How to get proper SLI scaling in Far Cry 3. (DX11 mode)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by drac, Nov 28, 2012.

1. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I just got another GTX 570 today.

I am running the newest Nvidia drivers....fired up FC3 in DX 9 mode and it seems to be running great...I did not have to do anything.

Hopefully the good performance continues :banana:

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    how are the new bits for you? i've been running them and they are great for sp, and coop but mp still crashes and runs like crap! who else is having crashing in mp'er?

apparently the multiplayer crashing might only be a multi gpu thing. so if some of you guys running sli could comment on MP i would really appreciate it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  3. thewall

thewall Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi Lightning GTX 580 x 2
    Using dx9 with 580 sli. Multiplayer crashes after a round.

Have everything locked at 60 fps, afterburner, vsync and so on.

Played a little bit one night, everything smooth and nice. Left computer on over night, started the game the next morning. Bam! 25fps. Could not get it to 60 again. Reinstalled latest nvidia driver then I was at 60 fps again. Very strange. Must be vsync bug somehow. If I have 60 fps at menu screen I know that it will be fine ingame. If I have 25 at menu screen then I know that that will be the same fps in game.

Tried vsync on off and also tries everything else but when it locks at 25fps it's hopeless, only thing that helped so far is reinstalling drivers.

4. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    it seems 100% of the people running a multi gpu setup are crashing in multiplayer. now, is it drivers or an issue ubisoft has to deal with??? just wish someone would fix it ;)

5. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    same happens to me. if i crash in multiplayer my performance is terrible until i reinstall the drivers, but then once i crash in mp again same crap all over again...

6. scutzi128

scutzi128 Guest

GPU:
    3 x GTX470s @ 850MHz
    Ok so I got my game running a lot better. All I did was reinstall the new 310.70 beta drivers and checked clean install. I did not modify the sli bits or anything and the game is running a lot better. I am sitting at a pretty constant 60 fps on ultra with 2xmsaa. The game is actually playable now.

7. Lazzerus

Lazzerus Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 580 x2
    Just signed up so I could say a big thank you for this thread!! :D

I have been playing far cry 3 since it came out with sli 580s and I just was not getting the performance I thought I should be.
    I tried the whole adding the 3d11 exe and changing the sli bits to 0x0C1902F5, which meant I could use sli which was good but every time I looked at a certain area or was in a gun fight my fps would half and so would my gpu usage which made me think there was a bottle neck or something wrong with my cpu ,(i7 2600k @4.2ghz).
    I tried all different settings and ended up with sacrificing alot of visuals including the known hogs like post process, water, etc to even stay at 56 constant fps.
    I had basically given up and thought well just have to wait for a patch.

I was using the latest beta drivers and saw one of the posts saying they work well with 0x080912F5 sli bits and....... BOOM!! Doubled my fps and my gpus never dip!!
    I can now play everything on ultra including post p withh msaa off and never goes below 80fps!! I even tried with msaa 8x on and it still ran around 50 to 60fps but stuttered badly. I preffered the post p aa anyway.

So big thank you guys! and also one question.
    Now I can run constant 60 no prob I have chucked on vsync and it really makes the game amazingly smooth even driving there is zero stutters.
    But I do get a bit of mouse lag from it. Anyone know a good fix for it?

Thx again :D

8. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Oh... man.. so far there seems to be two different SLI bits for Far Cry 3 DX11 users are having good results with. However, some of the feedback is quite contradicting.

So, what's the verdict ? 0x0C1902F5 or 0x080912F5 ?

9. Lazzerus

Lazzerus Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 580 x2
    Well for me with 310.70 beta the 0x080912F5 worked brilliantly.
    0x0C1902F5 worked well with 310.60 i think but maybe not as well with the newer drivers.

By the way that is a serious rig!! :)

10. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    I don't think there are any issues with DX9. Most of the early problems were with DX11. The only issue I have is that the game feels insanely stuttery when it runs < 60 FPS. Normally I can play games with 45 FPS and they feel perfectly smooth... but not this one :(

11. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I've tried 3 different SLI bits (0x0C1902F5, 0x081902F5 & 0x080942F5). No change in fps. The game (DX11 mode) seems to be ignoring all driver settings.

12. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    I made a clean driver install and they were right, 0x0C1902F5 is a default now. So it should be fine.

13. LordRegent

LordRegent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680 SLI
    Mmmmm, 0x0C1902F5 were Maldo´s and Nvidia took them as theirs in the latest drivers. Problem is those SLI bits seem to work "ok" until you have to reload a game. Just when you reload, FPS should drop to half (i noted it while playing some of the trials -red rocks-). I tried some SLI bits too and found that 0x081912F5 with SLI Mode set to AFR2 are the best. Try them!.

14. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Maybe there are some other dependencies, I don't have that problem when reload a savegame.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I dont use any of those.

I use this one and it works the best for me.
    0x080912F5.

Constant 60fps at all times maxed out and no stuttering, GPU use at aroun 65%.

Edit...I forget to say make sure water is set to medium as it stutters any higher, I think this is a bug.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012

16. Quick420

Quick420 Guest

GPU:
    560ti
    Maldo,could you please repost those 2 files so I can try them for my system I cant get any scaling working here m8.:bang:

17. Skupples

Skupples Guest

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 670 ftw
    the sli bits for my 670s as of 1/15/13

top number:0x080902F5
    bottum number:0x02402C05

my far cry 3 is much more stable now then it was, but still not up to par with what i think it should be... 2x SSAA im @ 50% on my GPUs 8x SSAA and my GPU's want to explode... really?

18. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    OC that cpu. It definitely matters in this game.

Sometimes I run default clocks when I'm not doing anything intensive. I'll load up Far Cry 3 (All settings at max/4xMSAA) and it's a stuttering mess with one cpu core pegged. After loading my 4.8 profile, it's a pleasure to play - smooth as hell and no dips.

19. GTskilled

GTskilled Guest

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Hi folks,

first of all I am sorry for my English. Hope this thread is still in use.

I have a GTX 690 in my Computer, which has two GPU´s. After installing Far Cry 3, I used the Nvidia Inspector to add the DX11.exe of Far cry 3 in it´s game profile. ( This "code" in DX 11 bits is already fixed ) It worked, and I had 60-100 fps all around with 4 x MSAA. But after 2 days, I startest Far Cry 3 and the framerate was halfed... it now just uses 1 GPU.

I already reinstalled Far Cry 3, the Nvidia driver, the Inspector and nothing worked... it seems as Far Cry 3 now just ignores my settings in the SLI profile.

What could I do?! Please help me

Thank you very much.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Probably not much help, imo you'd be better off just playing something else as this game is just a mess.