teppic Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    What's the general difference between HBAO and VAO? Is one better than the other, or are they just two different ways to do it?

Also, what changes between low to ultra? I remember earlier in the thread medium was recommended, is that something that would change with newer releases of RP?

14. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    bugs

Hi!

Latest version (v1.1.1.0 2012.12.19) crashed a start. Need uninstall... Older version is working.

v1.1.1.0 2012.11.19 - I don't see OSD in warcraft 3 (DX8)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  15. dinovom

dinovom Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 4650 (RV730 PRO)
    Nice tool, thx. Didn't experience any errors till now.

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Cool :)

Use Scripts in your FC3 profile.

Pre-start script

Code:
    Run( "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe", "dp", "TV Only" )
    RunAndWait( "ping", "127.0.0.1", "-n", "3" )
    Post-finish script

Code:
    Run( "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe", "dp", "All Three" )
    See "The Scripts tab"

It could happen and unfortunately it's out of RP's control.

They're just different implementations of Screen Space Ambient Occlusion. Some games may look better with one or another, performance can vary too. You'll need to test them ir order to find out the best (or the one that fits better your taste) for each game.

Did you tried the updated installer?

OSD is not supported under DX8 and earlier versions of DX.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  17. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Ah OK, I didn't realise I could edit the preset Afterburner one. So I'd make it

Code:
    profileToActivate = 2

installPath = Registry.Read( 'HKLM', 'Software\\MSI\\Afterburner', 'InstallPath', '' )
    if( installPath == '' ) {
      Message( "MSI Afterburner doesn't seem to be installed" )
    }
    else {
      Run( installPath, '-profile' + profileToActivate, '-q' )
    }

Run( "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe", "dp", "TV Only" )
    RunAndWait( "ping", "127.0.0.1", "-n", "3" )
    and

Code:
    profileToActivate = 1

installPath = Registry.Read( 'HKLM', 'Software\\MSI\\Afterburner', 'InstallPath', '' )
    if( installPath == '' ) {
      Message( "MSI Afterburner doesn't seem to be installed" )
    }
    else {
      Run( installPath, '-profile' + profileToActivate, '-q' )
    }

Run( "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe", "dp", "All Three" )
    ?

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I guess it's better to move the monitor related thing to the top in pre-start script, the rest seems to be ok.

19. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Yeah, makes sense. Thanks :)

20. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    The "X profiles added, X profiles updated" popup on first run of the new RP is a brilliant idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.