Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    The jet attacks bother people because it is completely unrealistic that a pilot would be able to spot friend from foe while flying at 700 meters.

A 1000 hour pilot is still going to be very good and will be able dogfight other players and kill them easily. It does not take a 1000 hour pilot to kill infantry. All you need to do is make sure your mesh quality is set to ultra and then you can see spotted players from much much further away.

DICE makes the changes to the weapons because they want people to use other weapons that they took the time to code, model, and animate. If the M16 is the best weapon, everyone will use it because it is natural for everybody to want to win. There is no point to them having 50 different weapons to choose from if 40 of them are rubbish.

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Played Aftermath last night. Scavanger mode it think. It was good, quite fun..but its not BF i fell in love with. Still good tho. Shame we didnt get zip lines and grappling hooks. Is the any news at all on the last DLC?

3. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I love the scavenger mode with the new maps, it's just simply amazing and I feel accomplished for every time I unload the limited ammo into my enemy successfully lol

4. GandraZz

GandraZz Guest

GPU:
    555m 2GB 665/1330 FHD
    Want realistic game see arma2

Vehicles are good against infantry, what a surprise. Blame 3D spoting here, aka legit WH.

So why dice make ant put rubbish weapons in game and then forces players to use them?
    Other weapons have trade offs, while m16 was(is?) good at everything, so everyone used m16. And dice doesn't balance popular weapons, they just destroy them.

BF3 for me feels like it tried to be best at everything, but turned out to be poor everything.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The weapon I was enjoying very much was the A-91.. but then they did the update that made the random bullet spread and it lost it's....... how would you describe it.. it lost it's.. feel? It felt different.

It is still a pretty good gun, but it doesn't feel the same to use, so I stopped using it.

I don't like that the M16A3 is in my top 5 weapons list, I would much prefer to use something else but it's so hard to combat level 100's using it with any other weapon.

Trying to get good at the L85A2 : >

==============

This was good >> "BATTLEFIELD 3 AFTERMATH REVIEW" by Jackfrags.. Youtube Video Link >> http://youtu.be/07CYF6pMN2E

I like him because he is very skilful at FPS games, and his opinion is good.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  6. Hellcat1992

Hellcat1992 Guest

GPU:
    Vapor-x 7770 OC
    My rig is I3-2100 3.1Ghz, HD7770 vapor-x, 4GB RAM and running on 1366x768 res monitor
    When I set MESH quality to HIGH, fps drop heavily when changing view in all DLC map (B2K, CQ,AK and also AM )
    The vanilla map pack is OK.
    I have some budget to upgrade. I wonder I should spend it on the new GPU 7850 + PSU 500W or new CPU i5 2500k
    All I need is running the game @high mesh quality for long range and air psotting

7. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    No video game is very realistic. ARMA2 has increased amounts of weapon damage, and that is about all that it holds over BF3, other than some other things like not begin able to get out of speeding vehicles without penalty, and vehicle control.

Yes vehicles are good against infantry. I did blame 3D spotting distance, then you got involved and said that we were "whining".

I don't quite understand what you are saying. They do try to balance the popular weapons. The M16 is still by far the most popular, and it has not been destroyed.

It is in my top 5 as well, but I think I only have about 700 kills with it. I don't have over 1000 with any weapon.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I would have to say a more Powerful CPU and more RAM = 8GB, That will get the game running better for you, especially at that resolution, your video card is fine for that resolution.

RAM is extremely cheap, I'm talking $50-$60, and the 2500k will be a very good choice for you, even if it is a bit long in the tooth now it is still a good gaming chip.

---

@ BigBlockTowncar, I have over 2000 kills with the M249 xD

It is just... so.. addictive that gun.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Is this a piss take, don't play for two weeks and have 8GB of updates, how can they **** up a game so much that it needs this many updates, I know 4GB is Aftermath, although that's a lot, but 4GB for a BF3 update as well.

[​IMG]

10. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    just roll wi the punches bro!

11. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Damn, got my origin account hacked 2 days ago... but I GO IT BACK !

By a dude that calls himself Diezel_lox

EA.dk was fast about it though :D

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    It's the closed beta of BF4 already lol, once you pay up you can access it a minute later. ;)

13. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I asked a question on dice's page about whether bf4 will be filled with problems and huge game up dates on launch and this was his response and it's made me smh in shame on his idiotsy while the game was in beta for more then a month.
    [​IMG]

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    would love to have a go at bf4! is there any other way apart from getting MoH?

15. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    It seems like the patch sizes are ridiculous. My BF3 folder is like 30gb. It definitely doesn't seem like there is 30gb worth of content.

Even when they did the last large weapon rebalance, it was still a huge multi-gb patch. Are the gun models being replaced? How is this stuff coded? Aren't weapon properties just a bunch of text strings?

16. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    The size of the install folder hardly changes even after big patches they mainly replace files when updating, dlc is what's adding size but seriously, huge maps, new guns, new vehicles even new characters which all have very nice res textures overall is going to add size to the game.

Pc gamer shouldn't be complaining about game sizes. 30GB is nothing and I welcome the fact that bf3 on pc has its own textures which are higher than the console version.

also the install folder (with premium) is 28GB

That's 25 maps for multi player (some of which are ****ing massive)

around 100 weapons

30+ vehicles

A entire singleplayer campaign with a lot of its own assists

6 co op maps

and then on pc with have are own hi res textures and 48KHz audio

for me that it a **** load of content for 28GB

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Agree ^^ mine is 27.8 and thats not that much at all. Just to compare Max Payne 3 is 29.6GB :)

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    My BF3 folder is 17.6GB, so that's about 12.4GB so far of extra content for all you guys who have the Premium thing.

19. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    My BF3 folder is 24GB or close to it, I will have to double check.

20. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    27.8 GB here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.