Far Cry 3 VGA Graphics Benchmark performance test

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 30, 2012.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    na just unoptimized, better of using grfs for benchmarks than this game.

2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    I can not understand how this game is part of the AMD Gaming Evolve and they have really poor performance on this game, lets see, the 7970 is losing vs 670.Sad days for those who bought an AMD card, oh man...At least the prices and the bundles are good.

3. Jraptor

Jraptor Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia 680 x2 SLI
    @ left4dead, lol, ya I guess I could...
    I just poured what I had, back then, into the machine hoping it would last a bit (and it will, realistically) at the top. Time always tells the true tale though. I am lucky to have what I have. I suppose it always comes as a surprise when we begin to realize that we may not be what we once were.

4. left4dead

left4dead Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7970
    yes, you´re right, i know what you mean. when i bought my 7970 i tought i was gonna stay cool for, at least, 1 year and half, but, with her performance in far cry 3, i dont know anymore. this, despite my low resolution of 1680x1050 on a 22" samsung.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Dunia has tended to perform better on Nvidia hardware than AMD, Far Cry 2 was a game were Nvidia always had a large performance lead.

AMD likely worked on this game to minimise this as much as they could, so i wouldn't be too hard on them as it's not like it's losing by anything you would really notice.

6. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    maybe this is a dumb question, but where do I access the internal benchmark (just downloaded off Uplay now)???

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I've not heard of it having an in-game benchy.

8. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm guessing Hilbert simply benchmarked an in-game run-through.

9. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Hmmm, I've read a couple of reviews that referenced an "internal benchmark", including our fearless leader himself. Maybe I'll just have to do a FRAPS run or ten once I get through the intro portion.... :bounce:

10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Different review, different results ..
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Far-C...y-3-Test-Grafikkarten-CPU-Benchmarks-1036726/

In this one, the difference lay on the MSAA ( you have no AA and then 4xMSAA +A2C ) and maybe some other base setting ( dunno if HH have use ultra or VeryHigh ) ) or even they use a different place.

In additon the games and driver of both Nvidia and AMD need a little more optimisation for it. There's 2 patch who have been allready made ( the Zero day one + a second) for fix some little things, hence why they have update allready their drivers for the game in just 3 days ...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012

11. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    I'll just post this here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Without AA I can play even on ultra and get 50 fps avg easy. Tweak it a little (somewhere between very high and ultra) and 55-60 is butter. AA is the real problem here, even 2x will hurt fps a lot, 4x or 8x will completely destroy it. Also for anyone having weird stuttering, set gpu render ahead to 2, stuttering will be completely gone.

13. leopr

leopr Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti OC
    I was going to post the same, the review of PCG looks much more accurate (i'm only talking about the 7970), i tried to play with everything maxed out (NO MSAA) the result was 60FPS steady with the latest BETA 11 + CAP 12.11 V2.

14. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970
    From looking at the memory usage for 1920x1200 I think I should be able to lay it on pretty thick at 1920x1080 with two 570s. Just got like 7 new games on Steam and this FC3 DL is taking forever and a day but I should know soon. Looks fun, can't wait.

15. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Different method, different setting, different place different way of think to it, hence why it is allways better to look 2-3 review and draw a line between them. ( same goes for hardware reviews ).

16. leopr

leopr Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti OC
    It's not that, the results from Guru3D review (CAT 12.11 B11 + CAP2 12.11) are exactly the same if you compare it with the first review that used the 12.11 B8 CAP 12.10...

17. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Interesting, maybe Hilbert will fix that:nerd:

18. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Why is it with every review these days there always one guy with some dark conspiracy theory ? Could it be that you have a R7970 and you simply refuse to accept what you see ?

I've stated it already, there is no performance increase in-between the two beta revisions unless you enable high MSAA modes. And sure, of course if you disable MSAA completely you'll reach roughly 60~65 FPS with a R7970.

Not shown with the R7970 but we have shown that with the GTX 680 (not too far away from R7970). The penalty for using MSAA is severe in FC3.

[​IMG]

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I use no AA and game @ 1080 and to hold 60fps i get around 70% usage at least in beginning level, so yeah that graph looks spot on.
    HH already said in the V2 review that the new AMD driver didn't really do anything, and lets face it there's none many other reviewer that beats HH.
    just sayin'.

20. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    Another great performance test.
    And is nice to confirm that my i7 965 @ 3.8ghz still rules :)