Nvidia GeForce 310.70 Download & Discussion - WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Dec 4, 2012.

1. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Bad console ports tend to get the least love, because they're just entirely unoptimized for PC anyway.

2. Birdy62

Birdy62 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    Well, sry to report for an old game like Chronicles of Riddick - Escape of Butcher Bay (OpenGl Version) but the game is crashing immediately at launch. It was working with the previous 306.97.
    I have no problem with Far cry 3, and BF3

3. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Try disable threaded optimization.

4. TK423

TK423 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980

5. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  6. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Finally is right. Did they ever patch that horrible excuse for antialiasing they had (and couldn't be disabled)?

7. bhill63

bhill63 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    310.70 Causes NV Driver crashes in Far Cry 3

Installed the new 310.70 Nvidia WHQL driver and Far Cry 3 crashed during the opening 3 mins of the game. Tried everything from disabling 3d detection in MSI Afterburner to uninstally Lucid program (I know-garbage). Then I uninstalled and reinstalled 310.64 and no driver unresponsive crashes. Anyone else have/had a similar experience with the 310.70 WHQL driver?:puke2:

8. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    According to Nvidia the only change for Far Cry 3 between 310.70 and 310.64 was SLI profile. So it makes no sense that this driver causes game to crash versus the other, unless it's a bad profile. For what it's worth (not much) the game doesn't crash for me in single-GPU mode.

9. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    reinstall it again, do as clean install. No issues here with them and FC3

10. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Anyone?

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well these drivers seem great. black ops is fixed. farcry 3 doesnt crash anymore. great stuff :)

12. dragon91

dragon91 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 sli
    stuttering is back on some game for me like battlefiels 3, i never have stuettering when playing battlefield 3 on multi before only on single player , i got gtx 680 sli gygabite, farcray 3 run better with hbao , 60 fps constant without msaa , before 45 -60 , no more fps drop when shooting.
    i got fps drop with msaa 2x, 4x ,8x,
    but i don t understand , when I turn off v-synch , the game never go bolew 60 fps (msaa 4x) like 120 -70 fps,
    that mean if i turn on v-synch , the game should run 60 fps constant but , it s like 60 - 30 and fps drop when shooting. farcry definilty run better with this driver for me

13. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    thats how vsync works. Use adaptive vsync. When using vsync and you go below 60 fps (60 hz) it will drop to half that 30 fps. Its been like that for years and years man.

Adaptive vsync will keep the 1/2 drops as it will disable vsync once you dip below 60.

14. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

we have made improvements that will hopefully resolve most of these problems. These improvements will be available in an upcoming patch.

No ETA on the patch. But it is great that they accounted this.. Altho it was originally posted on November 5th. Until they edited it for the December date.

This game looks GREAT for still shots. Just sucks I cant play it at 60fps. Or for more than 15 minutes without a black screen + sound crash.

Will try a clean install with these drivers (coming from the last 306officials) + two week old Vista 64bit OS .

15. nethaniah

nethaniah Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan
    They did not and looking back at HP and it's AA issues i suspect we will never see a fix for that, but hey it's another thing in a long line of lies they told us right up there with ''this game will have good wheel support because that's what we're about'' **** you Criterion, **** you.

16. dragon91

dragon91 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 sli
    for most wanted i have fps drop with high reflection

17. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Problem with VSYNC is that a minor drop will cause the FPS to tank to 30FPS. This is by design.

Which is why without VSYNC you can get 60+ FPS most of the time, but in the instances where it drops to 55, with VSYNC enabled it will drop to 30. Limiting FPS instead should avoid that, or you can always try Adaptive VSYNC, I've been using that for Hitman, working well.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  18. dragon91

dragon91 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 sli
    i don t like 30 fps when gaming^^, i don t have fps drop without mssaa and v-synch on, hit man run perfect on me 60 fps constant

19. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Originally Posted by wasteomind View Post
    "
    Why won't digital vibrance or or nvidia brightness/contrast/gamma settings stick after reboots or resolution changes? I've noticed this with the past few driver releases.

I have to keep going back into the control panel and move a slider 1 tick, then back 1 tick to the settings I want temporarily.

Very annoying."

I haven't had that issue with any recent drivers, including this newest one. Settings stick fine. Used to have it a long time ago, don't recall what resolved it, maybe a complete uninstall and reinstall of the drivers.

20. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Should be fixed with driver 310.61

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012