Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ ibitato - Yes, although predictably it is referred to as Dunia 2.0 I believe. The engine is fine but still suffers from the same issues as Far Cry 2, most noticeably a poor shadow draw distance and LOD issues.

This is game really is addictive. I've managed to do 9 of the 18 radio towers and the quest missions so far have been interesting and varied (the drug field one was quite hard though, especially the last part, though thankfully there were checkpoints). I'm puzzled though by my Statistics which show I've done 13 of the 38 quest missions but none of the 14 story missions. What are the story missions? I thought I was working my way through the story (I have rescued two of the friends). I'm still dying more from surprise animal attacks though and it is embarrassing to be mauled to death by an ostrich or boar. Increasing the Skills though definitely helps me to live longer but human enemies with machine guns are oddly easier to survive against than a tiger or leopard!!! :3eyes:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. ibitato

ibitato Guest

thanks darren
    i still play FC2 from time to time
    ill get FC3 once is on sale later on, cheap
    i have too many games atm i want to play

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The story missions are those blue icon "!" marks on the map, they usually appear after taking a enemy stronghold.
    (As the name indicates these quests tell a story although they are often very short.)

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    im downloading a new update it seems farcry3_1.02.exe 256MB

[​IMG]

5. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    256mb and only four fixes? wow......

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice. :)

EDIT: It includes 1.01 which is why it's also 200+ MB. :)

7. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
  8. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Release note – PC patch 1.02
    ----------------------------------------------

Multiplayer fixes for the patch:

PVP:
    - Fix some issues with user created maps when more than 8 players were playing them.

Map Editor:
    - Fix a Map Editor crash at launch when the windows user account contains language-specific characters.

Single Player fixes for the patch:

- Fix the "View Leaderboard" and "Start Trial" buttons in the World Map.
    - Improve stability when the user is quitting to desktop.

9. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Really? They gotta be kidding me... And where the hell are performance updates?

10. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    New patch and drivers didn't fix my stuttering issues but definitely got more performance, now i can use 4x msaa and still get stable 30 as before i got something like 1-5fps with that setting.

11. casamassi

casamassi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 GHZ@1202/7000Mhz
    hi, i have this configuration:
    Code:
    <GamerProfile>
    	<SoundProfile MusicEnabled="0" MasterVolume="100" MicEnabled="0" IncomingVoiceEnabled="0" Language="english" />
    	<RenderProfile MSAALevel="2" AlphaToCoverage="2" SSAOLevel="6" SDSM="0" ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1200" Quality="custom" QualityEditor="editor_ps3" Fullscreen="1" Borderless="0" UseD3D11="1" D3D11MultithreadedRendering="0" WidescreenLetterbox="0" UseWidescreenFOV="1" FOVScaleFactor="1.1625" EnableSubResolution="0" SubResolutionX="960" SubResolutionY="540" VSync="1" RefreshRate="0" DisableMip0Loading="0" GPUMaxBufferedFrames="4" ShowFPS="0" Brightness="1" Contrast="1" GammaRamp="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1">
    		<CustomQuality>
    			<quality ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" EnvironmentQuality="high" AntiPortalQuality="default" PortalQuality="medium" PostFxQuality="false" TextureQuality="high" TextureResolutionQuality="high" WaterQuality="veryhigh" DepthPassQuality="high" VegetationQuality="veryhigh" TerrainQuality="high" GeometryQuality="ultrahigh" AmbientQuality="high" DeferredAmbientQuality="high" ShadowQuality="ultrahigh" EditorQuality="" Hdr="1" HdrFP32="0" ReflectionHdr="1" EnableVertexBinding="1" id="custom" />
    		</CustomQuality>
    <Post>
    <quality GameDepthOfField="0" DepthDownsample="1" CinematicDepthOfField="0" FXAALevel="2" CloudShadows="1" MotionBlur="0" id="high" />
    </Post>
    	</RenderProfile>
    	<NetworkProfile VoiceChatEnabled="1" CustomMapMaxUploadRateInBitsOnline="10240000" OnlineEnginePort="9000" OnlineServicePort="9001" FileTransferHostPort="9002" FileTransferClientPort="9003" LanHostBroadcastPort="9004" LanClientBroadcastPort="9005" ScanFreePorts="1" ScanPortRange="1000" ScanPortStart="9000" SessionProvider="" MaxUploadInbpsOnline="10240000">
    		<Accounts />
    	</NetworkProfile>
    	<GameProfile />
    	<ProfileSpecificGameProfile Sensitivity="1" Invert_x="0" Invert_y="0" DefaultFlickFireDirection_y="0" UseMouseSmooth="1" Smoothness="0.2" Smoothness_Ironsight="0.2" HelpCrosshair="0" Gamepad_vibration="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="3" TaggingEnabled="0" UseAmbx="0" UseGamePad="0" GamepadAnswered="0" Autosave="1" Machete="0" IronsightToggleMode="0">
    		<FireConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
    	</ProfileSpecificGameProfile>
    	<RealTreeProfile Quality="High" />
    	<EngineProfile>
    		<PhysicConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
    		<QcConfig GatherFPS="1" GatherAICnt="1" GatherDialogs="0" IsQcTester="0" />
    		<InputConfig />
    		<ZoneConfig />
    	</EngineProfile>
    	<UplayProfile LockString="fVc/64iDgjJYvoDML4dvT/zgiBwnRUcTd61NfhpYfnk=" />
    </GamerProfile>

