Nvidia GeForce 310.70 Download & Discussion - WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Dec 4, 2012.

1. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    well does anybody knew whats the problem with newer versions of PhysX every time I want to run older games like velvet Assassin I must go and install PhysX_9.12.0604_SystemSoftware instead of the one that come with newer drivers

2. Kenstin1983

Kenstin1983 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 480
    For those of you getting Direct X errors/crashes when playing Battlefield 3. After installing a new set of drivers navigate to your Battlefield 3 folder/_Installer/Directx/redist and run the DXSETUP. It should download/install a bunch of new files and update your Direct X. This should fix the issue.

3. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    4090FE

Totally agree with you. These drivers are rock solid in BF3. I've been hammering it in Aftermath since it's release. No crashes, sweet IQ. Defo keepers for me ! I'd love to know what the issue actually was in the last few beta drivers that caused the random crashes.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Found the cause of my far cry 3 crashing, it was a bad game config that done it, namely having this enabled > D3D11MultithreadedRendering.
    hoping for some optimizations for this game, with the fov maxed and graphics set at ultra it looks quite immense.
    all i got disabled is dof, blur, soft shadows and of course all AA.

5. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Do these drivers REALLY run hotter than previous drivers?

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not in my experience.

7. KGBKGB

KGBKGB Banned

GPU:
    GTX 660TI SC 2GB

Look at numbers of Bf3 complaints that have decreased? Where exactly am i looking? Is there a database some where on the internet? Perhaps Nvidia spoke to every customer in the world?

Im just thinking out loud here and trying to understand what numbers i should be looking at. A dozen or even a two dozen satisfied customers in this thread, isnt exactly a huge progress, its a progress, just very small. And some people actually have issues now.

So what were you saying again?

Personally, i always liked Quadro drivers going way back many many years. Didnt gain more FPS, but games were always smoother, half the time i actually lost a few FPS, but the game play was a lot more enjoyable.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  8. Leopard_st

Leopard_st Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3
    Thx for tip bro.

I will try this.

9. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    this drivers cant hanle +80 mhz overclock and 240 memory such shame on bf3

10. Frankster

Frankster Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 Gaming G1 SLI
    I have not that much to say, but I really start to get p***ed...
    Since 306.97 is every driverversion crap concerning BF3 - at least for me.
    I have a Gigabyte GTX670 OC SLI in my system which operates flawless with driver 306.97, except a few very rarely crashes to desktop.
    With every other driver I have permanent crashes, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a few hours (yes, I'm a gamer ;) ). I tried various advices, from new clean install to limiting clocks/disabling boost - nothing really helped.
    Playing BlackOps2 (NOT Warfighter, mea culpa) is almost the same, crashes at boatscene; only solution is playing in a window and disabling overclock. Ok, Warfighter is gone, but BF3 is still here...

Hoping for usable AND stable drivers soon.

BTW: Am I the only one who would sacrifice a few FPS for a rock-solid driver instead of high benchmark-numbers but a heavy load-crashy-driver???

11. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    i have gigabyte too its card cant hold overclock

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    if anyone is fine with 306 but crashing with these perhaps it's cause 306 drivers are limiting your gpu clock speeds like they do, perhaps you should try the 310 drivers with a lowered gpu clock of 50Mhz or so.

13. s1DDy

s1DDy Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070Ti
    Anyone know if the option of confining the taskbar to 1 screen when using surround will be back any time soon? it disappeared when i switch to win 8 :/

14. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Its the overclocks. Period.

Mine is water cooled, when I push it too far it crashes. Factory overclocked cards are bad on air cooling, the reason your cards are crashing is the overclock. Even the guy below your post says the GB cards can't hold their overclock.

Uninstall anything like D3D overrider, evga precision, and afterburner, GPUz... anything that tweaks, changes, manipulates your GPU in any ways.

Reinstall the drivers fresh, do a clean install (option within the install) and see if it's stable without any of that other crap. if it still crashes, install afterburner OR precision (not both), drop the clock speed 50 or 100 mhz and see if it's stable, if it is its the overclocks. if it still crashes, I'd say RMA it.

Since I dropped my 680 from +200 to +180 I have never had another instance of BF3 crashing. Early drivers were fine with +200, but at some point when the drivers matured and games were using more GPU +200 wasn't stable, dropped to +180 and it's been fine for months without a single crash. My crashes were usually "BF3 has stopped responding" and yes that was from the GPU overclock being too high. .. and at +180 now I get higher performance than earlier drivers at +200 - yes, the drivers are matured and use more of the card now.

15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    bf3 crash on default clocks so something wrong here why nvidia put all work to cpu????

16. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    Legacy Driver is Needed for Older Games "Velvet Assassin"

Try using the legacy installer it worked for me when I was having the same problem. Here's the link.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12.1031-legacy-driver.html

17. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Drivers are working well for me so far, no complaints.

18. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Its weird, I have the DC2 TOP 670 and it's infamous for unstable overclocks, yet I'm running it fine with these driver at stock clocks.

19. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Must have done about 6 hours playing on bf3 over the past 2 nights & not one crash, absolutely zero issues here with this driver & bf3, my GTX680 is stock clocked.

20. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    The issue with BF3 is very intriguing. Just looking at the specs that people have listed, there doesn't appear to be any pattern. I thought it might be a driver conflict at first, but nothing jumps out. Crashes appear to happen to people with both overclocked and stock cards. Just out of curiosity, are you peeps getting CTDs or BSODs?