Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, May 26, 2012.

1. nethaniah

nethaniah Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan
    I wouldn't mind it as much if they didn't go on record saying this ''port'' would be the greatest thing ever and DX11 was gonna give 110% more performance! and other bull**** like ''it's gonna have good wheel support''.

I expected a game that was ready out of the box but that's not the case with this game, performance issues, MP flaws (interface blocking the screen/voice chat auto on) and losing progression (not that this game really has any), with all this i just can't understand people actually defending this game like ''sure it's **** but that's no reason to bash it'' i paid 40 bucks for what is essentially a beta, right now this isn't worth 10 bucks or any money for that matter.

EDIT: was gonna add the whole no singleplayer thing but that's a design choice though i do think they could have mentioned that there wasn't one before people paid for this game.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. me7

me7 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 280X 3GB
    The PC port isn't entirely broken. It runs fine with 60 fps most of the time, but stutters due to a bug. A showstopper bug that makes the game difficult to enjoy, but the engine is solid overall.
    ...if EA only cared to push out a patch for it.

3. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    This game don't stutter at all it runs fine with
    "Adaptive Vsync" but when I use vsync on dam the game has low fps and stutters a bit the downside is it doesn't support sli my gpu usage is almost 0 on 3 cards and 1 card is at 95 percent lol

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    well for me it ran like crap which i would consider unplayable and have just resigned it to the bargain bin, if they fix performance then cool, otherwise im not interested.

I cant believe they released the PC version in that state, its unbelievable

5. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  6. deets75

deets75 Guest

yeah pretty much same here ~:D

wasnt expecting anything different really, but then again I do love arcade racers going back to the days of outrun and Chase HQ.

Was playing it last night and getting the super fast cars and it was pretty good fun, just what I expected!

Shame about the graphics issues but with tweaking the settings I can get it to run at 60fps most of the time and not drop low enough to mess up the flow otherwise.

Us PC owners sometimes feel more concerned with frame rates than fun :D not that I am excusing poor ports ;)

7. me7

me7 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 280X 3GB
  8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You have to wonder how they werent aware of it before the launch.
    Doesnt put them in a good light, shipping beta software without even knowing!

9. me7

me7 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 280X 3GB
    The developers at Criterion probably knew about it, but were told by their bosses from EA to ignore it and work on other stuff (like DLC) instead since they don't really care for the PC version.
    The typical situation when you need to walk the line between doing what you know is right and not getting fired by your boss for insubordination.

A bit off topic, but surrounding the recent trend of kickstarter campaigns for indie games there was an interview with an experienced game developer who said that many issues in games don't result from incompetent developers, but from management that says "the customers will buy it anyway, I won't pay you to fix that".

10. nethaniah

nethaniah Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan
    Shame that we (pc gamers) probably won't see any of that DLC.

11. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Guys,

When it comes to calibrating the screen in the games settings, if I set the contrast so that the logo is barely visible, then start asjusting the black logo, the white logo disappears completely. Is that supposed to happen?

Aren't both logos, white and black supposed to be barely visible at the same time?

12. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    I don't have it now to test, but I'm quite sure it's not normal, all logos should be visible. Also, i don't know if you calibrate your screen from game, but try to calibrate it from monitor, if you can't, and you are not satisfied with contrast/gama/brightness ratio of the screen, change it, it is one of the most important part of the PC. It will save your time, and games would be much more enjoyable.

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

14. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Good to hear, been avoiding this until it's fixed.

I can handle some framerates issues in most genres, even FPS's, but not in racing games.

17. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  18. nethaniah

nethaniah Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan
    ''The pack will allow players to mod their game with five very fast cars'' That's a weird word to use for DLC.

Also i'm wondering if PC will see any of this DLC since the last few NFS games didn't offer DLC on this platform which was especially annoying for HP 2010 cause it heavily lacked content, so does this game.

EDIT: Apparently it IS on pc much to my amazement.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  19. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    My NFS is getting a 463mb update as we speak!?!?!!!!....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  20. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Didn't fix any of my performance issues.