what do you think for quality / performance?
    i have 45 to 60 fps and sometimes go down to 35 fps..in dx 11
    i don't understand what can i change in the Gameprofile for best optimization..
    i have i5-2500k and CF 6950 and 12gb ram
    and
    if i change the settings in game, the Gameprofile will be unchanged or every time in add the lines..?

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah same here, no real difference. Tested a whole time cycle (day to night). Still cant activate MSAA.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    As a really stupid question (If the command is grayed out in the options menu.) have to checked that the game actually runs under DX11 since that's needed for AA (And AO) to work. :)

The Ubisoft launcher should start the appropriate exe but if DirectX 11 is disabled in-game it would be using the DX9 one instead, could easily check via task manager if it uses farcry3.exe / fc3.dll or farcry3_d3d11.exe / fc3_d3d11.dll otherwise I don't really know why it would be disabled.
    (Does forcing driver level AA disable it?)

14. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Are you using last beta drivers?

Have you tested this?

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oops sorry JonasBeckman. Poor wording on my part. I meant that turning it on via the in-game setting still destroys my frame rate.

@Maldo. Yep I tried both. Your Profile made things a bit smoother but that jarring stutter is still there.

Also using the latest driver from Nvidia - .64's. while using Inspector and fc2 AA bits (tried both) wont let me force driver AA either.

It's a shame coz when i load up to test a few tweaks or whatever i get distracted by the game itself and have a great time but eventually the low fps gets to me.

Thanks though guys.:)

I might load up my back up install of vista that's on a separate HD and see how it runs on there. It's fresh install so might be interesting to see but wont be doing that till the morning, 0100 here.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I should have read your previous posts more carefully. :)

And yes it does cause a noticeable performance hit to enable even MSAA 2x without Alpha-to-coverage filtering.
    (I am unsure but I assume basic means it uses MSAA and enhanced alpha-to-coverage means it uses SSAA but that is just a guess.)

EDIT: You could try downsampling though but it might be even more demanding, depends on the resolution you use and also the actual game.
    (Lots of stuff in this game plus it's very open so it will be fairly demanding.)

17. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    + 1 :)
    I love to explore this beautiful island...The random encounter from pirates or wild animals really feels so right..not to mention finding hidden relics, searching upgradeable equipment ( I don't use map to locate specific animal location)
    I hope they fix the ultra low res river water, everything else in the game is great i guess since the new patch already fixed water flickering :)

18. Ghastous

Ghastous Member

GPU:
    gigabyte 580GTX 1536
    well new patch out today and i put postFX on to max and woooot it runs at 60fps no drop at all so far nice one ubi :D

fuzzy loading seems to have been sorted out better as i dont see that as much now all in all im impressed with the patch

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah downsampling to 1440p pretty much has the same fps hit as MSAA. Also tried DX9 but performance is worse, and have tried disabling A2C but makes no diff.

Seriously at a loss a with this but not going to give up, i waited this long to play it and even got the deluxe version so payed that bit extra. Would be nice if it worked though.

20. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Woah! I was checking settings to see everything is ok and i noticed that i can now put shadows, postfx and geometry to ultra : O that was not an option in 1.01

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.