PhysX problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Kinleyb, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    I uninstalled both video/PhysX drivers and cleaned in safe mode but im getting a strange error when trying to install the new PhysX drivers which are included in the new 310.64 BETA drivers. Of course it fails to install under the Nvidia install option. So when i go to manually install the new PhysX drivers it gives me this error "The older version of NVIDIA PhysX cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group." I have never had this happen before. But if i roll back to the older driver and physx it installs fine? I don't get it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Anyone?

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    had it once happen i had to use driver sweeper to remove physx and drivers for nvidia in safemode then everything installed fined

4. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    this fixed it: Reinstall driver 306.97 then uninstall from add/remove programs. Install driver 310.64, select custom install, check mark perform a clean installation then proceed with the installation.

5. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Well i thought it fixed it but i guess not. i have tried everything but im still getting this error message when trying to install physx.

Yes! i have driver sweep in safe mode and ccleanered everytime but still getting this error. Im really about to just give up and reinstall windows.

Can a NVIDIA Guru please give me some tips!!!:bang:

[​IMG]

6. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    63 people viewing this forum common now!!

7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Tried running driver cleaner and ccleaner in safe mode?
    Tried reinstalling the original PhysX version that caused the problem and removing it through Cpanel?