Nvidia GeForce 310.70 Download & Discussion - WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Dec 4, 2012.

1. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    Tested BF3 Damavand Peak map, 1 round with these drivers.

So far, no crashes, no stuttering, FPS is same (great).

2. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    That's not a bug.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2006076/en-us

3. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    you want HT on, bf3 can use up to 12 threads... HT doesn't make it stutter. Something else is, or HT is a byproduct of a driver optimization that needs to be fixed. never disabled HT. bf3 runs better with 8 vs 4 threads during heavy battles / destruction.

4. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    These driver make BF3 feel very stuttery and laggy. Going back to 306.97 solves this.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes it is, otherwise it would be the same in windows7, but its not, it shows correct 60.00Hz! Now explain that lol :eyes:

hopefully its just manufacturer "fault" since there is no proper EDID INF out yet or nvidia really needs to thinker proper LCD detection in Windows8, again. My monitor supports 29, 30, 59 and 60Hz, but windows8 somehow selects 59Hz, by downsampling @ 2560x1440 it uses proper 60.00Hz.

P.S. I know that article for a long time, way before I bought this new monitor.

Anyway, anybody else noticed sluggish steam - std mode (scrolling games list) in windows8? Im thinking its either this driver or steam update?

6. Steve

Steve Member

GPU:
    EVGA 680 Classified SLI
    I'm seeing the same thing as you Dictator93. I'm getting better performance running the Dishonored Bits.

I hope Nvidia would pay a little more attention to this fine Indy game that is up there with all these Triple A titles. Please look into the Natural Selection 2 SLI profile and work out thoes gremlins.

Natural Selection 2 is in some popular gaming sites with ratings in the Top 5 and Top 10 for PC game titles.

7. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    I'm the one who submitted the request for a profile internally, and am a keen player myself, though I haven't experienced the issues mentioned. I will file a report and have the team investigate, however. If you can provide additional info, config, setup, etc via http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6 it would help greatly.

8. Steve

Steve Member

GPU:
    EVGA 680 Classified SLI
    Well that's pretty sweet to hear that you are an avid NS2 player like myself. I'll get on that survey and do anything i can to help you knock out this bug and hope Dictator93 does the same.

P.S. Thanks for the quick response.

9. The-1

The-1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-280x Rev. 2
    I got this error while playing BF3 earlier (using 310.70 on Windows 8 x64):
    [​IMG]

10. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I've had many long sessions of BF3 since I installed these, working perfectly. No crash, no error and FPS is great.

I think the GetDeviceRmovedReason is because of low voltage, try increasing it by a notch.

11. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    U r wrong dot

12. dimanish

dimanish Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    Sadly but I have the same situation.

13. qneb

qneb Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 690
    I got the same message last night with a GTX 690 and windows 7 64bit when I tried to start BF3.

14. bhill63

bhill63 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Did that (reinstall drivers/clean install) - still would crash. Reverted back to 310.60-Good to go.

15. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Which card and which clock is it running at? Same question for The-1.

16. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Thanks for the response AndyB! I submitted a report detailing the problem to you guys.

The reason why it may not manifest so easily on your set up is because it is so darn powerful. The lower GPU utilization and framerate is not so noticable on your 680s in comparison to my 470s.

But seriously, the Dishonored profile is much better than the default Nvidia NS2 profile

17. Birdy62

Birdy62 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    Thanks for your help, but it doesent work...

18. The-1

The-1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-280x Rev. 2
    [​IMG]

19. KGBKGB

KGBKGB Banned

GPU:
    GTX 660TI SC 2GB

Or, actually fix the issues that you claim that you have fixed, then release the drivers.

You know, since people are still having issues with this driver.

20. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Welp, looks like I spoke too soon. Although FC3 is much better performance wise, it still randomly crashes on me. No error, at least none that I can see, just a hard lockup followed by a reboot. System stable and with no problems otherwise (cards aren't overclocked), so my guess it's either the driver or FC3. Had the exact same problem (symptom wise) with Assassin's Creed 3 with previous drivers and a 3-way GTX 570 setup, but that went away with this driver iteration.